Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2016 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

Options

Comments

• ChillyWillis
    ChillyWillis Posts: 893
    edited July 2016
    Options

My package arrived today! There was no note in the package so I'm not sure who I should be thanking, but I got a collection of sauces from the Redlaw sauce co (none of which I've ever tried before) and some pickled chilies. It looks like these came from somewhere in Colorado. Some of the flavors of sauces are unreal looking..... Whisky & sweet cherry, kiwi lemon grass teriyaki...... Can't wait to dig in.

Thanks mystery egger, these will be put to good use at the family reunion next weekend!
  • annjamaican
    annjamaican Posts: 152
    Options
    "Wine & Swine" pig lotion. *gigglefit*
    - Jamaican living in rural Western Washington
    - Got my first egg (XL) in October 2015
  • ChillyWillis
    Options
    @cazzy who was my mystery elf? I'd like to extend a proper thank you. 
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    @cazzy who was my mystery elf? I'd like to extend a proper thank you. 
    My bad...I meant to tag him in a reply to your post but got busy smoking butts for my kid's party.

Great job @Mantoothian
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • ChillyWillis
    edited July 2016
    Options
    That pulled pork looks amazing!

Anyway thanks for the package @Mantoothian the sauces look delicious! Any recommendations on what to use the different flavors on?
  • HoustonEgger
    HoustonEgger Posts: 616
    Options
    motsol said:
    I finally arrived back home after a travel week to find this nice surprise!! Thank you @HoustonEgger

Awesome package - but not from me (looks like it came from Georgia?)! Maybe @cazzy can help here
    Formerly of Houston, TX - Now Located in Bastrop, TX
    I work in the 'que business now (since 2017)

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
    Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    motsol said:
    I finally arrived back home after a travel week to find this nice surprise!! Thank you @HoustonEgger

Awesome package - but not from me (looks like it came from Georgia?)! Maybe @cazzy can help here
    That's an Alabama package.  Not from me.  Mine went to @Mantoothian and I'm guessing it arrived OK.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • motsol
    motsol Posts: 28
    Options
    cazzy said:
    motsol said:

Great care package but wow.......that range/oven!!!!
    HA!! Thank you! 
  • cazzy
    Options
    motsol said:

@motsol your package was from @mwatts
  • cazzy
    Options
    Huge shout out to @gmac for sending me some of Canada's finest.  While it wasn't necessary to send me something, I really appreciate your kind gesture.  Thanks man!!

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    @cazzy Nice, the jerk rub is good! 

Drop mic and exit stage. Well done #idlikesomegridlifters @gmac
    Large

Houston,TX
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Awesome gift exchange @gmac.  You hit out of the park and @Jstroke is right you need to patent and do something with the great lifters.  Well done!
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Those definitely beat the hell out of my bricks wrapped in foil!!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Looks like this years Rub & Sauce Exchange was once again a huge success. As always...I had a blast. Thanks @jabam & @cazzy. For the next 11months.....have fun searching for sauces and rubs for next years event.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • annjamaican
    annjamaican Posts: 152
    Options

Thank you so much @NERVOUS for putting together an Egg-cellent authentic Santa-Maria style tri-tip themed package. Everything arrived nicely wrapped, safe and sound. You've motivated me to get grilling; I'm especially eager to try the red oak chunks you so generously included. Thanks @cazzy for coming up with this wonderful idea, it's definitely helped to foster a stronger sense of community with fellow Eggheads. A++

- Jamaican living in rural Western Washington
    - Got my first egg (XL) in October 2015
  • NERVOUS
    NERVOUS Posts: 104
    Options

Thank you so much @NERVOUS for putting together an Egg-cellent authentic Santa-Maria style tri-tip themed package. Everything arrived nicely wrapped, safe and sound. You've motivated me to get grilling; I'm especially eager to try the red oak chunks you so generously included. Thanks @cazzy for coming up with this wonderful idea, it's definitely helped to foster a stronger sense of community with fellow Eggheads. A++

I'm so relieved everything made it safely...  And I'm happy you liked the contents.  I can't wait to see pictures of your upcoming tri-tip cooks.
    Jeremiah  |  La Canada Flintridge, CA  |  XL BGE
    "Life is about experiences...  And one of my absolute favorite experiences is FOOD!"
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    @jstroke  Glad you liked everything and that it all got there. The lifters were stolen from another post I read on here so I am afraid that there is likely someone else's patent that I'm infringing on. 
    Thanks for taking the time to post the shots and I really look forward to hearing what you liked and didn't. I know it sucks being on the road. I am especially glad that I was able to send untreated wood and alcohol to the US and that it actually made it. If anyone from Customs asks, those are Apple wood smoking sticks. That's what I called them anyway. I may have forgotten to add the beer to the commercial invoice but that would clearly an oversight on my part and not intentional at all. 

@cazzy  It was the least I could do for all the fun that you bring to the exchange. Now, there was one "dislike" from you on one of my posts we need to talk about....
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • cazzy
    Options
    gmac said:
    @jstroke  Glad you liked everything and that it all got there. The lifters were stolen from another post I read on here so I am afraid that there is likely someone else's patent that I'm infringing on. 
    Thanks for taking the time to post the shots and I really look forward to hearing what you liked and didn't. I know it sucks being on the road. I am especially glad that I was able to send untreated wood and alcohol to the US and that it actually made it. If anyone from Customs asks, those are Apple wood smoking sticks. That's what I called them anyway. I may have forgotten to add the beer to the commercial invoice but that would clearly an oversight on my part and not intentional at all. 

@cazzy  It was the least I could do for all the fun that you bring to the exchange. Now, there was one "dislike" from you on one of my posts we need to talk about....
    Fat fingered...fixed now!   ;)
  • _Moose_
    _Moose_ Posts: 44
    Options
    @gmac I'd love to get a set of those grate lifters from you, or from the gentleman who initially made them if you remember who. Either way, they look awesome and extremely useful

MBGE, Blackstone Tailgater Grill/Griddle Combo

Outside Birmingham, AL

• NERVOUS
    NERVOUS Posts: 104
    Options
    I'd like to give a huge shoutout and "Thank you" to @Space_City_Egger for putting together an incredibly generous Texas themed gift exchange package for me.  I'm a former temporary resident of the Great State of Texas, so I was thrilled when I saw the return address on my package.  True to form, @Space_City_Egger did not disappoint.  His gift exchange package included everything from snacks for my kids (which aren't even pictured because they got snatched up so quickly) to local fast food themed Whataburger sauces (which were honestly my favorite items) to some great Texas based sauces (which I can't wait to try).

Sadly, there was some collateral damage in-transit...  But the vast majority of the contents made it safely.

@cazzy - I also want to thank you (again) for putting this wonderful gift exchange together...  I can't wait to participate next year!
    Jeremiah  |  La Canada Flintridge, CA  |  XL BGE
    "Life is about experiences...  And one of my absolute favorite experiences is FOOD!"
  • Space_City_Egger
    Options
    Glad you liked it @NERVOUS I hope the Shiner was enjoyed. I'm Really enjoying those while manning the egg in 100+ temps. My favorite sauce is the Memphis style. Love that on ribs. 
    Large

Houston,TX
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    WOW!  I just picked up my package yesterday at the myusaddress.ca shipping service in Ogdensburg NY (I am Canadian).  Clearly, I am the winner of this exchange and @CTMike deserves the crown.

A bottle of Woodford Reserve Double Oaked, Old Bay seasoning (not available in Canada and I mentioned in a thread that I had finished my last jar), the whole collection of Meat Church rubs, Oakridge rubs, Stonewall kitchen sauces, Rufus Teague sauces, hot sauces and other rubs.  I had a hard time fitting everything in one picture.

Thank you Mike, you are a great guy!

Options
    @paqman and @CTMike - Totally off the charts exchange.  Any one of the selections would have made the top-shelf cut but in total-definitely over the top.
    BTW- @paqman -  I spent my youth around 100 miles east (and north) of Ogdensburg.  I could handle the cold back then-not so much now.  Enjoy the haul.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    @paqman,

It was my pleasure and I am glad that everything made it in one piece. There is very little that is local to CT, except for those ziploc bagged rubs and the Dragons Blood Elixir hot sauces that we were able to pick up at a local farmers market. 

The Stonewall kitchen products come from Maine but are sold locally. The Oakridge, Meat Church, and Wuju products I just doubled up on when I was ordering for myself. 

The Woodford Double Oaked is my favorite every day bourbon so I figured I'd share a bottle of that as well. 

Take care, and thanks for the ice cream recommendation, we are stopping at the Orleans location on the way back home tomorrow. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    I'm such a delinquent - haven't posted the pics of the awesome package @paqman sent to me. Will try to get to it next week.
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    @Eggingaround sent me an exchange thank you package!  Thank you so much and it all looks great!  

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Eggingaround
    Options
    @kl8ton glad everything arrived safe and sound. Thanks again! 
    Mckinney, TX
    LBGE--AR with Rig extender 
    Mini Max