Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1st Meatloaf in LBGE

Options
First meatloaf on the LBGE and damn that was good!!!   Cooked at 350 until internal temp hit 160.  Left one plain no sauce and the other topped with Sweet Baby Ray's for the last 30 minutes.  

Retired Navy, LBGE
Pinehurst, NC

Comments

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,660
    Options
    Whoa baby! Egged meatloaf is one of my fave's.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Same here, one of my favorites as well.  Looks good.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Options
    Those look delicious ... Reminds me that I need to do meatloaf soon.  Thanks for posting.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    edited July 2016
    Options
    We love them too. I egged our favorite meatloaf recipe last Sunday and then served the slices along with fresh green string beans and new potatoes. That's a comfort meal that is even better as leftovers which we enjoyed again last night!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • yljkt
    yljkt Posts: 799
    Options
    Fork pic comments coming in about 1 minute....BTW love the pic of the fish spatula. 
  • NC_Egghead
    NC_Egghead Posts: 786
    Options
    Looks good! I haven't tried this yet but now it looks like I need to move it up the priority list. 
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    edited July 2016
    Options
    If you can find (or order online) Stonewall Kitchens BBQ or Country Ketchup to go in/on your meatloaf, it makes a good meatloaf GREAT!!! Their Farmhouse Ketchup is also pretty dang good.  
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Perfect!!

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• JacksDad
    JacksDad Posts: 538
    Options
    I'm definitely doing this soon... Thanks for the inspiration! 
    Large BGE -- New Jersey

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Looks great!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • mrs_story
    mrs_story Posts: 136
    Options
    Looks really good!  My husband & I enjoy meatloaf, but the kid doesn't.  Haven't had it this way, so I'm wondering if it'd sway her a bit. 

What percent of fat do you use for the meatloaf? 
  • Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Options

Meatloaf is good on the egg, but no smoked gravy for me....another topping

3/4 cup ketchup

1 to 2 tsp mustard

2 TB chili sauce

1 to 2 TB honey

dash of Worcestershire

dash of hot sauce (Franks)

LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    yljkt said:
    Fork pic comments coming in about 1 minute....BTW love the pic of the fish spatula. 
    NO FORKS! 

(You're welcome  ;))

New Albany, Ohio 

• bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,733
    Options
    Dang, that looks good!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Meatloaf is one of my favorites on the egg... Yours look fantastic !!!!!
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Canadian_Egghead
    Options
    man that looks good! I think I will have to try it!

• SmokingPiney
    SmokingPiney Posts: 2,282
    Options
    One of my favorite cooks on the Egg.

Looks delicious! 
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • XLentEGG
    XLentEGG Posts: 436
    Options
    At 160 internal, are the onions still crunchy ? I've hesitated with raw onions and peppers ,because I like them soft in the meatloaf. BUT that meatloaf of yours looks GREAT !
    More meat please !! :-)
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    XLentEGG said:
    At 160 internal, are the onions still crunchy ? I've hesitated with raw onions and peppers ,because I like them soft in the meatloaf. BUT that meatloaf of yours looks GREAT !
    Sauté them before adding. Works for me.

Bradleya123 you nailed it!!!!!

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• outdoorsmin
    Options
    RRP said:
    We love them too. I egged our favorite meatloaf recipe last Sunday and then served the slices along with fresh green string beans and new potatoes. That's a comfort meal that is even better as leftovers which we enjoyed again last night!

Care to share your recipe?  I love different Meat Loaf Recipes!
  • TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    Options
    Anyone have a favorite recipe they would like to share? I like meatloaf but there arent any good ones in my family. Would love to try this one time. 
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,174
    Options
    Meatloaf is my favorite grilled meal. It is fun to make in different ways and fun to eat too
  • bradleya123
    bradleya123 Posts: 466
    Options
    Mickey said:
    XLentEGG said:
    Sauté them before adding. Works for me.

Bradleya123 you nailed it!!!!!

Did not sauté before putting on the LBGE and they were soft! 
    Retired Navy, LBGE
    Pinehurst, NC

• bradleya123
    bradleya123 Posts: 466
    Options
    Please forgive me as I'm new on here but what's the deal with the fork picture?  Help out a brother!!
    Retired Navy, LBGE
    Pinehurst, NC

• AmericanFlannel
    Options
    Do you find the texture is different? I did one for thanksgiving that was amazing and had a lighter, almost fluffy texture. But I was using a different mix of meat (Wegman's meatloaf premixed: veal, lamb, pork) so I don't know if that is what made it (I usually just use ground beef and jimmy dean sage sausage)

This area doesn't understand meatloaf. They use just beef. That is a beef loaf.