Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Lit said:
    Thanks guys was really lucky only the gutter got it bad. Got it all cleaned up and trimmed the rest of the tree while I was at it. Sucks though that was my egg and hammock shade tree.
    Thought that looked like a hammock at the bottom of your picture.  First thought was that @Lit might want to loose a little weight.  Sorry, but have to laugh at that kind of stuff.  Ozzie is trying to get everything together to move this weekend.  In addition to the alternator going out on his auto, he lost two trees last week to winds.  One had to be taken down in pieces due to proximity to the neighbor's house and a couple of other trees in his yard.

Glad your damage was minimal.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Focker said:
    HeavyG said:
    Focker said:
    Watching Trump, and realizing how much our country needs him right now.  We are at a critical low.  

My ticket is punched, and I'm a Dumbocrat. 
    I'd say Trump is an idiot but I don't want to risk having the Oz-inators thread Buffaloed so I won't.
    He's not, just listen.  You may have cerumen blockage.
    I've listened to what he says and it sounds like he's trying to get my senile grandmother to give him money, and sadly, it seems to work.
    Options
    Options
    How's the weather? Warm enough for you?
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    You will never hear me say that it is too cold where I live.  I will say several times a year that it is too hot.  Today is one of those days.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Lit said:
    Thanks guys was really lucky only the gutter got it bad. Got it all cleaned up and trimmed the rest of the tree while I was at it. Sucks though that was my egg and hammock shade tree.
    Thought that looked like a hammock at the bottom of your picture.  First thought was that @Lit might want to loose a little weight.  Sorry, but have to laugh at that kind of stuff.  Ozzie is trying to get everything together to move this weekend.  In addition to the alternator going out on his auto, he lost two trees last week to winds.  One had to be taken down in pieces due to proximity to the neighbor's house and a couple of other trees in his yard.

Glad your damage was minimal.
    It's scary there were 3 adults drunk swinging in that hammock just a couple weeks back could have been bad.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Counting down the days until vacation.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Working for a few hours and then Headed to Thompson Meat Packers to pick up a 72lb case of CAB Natural briskets to cook tonight. I'm guessing there will be 6 but maybe 5. We shall see!! 
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Very nice @Ozzie_Isaac Enjoy your much deserved permanent vacation!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,085
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Not so permanent ;)  Only lasts till Aug. 1st.  Then a new job at a new company .... but I'm pretending for the week!

Sounds better than unemployed. 
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Great news Ozzie!

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Big events so far today and looking better for the new kitchen.
    First: 50 pounds of pecan chunks arrived at my door. With the box open the aroma of split pecan is filling our house.
    Second: My wiring passed code inspection 
    Third: I was given tomatoes by  the electrical wiring code inspector, because he too, owns a bge and a golden. We bonded
    Great day thus far!

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • tgs2401
    tgs2401 Posts: 423
    Options
    Filed for divorce after 32 years of marriage. Times are a changing...........
    One large BGE in Louisville, KY.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    tgs2401 said:
    @tgs2401 Let me know what I can do to help. Been there. It is rough, for everyone. Hang tough. and get a grip. Emotions will impact decision making skills on upcoming pressure points. Get a very good attorney.
    I feel your pain brother. You will get through this, and it will get better.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    tgs2401 said:
    Oof. What a kick in the nuts. Hopefully everything works out.
  • tgs2401
    tgs2401 Posts: 423
    Options
    The situation has been intolerable for years now and I guess I finally just reached my limit. I'm pretty well numb to the emotional side of it at this point. Just want to get it over with and move on plus try to keep my egg :)
    One large BGE in Louisville, KY.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    tgs2401 said:
    The situation has been intolerable for years now and I guess I finally just reached my limit. I'm pretty well numb to the emotional side of it at this point. Just want to get it over with and move on plus try to keep my egg :)
    Sell it to me for 1 dollar. I will sell it back to you for the same afterwards, you keep it for me.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    Options
    tgs2401 said:
    Cheers to the first day of the rest of your life. Hope you find the happiness you deserve. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Not so permanent ;)  Only lasts till Aug. 1st.  Then a new job at a new company .... but I'm pretending for the week!

Sounds better than unemployed. 
    Congrats.....and really, you can say due to high demand, you were drawn out of retirement.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    @tgs2401 - Time to live by the real pearl of wisdom from the late and great Leroy "Satchel" Paige, "don't look back, somethin' might be gainin' on ya."  
    Best of luck with the whole deal.  You will emerge victorious and happier.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Love sliders!
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac these are shrimp with garlic, soy, ginger aioli
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,624
    Options
    Shrimp sliders, I hate you.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac these are shrimp with garlic, soy, ginger aioli
    Show off.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,342
    Options
    Just a little flat iron steak and salad. 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Better than the sans diaper milestone.

Tomorrow, weather permiting, is bush trimming 101.  
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."