Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Reltserw
    Reltserw Posts: 45
    Options
    Bloodys and NY Strips. Lunch. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Was out shopping with the wife this morning. Got home, lit the egg, started some prep work for dinner. Then I decided I had enough human interaction for now and took a break to the basement. Having a beer and channel surfing.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    Truck showed up for my eggs.  If they have room then we will take some household stuff too.

Nice pleasant day for a couple hundred trips in and out to the truck, hey? Be careful in this heat, and good luck!
    Luckily the humidity is so high you don't really need to walk to the truck.  You can just swim.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac -  best of luck with the move.  I a previous life I was doing the move gig every couple of years or more frequent.  You definitely knew it was always around the corner and certainly contributed to keeping the clutter inventory at a low level.  I have now been at the same address for many years and don"t envy you the drill.
    That said, enjoy the adventure and the new chapter.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    On the way to the trampoline park for the first time with the little girl.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Ozzie_Isaac -  best of luck with the move.  I a previous life I was doing the move gig every couple of years or more frequent.  You definitely knew it was always around the corner and certainly contributed to keeping the clutter inventory at a low level.  I have now been at the same address for many years and don"t envy you the drill.
    That said, enjoy the adventure and the new chapter.  
    Amen brother Cap. Duffel bag and foot locker.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Mac n' cheese, baked beans, and 2 spatchcock chickens are on the XL. Again, I outgrew my need for human interaction and am back in the basement with another beer and the TV. Usually I go sit by the egg, but it's too friggin hot for that.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Just arrived at the campground in Asheville. Max is lit. It's gonna be a good weekend...
    I no it is a lot cooler up there. Enjoy the beauty of the NC mountains!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    A thing of beauty right there!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Truck showed up for my eggs.  If they have room then we will take some household stuff too.

@Ozzie_Isaac  All best of luck with the move.  And a preliminary welcome back to AZ to you and your family.   Don't forget your Anti Monkey Butt - we're hitting 113 today again.

Phoenix 
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    This afternoon, I did about 1 1/2 hours of chansawing then stacking. Now I am at Victory brewing company.  Not sure if I am going to eat anything.... might just rehydrate. 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Hans61
    Options
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Hans61 said:
    Great looking steak.... even better looking little guy in the background..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Prepping a pizza for the egg with some Jim beam. Love Saturdays.
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    blasting said:

@Ozzie_Isaac  All best of luck with the move.  And a preliminary welcome back to AZ to you and your family.   Don't forget your Anti Monkey Butt - we're hitting 113 today again.

Monkey butt, AKA "swamp ass" sucks!!!!
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    In a previous life I was doing the move gig every couple of years or more frequent.  You definitely knew it was always around the corner and certainly contributed to keeping the clutter inventory at a low level.  I have now been at the same address for many years and don"t envy you the drill. 
    Yup.  While Active Duty I kept the possessions to a reasonable level, but have lived here 20 years now and need to rent a dumpster for the driveway and just start shoveling.
    Every once in awhile you read about an old guy who disappears, and the cops finally find his body, at home, buried between stacks of old magazines and junk.  That's gonna be me someday.   ;)

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Beautiful, 5-hour motorcycle ride this morning.  I'm still finding stunning roads and scenery within the state that I hadn't been on before.  Got pretty hot by the time I got home, though; a cold beer or three will be a good.  Temp was great when I was above 8,000 feet.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    blasting said:

• pgprescott
    Options
    Focker said:
    The French say the hardest dish to cook is roasted chicken.  Yeah right.

A little inspiration/motivation from the Bob Ross of BBQ, and his episode "ABCs of Smoke".

Just watched that one yesterday. I think yours beats "Bob's"!!! Beautiful!
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Focker said:

A little inspiration/motivation from the Bob Ross of BBQ, and his episode "ABCs of Smoke".

Thanks much Pete.  Kind of warming up to "Ross" as of late.  Actually learned on the episode to center my top vent, never cared to position the top vent before.  Always wondered why one side of the charcoal baskets would burn hotter than the other.  Thought it was just the loose fit. hahahahaha

Those monster beef ribs he pulled off the Yoder were killer.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• pgprescott
    Options
    Focker said:
    Focker said:

Thanks much Pete.  Kind of warming up to "Ross" as of late.  Actually learned on the episode to center my top vent, never cared to position the top vent before.  Always wondered why one side of the charcoal baskets would burn hotter than the other.  Thought it was just the loose fit. hahahahaha

Those monster beef ribs he pulled off the Yoder were killer.
    He's the luckiest SOB around. What a way to make your living. Obviously, it's not luck, but I'm jealous!
  • Hans61
    Options
    Dessert = Italian sausage stuffed mushrooms with Parmesan cheese
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Just unloaded the car after driving from Maine back to Maryland.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Resting and winding down with a good stiff drink. Attended a 8 hour Congressional school at the lodge today. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Dondgc
    Dondgc Posts: 709
    Options
    @sgh - what are you shooting the 7.62 stuff through? AR10?
    New Orleans LA