Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looking for Prime Brisket in North Dallas

feef706
feef706 Posts: 853
edited July 2016 in EggHead Forum
I'm on vacation in Dallas , north of 635, near Addison and west of Richardson. Would like to take a prime brisket or two back to Florida, where's the best place to find a fair deal on prime? Most in Florida are select...

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Costco
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• feef706
    Mickey said:
    Costco
    We aren't Costco members, any other ideas?
  • Mickey
    feef706 said:
    Mickey said:
    Costco
    Sorry, nope....
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited July 2016
    I am not from TX but read here a few times that HEB has prime briskets.  None in north Dallas but maybe you can swing by on your way home. 

<edit> 
    After I wrote that I realized I made the assumption that you drove from Florida to North Dallas. Probably a silly assumption. I might be a little drunk.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• feef706
    I am not from TX but read here a few times that HEB has prime briskets.  None in north Dallas but maybe you can swing by on your way home. 

<edit> 
    After I wrote that I realized I made the assumption that you drove from Florida to North Dallas. Probably a silly assumption. I might be a little drunk.
    I did drive from Florida, we will be out and about all week so can try and work any recommendations in but we will be leaving next Sunday at 0600 so stopping on the way out won't be an option. I'm not familiar with HEB, any membership required?
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    feef706 said:

<edit> 
    I did drive from Florida, we will be out and about all week so can try and work any recommendations in but we will be leaving next Sunday at 0600 so stopping on the way out won't be an option. I'm not familiar with HEB, any membership required?
    No membership required, it's a grocery store.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    feef706 said:
    Mickey said:
    Costco
    Sign up for membership, buy your briskets, then cancel. I'm pretty sure they prorate membership refunds, so you'll get almost all of the membership fee back.

HEB doesn't require membership, but their prime brisket is usually ~$1/lb more than Costco. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • feef706
    caliking said:
    feef706 said:
    Mickey said:
    Costco
    Sign up for membership, buy your briskets, then cancel. I'm pretty sure they prorate membership refunds, so you'll get almost all of the membership fee back.

HEB doesn't require membership, but their prime brisket is usually ~$1/lb more than Costco. 
    Thanks for the advice, I have all week to figure this out, appreciate the advice
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Dallas is my go-to vacation city too.
    Costco  or HEB Bee Cave at 71
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • feef706
    Dallas is my go-to vacation city too.
    Funny as I see a lot of Texas tags in the Destin area where we live, we get far away from the beach for our vacation. Lots to do and eat in Dallas.
  • XLentEGG
    XLentEGG Posts: 436
    Not that you will find a prime brisket there...... But I have heard that the " Rock and Brews " located in the colony ( just north of you ) is a pretty cool place for a beer and a bite to eat. Founded by the members of KISS..... Since you are on vacation :-)
    More meat please !! :-)
  • DMshow
    DMshow Posts: 18
    Central Market @ Lovers Ln and 75 in Dallas.  I'm pretty sure they are a sister company of HEB.
    LBGE '15    
    UA Local 100

• feef706

Found this at Minyards Sun Fresh Market around the corner from where we are staying, certified angus but a little spends, will check the central market @DMshow
  • Texag06ish
    Texag06ish Posts: 135
    Pretty sure Minyards is expensive. 
  • bhizzy905
    bhizzy905 Posts: 3
    Matador Meats in Plano, great butcher shop. May not be cheap. Restaurant Depot off Irving Blvd in Dallas has CAB briskets that are reasonable. Also try Cattleack BBQ while your in town. Hidden gem in Addison, only open Thurs and Fri for lunch. 
  • bclarksicle
    bclarksicle Posts: 167
    Try Rudolphs in Deep Ellum
  • Mickey
    Where in the Destin area do you live? We will be in Seaside for the 17th year in a row on the 6th. 

• FWRealtor
    FWRealtor Posts: 57
    Hirsch's Meats. Custom butcher shop in Plano. 

Www.hirschsmeats.com
    Big Green Egg Owner since 2012
    Fort Worth ,Texas
  • feef706
    bhizzy905 said:
    Matador Meats in Plano, great butcher shop. May not be cheap. Restaurant Depot off Irving Blvd in Dallas has CAB briskets that are reasonable. Also try Cattleack BBQ while your in town. Hidden gem in Addison, only open Thurs and Fri for lunch. 
    Does Resteraunt Depot require a membership of some sort?

Mickey said:
    Where in the Destin area do you live? We will be in Seaside for the 17th year in a row on the 6th. 
    I live in Fort Walton Beach, just west of Destin, about 45 mins from seaside.
  • XLentEGG
    XLentEGG Posts: 436
    Restaurant Depot requires a business license , or a KCBS membership card.
    More meat please !! :-)