Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef ribs.

Options
Beef ribs for the first time. Flavor was on point. Tenderness needs a little work. 
New Orleans, Louisiana. 
XL bge, Napoleon Prestige  Pro 665 (gasser) sad that it won't be used much anymore. 

Comments

• bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Looks great though 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    Great looking result.  Going forward, toothpick test for the win-never lets me down.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Likely undercooked. Look good tho
  • XLentEGG
    XLentEGG Posts: 436
    Options
    They do look good :-) I take the membrane off before cooking and go 5 to seven hours.
    More meat please !! :-)
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    That plating though. Nailed it. My sister is a chef and we are out by the fire and she just saw me scrolling and gave you the slow clap. 

Well played. (My wife just chimed in to compliment the lady of the house on the pottery blend with the marble....I don't know what that means. that's my que to fill the glass back up and tune out. Enjoy)

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    Looks great! My beef rib method is, 285 degrees, start probing at 4 hrs. For me, they usually finish @ 4.5 hrs finish temp is about 200 degrees
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • stichrunner
    stichrunner Posts: 103
    Options
    Thanks yall. Looks were so deceiving. I brought a whole rack with me to a buddies house and they were like leather I think leather  would have been easier to eat. I was crying on the inside as people past them up. Everyone said man the flavor taste so good but just so tough. I was on a roll too. Everything else i cooked to date has been on point. Lesson learn if it is not good then dont serve it. I dont know how my inner critic let this leave the house. Oh and of course the wife was like see i told you beef ribs are always tuff. New life goal. Prove her wrong. 
    New Orleans, Louisiana. 
    XL bge, Napoleon Prestige  Pro 665 (gasser) sad that it won't be used much anymore. 
  • stichrunner
    stichrunner Posts: 103
    Options
    That plating though. Nailed it. My sister is a chef and we are out by the fire and she just saw me scrolling and gave you the slow clap. 

Well played. (My wife just chimed in to compliment the lady of the house on the pottery blend with the marble....I don't know what that means. that's my que to fill the glass back up and tune out. Enjoy)
    Thanks. I will definitely tell my wife, and i love that meme
    New Orleans, Louisiana.