Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Newest addition to the family...(small)

Options

Comments

• Budaman5000
    Options
    Don't know what to cook on it... It's over 90+ degrees outside lots of humidity....
  • Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Options
    Nice addition......would be my choice since I don't travel with the egg and it has a larger lump capacity.....and a little more distance from the lump to the grid.....some day I'll pull the trigger.
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • outrageous
    outrageous Posts: 803
    Options
    Congratulations,  it is a workhorse, you will love it.  

Large egg and mini max egg plus a Blackstone griddle

South Ga. cooking fool !!!!!!!!

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Man, now I want another egg.  Better go sweet talk the wife
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    I acquired a SBGE a couple of years ago-great cooking machine.  I tricked it out with a High-Que grate and woo and stone from the CGS.  Associated links here: http://www.high-que.com and
    https://ceramicgrillstore.com/collections/woo-ring-for-small-big-green-egg 
    Definitely worth it.  And a great place for the direct CI pan to sear off a steak.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Budaman5000
    Budaman5000 Posts: 87
    edited July 2016
    Options
    first we shall start with apps...low and slow

• MotownVol
    MotownVol Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I am wanting another smaller egg and I am really struggling with the choice between the mini max and the small.   I am not really sure I would use the "portability" of the mini-max.   That said, I like the stand and the table top aspect of the mini max.  Also, I do a ton of short cooks, burgers, chicken, pork chops, steaks, etc.
    Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.
  • Budaman5000
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I chose small due to more capacity of lump...Been debating for a few months and took the leap.

• Budaman5000
    Options
    Flip  and getting ready for main course

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    I cannot compare the MM and SBGE but I would offer that if the alleged portability is not an issue then the increased lump capacity is a big plus for the SBGE.  That said, I have not run more than around 9 hours at L&S temps (250-280*F) on the dome but still had lump left to burn.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Nice addition. I'm a fan of the Small, I know some have Small eggs that won't get hot, but mine is not one of those.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    I have always said the large and small is the best combo! My small is my workhorse getting at least 60% of all my cooks! You won't be sorry! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Budaman5000
    edited July 2016
    Options
    got it 600 but grill was right above fire and cooked like 700 in the large...5 min total for steaks... Not bad din din
    That is home packaged corn not CAN corn...baked potato's... 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    The small is a stud. Food looks great!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I debated on small vs mm. It came down to what I could fit better in my vehicle for travel. A small is still a box that will eventually get checked. My first BGE meal, ever, came off a small, and it was so good, and better than anything I had ever done before, As soon as I got home from California, I got off the plane, went to my vehicle and drove to a BGE Dealer and bought an XL. Sorry I had not done so sooner.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Congratulations on your growing family.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Congrats.  I added a small back in February.  Love it.  I use my small 2-1 now compared to my large.  I have yet to do a l&s on it though.  The only down side I've seen to it so far is that it's a pain in the a$$ to clean.  I bought a kickash basket that is arriving for it today though, so hopefully that will help.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Congrats, enjoy!!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    Congrats.  I added a small back in February.  Love it.  I use my small 2-1 now compared to my large.  I have yet to do a l&s on it though.  The only down side I've seen to it so far is that it's a pain in the a$$ to clean.  I bought a kickash basket that is arriving for it today though, so hopefully that will help.
    KAB will make that task easy!!! Wish I would have bought one for my small way back when they first were offered. Lift, shake, return!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    Love my small/large combo.  The woo ring is a great accessory for it!

https://ceramicgrillstore.com/collections/woo-ring-for-small-big-green-egg

Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,660
    Options
    You're gonna love that little dude. The small is my most used egg. Get yourself a Kick Ash Basket and a woo and stone and you're set.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    Welcome to the L/S club. 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Dawgs8033
    Dawgs8033 Posts: 113
    Options
    I went with the small to compliment my large as well. Glad I did and portability is not an issue, just take the guts out and carry them out of the egg, when you do that I can pick up my small and pack it in the car solo.
    LGBE, SBGE,Blackstone,Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe.