Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just ordered 2 New Style Nest (with handles) for Minis

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
I gave my Egg Carten to VI today and ordered 2 New Style Handled Nests for Minis. One for me so my Mini and Mini-Max would match on the table and one for the owner of Modica Market in Seaside, Fl. 
I picked up a Mini for Charlie several years ago and told him i would get him a Carten but that was about the  time they were not made anymore. 
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    Been trying to get the 'new' style nest for my mini ... very difficult thing to do in Calif. as the BGE dealers tell me 'they don't exist' ...
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • Mickey
    Options
    SoCalTim said:
    Been trying to get the 'new' style nest for my mini ... very difficult thing to do in Calif. as the BGE dealers tell me 'they don't exist' ...
    I was told our guys could order them. Hope so as i gave away my Carten yesterday. 

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I have one for my mini and love it. 

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    Options
    My mini has become my workhorse (single guy)  Please share your info?
  • yljkt
    yljkt Posts: 799
    Options
    My local dealer has the mini"s in the new thing that looks like the mini-max carrier. But almost $600.00 for the little darlings.  :o
  • Judy Mayberry
    Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
    Options
    Will someone post a picture of what these look like? 
    Judy in San Diego
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,347
    Options
    http://biggreenegg.com/product/mini-carrier/

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    @Dyal_SC
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I got one of these. An Ace store near me recently became a BGE dealer. I had an Ace gift card from cooking at the Space City Eggfest, so I got mine for 70% less. 

Called 3 different dealers a while back, and none of them knew what I was talking about. One tried to convince me that it didn't exist. Despite giving them the catalog/product number (116451).

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Mickey
    Options
    stv8r said:
    My mini has become my workhorse (single guy)  Please share your info?
    Not sure of the question but have 4 Eggs (2 Large, 1 Mini-Max, & the Mini (( my second Mini))) using the Mini-Max and Mini the most with the Mini getting the most of the work. 95% of the time just the two of us. 
    Is that the question?

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    SoCalTim said:
    @SoCalTim I went to my so called dealer a while back for both your carrier and a CI grid for my max. He literally laughed at me when I asked for them. He said neither existed. I walked out, will not return. What a Moron. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    Looks just like the MM carrier @Judy Mayberry...

• Mikee
    Mikee Posts: 892
    Options
    I got the new carrier when I got the mini 3 weeks ago. It really makes moving the mini very easy.
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    SMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,668
    Options
    SoCalTim said:

Any California BGE dealer can order it using part #116451.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    I was ready to get it at the eggfest but the distributor had only one and it was reserved.
    the rolling cooler has worked a few times this summer already but yeah the carrier looks nice.
    Seattle, WA
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Mickey said:
    I gave my Egg Carten to VI today...
    Carten could not have gone to a better home.
    Mickey, check the handle bolts for tightness when you get the nest.  I think it was Bruce and Kelly had a problem with theirs coming loose.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Mickey
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Mickey, check the handle bolts for tightness when you get the nest.  I think it was Bruce and Kelly had a problem with theirs coming loose.
    Will do on both. Thank you. 
    Did you buy a place?

• Mickey
    Options
    Mickey said:
    They came today

• flyerdoc
    flyerdoc Posts: 141
    Options
    I saw a mini max at my local dealer in the carry nest and thought, what a great idea, could take it to the beach, picnics... Was just going to check the price when I tested it by picking it up. My chronic lower back issues screamed at me, not gonna happen here unfortunately. But I do see why they are so popular. Ahh, to be young with a healthy back again!
  • Mickey
    Options
    flyerdoc said:
    I saw a mini max at my local dealer in the carry nest and thought, what a great idea, could take it to the beach, picnics... Was just going to check the price when I tested it by picking it up. My chronic lower back issues screamed at me, not gonna happen here unfortunately. But I do see why they are so popular. Ahh, to be young with a healthy back again!
    The replacement handles are for my Mini-Max that stays put most of the time. 
    I did get a new style nest for the Mini which is so much easer to move.