Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Yet Another Use For The Blackstone Grill

Have you ever wanted some toasted coconut on something? Maybe a pie or cake, or even on top of your morning toast. Or maybe just a handful to munch on? 

And if you wanted it enough to get the pan out and toast in on the stove, you know how much fun that is. 

Well, if you wanted a lot of it, and if you have a Blackstone Grill, you could do this to a whole bag of shredded coconut: 

Yes, it's delicious and made our patio smell sooooo good. 

Spring "Spoiled Rotten" Chicken 
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Nice!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    Do you use any oil, or just straight on the griddle?  Also want kind of temps?
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    I've increased my propane flow from 5 psi to 10 psi, so I have to run mine on low or I'll burn to coconut pretty quickly.  If you still have the 5 psi regulator, I would say "Med" to "Med-High".  Even so, I tried a small batch first before dumping the entire bag on the grill.  And no oil.  Just hot and dry.

Spring "Test First Is A Good Policy" Chicken

• Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    When I want toasted coconut, I send the monkey up the palm with a mapp torch!!
  • Spring Chicken
    Rascal said:
    When I want toasted coconut, I send the monkey up the palm with a mapp torch!!
    Lucky you.  Mine won't do anything now that he's found my spa.

Spring "You Wanna Buy A Spa Monkey Cheap" Chicken

• Rascal
    Hope it's potty-trained!!  8 - )
  • Spring Chicken
    Rascal said:
    Hope it's potty-trained!!  8 - )
    We had to beef up the filtration system just to accommodate the monkey hair and banana peels.  And he likes to fling 'stuff' at those who get too close.  So in answer to your concerns, no, he's not potty-trained.

Spring "Monkey See Monkey Doo" Chicken

• Rascal
    Oh well, there goes the case for a sous vide in the hot tub.  But then again, you have a machine for that to monkey around with..
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    I've increased my propane flow from 5 psi to 10 psi, so I have to run mine on low or I'll burn to coconut pretty quickly.  If you still have the 5 psi regulator, I would say "Med" to "Med-High".  Even so, I tried a small batch first before dumping the entire bag on the grill.  And no oil.  Just hot and dry.

Spring "Test First Is A Good Policy" Chicken

Thanks!  I have a 10psi regulator, so low it is.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS