Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Where Aaron Franklin goes for BBQ

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
Village Idiot and I ""meat"" for lunch. The best beef rib in my life. 

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    I know what I'm getting for dinner tonight.  Love that place.
  • Mickey
    Options
    Legume said:
    See VI for a loan. That rib was 2lb. $40+tax. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• miniscus
    miniscus Posts: 27
    Options
    Looks soon good!
    Bill
    Ft worth, TX

"He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes, but he who never asks a question is a fool forever."

-Dr. D. Tartar
  • Legume
    Options
    Yikes, maybe I'll stick to the tacos then and just cook some beef ribs this weekend.  $40 should buy two racks of plate ribs (6 ribs) at Sam's.
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Beautiful food... Yikes on price but more power to them.
    Seattle, WA
  • Mickey
    Options
    Legume said:
    Yikes, maybe I'll stick to the tacos then and just cook some beef ribs this weekend.  $40 should buy two racks of plate ribs (6 ribs) at Sam's.

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Legume said:
    See VI for a loan. That rib was 2lb. $40+tax. 

I'm sure it was terrific, but I'm far too cheap for that.  

Phoenix 
  • Mickey
    Options
    Guys it was worth it. Absolutely the very best beef rib ever. 

• Legume
    Options
    Every one of those tacos are excellent.  Two and a couple of beers and its naptime.
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Nice posting of the menu board... I'm the type that watches the food truck shows on tv and pause it to see if I can see the menu and prices. I just like an idea of what the food costs.
    Seattle, WA
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    I like the sounds of that sea salt lime guac.  
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Their sauce is dirt cheap! :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Mickey
    Options
    SkinnyV said:
    Nice posting of the menu board... I'm the type that watches the food truck shows on tv and pause it to see if I can see the menu and prices. I just like an idea of what the food costs.

• bgeaddikt
    bgeaddikt Posts: 503
    Options
    Monster rib! Dear Lord.
    Austin, Tx
  • hogfan412
    hogfan412 Posts: 75
    Options
    Nice.   I bet it was good.
  • Mickey
    Options
    hogfan412 said:
    Nice.   I bet it was good.
    It was so far past good............... :o

• Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options
    Oh man.  Had one like that at Daisy May's in NYC after I saw it on TV.  Expensive as hell, but could cut it with the plastic fork.  Couldn't eat the whole thing.  Took leftovers back to my room with about 7 inches of beef bone jutting out the container.
    Apollo Beach, FL
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I feel bad for you cheap suckers. Second best place I went after AyAyron's own place. That beef rib was money. Good thing CT paid, though I walked over to the gas station and picked up the beer. @Legume is right about nap time after.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    $20/lb....Heck the bone probably cost you twenty bucks! 

Prices around Atlanta are in that ballpark, maybe a couple bucks cheaper but definitely nothing that qualifies as best ever. 
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    Their sauce is dirt cheap! :)

Oooh, I love that stuff.
    NOLA
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Damn I wish I lived in Texas. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Depending on where you live it can be a pleasure or total fkn hell.   I lived there, worked there, school, etc. 
    Options
    @nolaegghead admittingly I've never stepped foot on Texas soil but I'm guessing you're referring to political differences? (As I'm from South Carolina so the climate isn't very different)
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @Jeremiah -  definitely a different read than where I would have landed.  And yes I have spent some time in Texas but I always generally figured the political landscape was fairly consistent regardless of area of the state.  But I could be way off the mark.  
    Upon further review, if @nolaegghead enjoyed part of it then he must have felt the ambience of a closet Hillary cell.  Or just the presence of awesome beef at great cuts and prices.  Whatever-perhaps he will provide more in another life... ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Legume
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Depending on where you live it can be a pleasure or total fkn hell.   I lived there, worked there, school, etc. 
    true, true, but you just described almost every state
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    @nolaegghead admittingly I've never stepped foot on Texas soil but I'm guessing you're referring to political differences? (As I'm from South Carolina so the climate isn't very different)
    No, nothing political.  I really liked living in San Antonio.  Lived in College Station (boring but ok).  San Marcos (beautiful, lovely).  Commuted to Houston for a year (week on, week off).  Horrible traffic, strip malls, depressing everything....  Just my opinion.  There are really cool places in Houston to live, but it's a sprawling suburbia for the most part.  Not my bag.
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    There's always a petition in Austin to become it's own state in the middle of Texas. It is a very liberal city and Californians are moving there in droves making it more so. Austin, Dallas, and much of Houston are liberal cities. The rest of the state is mostly conservative. The state is 900 miles across, it's going to be diverse. But lots of good barbecue all around, but with that comes a lot of mediocre barbecue too. Just gotta know where to eat.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Texas is the only state I have been in, where you could walk in mud, almost knee deep, and the wind would still blow dust in your face. We have friends a family there. I have been to some very cool places there, and some, not so much. I do enjoy the BBQ. Big time.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    You can get pretty much the same thing at John Lewis's place in Charleston at the same price too!  

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    Valentina's is one of the best meals I have ever eaten. I am going to Lewis BBQ today for lunch. I have high hopes. It has gotten great reviews...of course. 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC