Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Costco: Unsupervised

Options
My wife is about to leave town for a week. So apparently it was my job to shop for food this week. 

Rookie move, lady. 

She may come home to find me dead in my recliner with a glass of bourbon in one hand and my other hand clutching my heart through a Tommy Bahama shirt with a marathon of Clint Eastwood movies playing in the background...

But I'll have a smile on my face. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

Comments

• bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Hahaha

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Yeah mine doesn't let me go by myself. Nice haul.
  • Jameson19
    Jameson19 Posts: 354
    Options
    Hahahaha nice work!
    Large BGE, Adjustable Rig, Small BGE, 2 BBQ Guru's, 18" WSM, Rockwood, Stage 3 Roush Mustang and a hot wife... 

Las Vegas, Nevada!
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    SWMBO takes the membership card when she "goes away", keeps me off the streets and out of trouble. I trust the "Cowboy" is for someone else?
    I use it when I cook for my veteran/first responder group on my metal cooker I have chained to a tree behind our church. 

For or the price Costco sells it for I can't justify the good stuff. I try to keep the cost down for the generic burger and brat cooks. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    You de man.... B)
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Is that the 34#er? How much is it?
    My local Costco (Bellingham, WA) never seems to have lump, great buys on briquettes for the kettle, but never see lump.  
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    My local Costco (Bellingham, WA) never seems to have lump, great buys on briquettes for the kettle, but never see lump.  
    It's $18. After our Lowes started selling it for $12 for a 10pb bag and I saw this I started buying it like crazy. 

They stopped selling it at my Costco and I talked to a GM about it and they brought it back a week later after I told him I would by a half a pallet. 

They just dumped dumped it in the bed of the truck. 

South of Nashville, TN

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    It's $18. After our Lowes started selling it for $12 for a 10pb bag and I saw this I started buying it like crazy. 

They stopped selling it at my Costco and I talked to a GM about it and they brought it back a week later after I told him I would by a half a pallet. 

They just dumped dumped it in the bed of the truck. 
    Isn't it 40lbs? I haven't bought it but have been tempted many times for my quick cooks.
  • Royal Coachmen
    Options
    Funny post. Made me smile. 

Just bought a bag of Cowboy at my local Ace for $15.99 for the same bag. They used to have it at $12.99 but then they realized they were getting smoked on that deal so hey upped the price. It's still always $15.99/ bag at the Ace Hardware in Noblesville Indiana. 
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Killit_and_Grillit Posts: 4,326
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Lit said
    Isn't it 40lbs? I haven't bought it but have been tempted many times for my quick cooks.
    34. It's the biggest one I've seen. It's fine for just grilling. I can't tell one bit of difference on direct cooks other than than it burns a little quicker at 400/500 degrees. 

Royal Coachmen
    said:
    Funny post. Made me smile. 

Just bought a bag of Cowboy at my local Ace for $15.99 for the same bag. They used to have it at $12.99 but then they realized they were getting smoked on that deal so hey upped the price. It's still always $15.99/ bag at the Ace Hardware in Noblesville Indiana. 
    I don't have an Ace around here but if you can get the XL 34 lb bag for that price you should rent a truck and build a shed. 

Are you sure it's not the 22 lb bag? I can't believe Ace could sell at that price and make any money just because they are so low volume. But if so Ace will be the new place for me. 

South of Nashville, TN

• ElkhornHusker
    Options
    I was very tempted at Costco last week while admiring their prime beef selection.
    Elkhorn, NE
    1 large egg
    28" Blackstone
    Akorn Jr. 
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    I was very tempted at Costco last week while admiring their prime beef selection.
    I know. I looked at some beef ribs but stopped and thought, "if I come home with $185 of beef ribs I may overplay my hand"

i was was impressed by how trimmed out their unfrozen pork ribs were too. 

South of Nashville, TN

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    My wife is about to leave town for a week. So apparently it was my job to shop for food this week. 

Rookie move, lady. 

She may come home to find me dead in my recliner with a glass of bourbon in one hand and my other hand clutching my heart through a Tommy Bahama shirt with a marathon of Clint Eastwood movies playing in the background...

But I'll have a smile on my face. 
    Are you my long lost twin? Sounds perfect! 
  • Luvnlife
    Luvnlife Posts: 219
    Options
    Enjoy the feast, looks awesome!
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Ya. Nice Haul!  Upper! BossLady has eyes on me now. Should've snuck in a few #'s of Prime Cap of Ribeye. If you're gonna go down in a lump charcoal blaze of glory go down smiling Pilgrim :smiley:
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,087
    Options
    Best line ever ....

"Rookie move, lady."
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • J_Que
    J_Que Posts: 223
    Options
    The wife won't let me out of the house with the black card. 

I know all the rules, but the rules do not know me.

Small, Medium, 2 Large, XL ,Stumps XL Stretch, Workhorse 1975
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    The Costco in Louisville had 3 prime packers left, had I already not have 5, and no kitchen, I would have bought them. They will be gone in no time. Plus, Costco is opening a second location for Louisville. Opening date will be August 18.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    I picked up one of those Costco Pork Belly's myself today.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • DieselkW
    DieselkW Posts: 894
    Options
    My wife calls it a "meat coma", when I'm by myself and meals tend to consist of one item, with grill marks, and lots of it.

Indianapolis, IN

BBQ is a celebration of culture in America. It is the closest thing we have to the wines and cheeses of Europe. 

Drive a few hundred miles in any direction, and the experience changes dramatically. 

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Sounds good to me, except for one thing.  If you feel the big one coming on, toss the last of the bourbon back and and say something cool with your last breath.
    Phoenix 
  • DieselkW
    DieselkW Posts: 894
    Options
    “I’ve had a hell of a lot of fun and I’ve enjoyed every minute of it.”  Errol Flynn
    blasting said:

Sounds good to me, except for one thing.  If you feel the big one coming on, toss the last of the bourbon back and and say something cool with your last breath.

Indianapolis, IN

BBQ is a celebration of culture in America. It is the closest thing we have to the wines and cheeses of Europe. 

Drive a few hundred miles in any direction, and the experience changes dramatically. 

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,364
    Options
    Made a haul today also.

Jacksonville FL
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    blasting said:

Times up, Let's do this. Leeeeerooooooy Jeeeeeenkiiiins.  

South of Nashville, TN

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Rub it in you braggart!!!!   =)
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @Dobie You forget my number Big Dawg!?  Throw me a Bone my brotha from another litter. See what I did there :wink:
    For reals hmu!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,364
    Options
    @Dobie You forget my number Big Dawg!?  Throw me a Bone my brotha from another litter. See what I did there :wink:
    For reals hmu!
    Wassup dog? I see what you did there  ;)
    I know in your biz you get all the restaurant hook ups but for $9.99 for boneless prime Costco is my go to  B)
    Jacksonville FL
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Lucky........I'm never allowed in Costco without adult supervision. Nice work man! 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Nice haul Kilt. I'm sure you will have a couple of good sticks for dessert each night too. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL