Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My New MiniMax All 3/8" S/S Cooking Grid Has Arrived!!

Comments

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    tjv said:
    looks like you are all set now......

t
    @tjv Thanks for your help Tom. Now I will work on my last Mod, see you soon!!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited July 2016
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Cost of ss mm grid?
  • Hotch
    I had ordered 5 custom grids, 4 MM and 1 Med. Depending on how and what you want it may be more or less than what I have.
    If interested, I would just give him a call or email. He is a good guy. Been doing this for years. Naked Whiz has review he stuff. You may want to take a look over there.
    I can say I'm extremely satisfied!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • bgeaddikt
    bgeaddikt Posts: 503
    I almost want to set up a group buy and see if that would be cheaper and easier for him. I just got the cast-iron grid but the smooth finish on your grate makes me want 1 of those as well
    Austin, Tx
  • SkinnyV
    In for group by.... Just let us know
    Seattle, WA
  • JMCXL
    JMCXL Posts: 1,524
    Sorry but had to ask... Did you get this from Ceramic Grill Store? I looked on their website and don't see it.
    Northern New Jersey
     XL - Woo2, AR      L (2) - Woo, PS Woo     MM (2) - Woo       MINI

Check out https://www.grillingwithpapaj.com for some fun and more Grilling with Papa (incase you haven't gotten enough of me)

Also, check out my YouTube Page
    https://www.youtube.com/c/grillingwithpapaj

Follow me on Facebook 
    https://www.facebook.com/GrillingPapaJ/

• Hotch
    JMCXL said:
    Sorry but had to ask... Did you get this from Ceramic Grill Store? I looked on their website and don't see it.
    I got the Woo from Tom at the Ceramic Grill Store. He also made a few mods I requested. 
    I had the MiniMAX grids made by Michael at Michael's Custom Grill Works.
    Naked Whiz did a product test and review some 3 years back. 
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • BbqDave
    BbqDave Posts: 10
    Awesome setup.  Wow!
    Tega Cay, SC - Large & Medium BGEs w/ KABs, Plate Setters & Pizza Stones
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Lit said:
    @Hotch sorry to stray from your OT. I've never had a CI grid or pan corrode. Quite possibly because it stays inside the egg & pans etc inside a cupboard. Back to your originally scheduled program.  
    The grids will rust pretty fast actually if you do a high heat cook then let them sit. This is my mini grate right now.
    $20 at a sandblaster:

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Mickey said:
    Lit said:
    @Hotch sorry to stray from your OT. I've never had a CI grid or pan corrode. Quite possibly because it stays inside the egg & pans etc inside a cupboard. Back to your originally scheduled program.  
    The grids will rust pretty fast actually if you do a high heat cook then let them sit. This is my mini grate right now.
    $20 at a sandblaster:

I have wire brush attachments for my drill it will strip it bare pretty fast. Won't look as good as yours but I would get the stainless one posted in this thread before I would sink any more money into this one. Nice grate by the way.
  • Lit
    The wire brushes for drills for great to clean these grates up. The rain was stopping me from fixing the gutter so decided after my post to finally clean this this up. Took about 20 minutes I would guess. Still gotta hit a couple places with a brush by hand where thedri brush couldn't go but I'll be cooking on it tonight.
  • SLOandSteady
    SLOandSteady Posts: 210
    Which drill bit is that?
  • Lit
    These are the 2 I used. Have had these for years but pretty sure I got them from Home Depot. They are solid they will eat through concrete. I use my rigid high speed drill it spins like 4 times as fast as my 18v makita. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Lit said:
    These are the 2 I used. Have had these for years but pretty sure I got them from Home Depot. They are solid they will eat through concrete. I use my rigid high speed drill it spins like 4 times as fast as my 18v makita. 
    You can buy these really cheap at harbor freight. 
  • Jai-Bo
    Jai-Bo Posts: 584
    Grate looks GREAT!
    Hunting-Fishing-Cookin' on my EGG! Nothing else compares!
  • A little OT but after all these pics here are going to make me get a woo finally. Great looking setups everyone. 
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• SkinnyV
    @lit thanks for the wire brush idea.... Getting to work on these. Already had to ditch the cordless drill.

Seattle, WA
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    @SkinnyV Cute drill. Better hope your wife doesn't get mad that you're using her tools :wink:
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SkinnyV
    edited August 2016
    @SkinnyV Cute drill. Better hope your wife doesn't get mad that you're using her tools :wink:
    That bagged hitachi set has done me well. Kitchen and 1200 sq foot basement remodel. The cordless drill, skill, and sawzall worked like a champ, only one additional battery purchase so far.
    Hey beats the Ryobi neon colors...

my corded gear is rigid,it comes in a cute Orange.
    Seattle, WA
  • SkinnyV
    The grid is going to be a PIA to get 100% but this was with some light work.

Seattle, WA
  • Lit
    Looks good @SkinnyV. The other one in my pic really helped on the grate and it works really well on the bad spots. 
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    maybe when the weather cools down, I'll have "clean the grid day" at the shop.......it's kinda fun pounding metal with air and media in the abrasive cabinet......

as a side note, my guys want to fire up the platform welder.......the welder is 100Kva, so we'll see how thick of material they can run.  My hunch is, the welder won't be the limiting factor, more how do we effectively cut the rod to required length.  EPQ Stainless at mid 120ksi can be hard stuff to cut.

t   
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    @tjv maybe not the right place to ask, but can I send you back my mm woo for the handles to be added as you did hotch?
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited August 2016
    @Hotch
    Thats an awesome set up brother.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NPHuskerFL
    Just spoke to MS & my emails were lost in translation. I'm good with that. It happens. BGE customer service is still top notch.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Hotch
    tjv said:

as a side note, my guys want to fire up the platform welder.......the welder is 100Kva, so we'll see how thick of material they can run.  My hunch is, the welder won't be the limiting factor, more how do we effectively cut the rod to required length.  EPQ Stainless at mid 120ksi can be hard stuff to cut.

t   
    @tjv Tom I agree. You need to get that fired up and running.
    You can put out some of the best S/S grids with that Bad boy!!
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • NPHuskerFL
    Just spoke to MS & my emails were lost in translation. I'm good with that. It happens. BGE customer service is still top notch.

Oops my bad. Posted to the wrong thread. 
    @Hotch Sweet setup mang!  @tjv turns out some quality products no doubt. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    I'm actually in the market for a new grate for my small which is the same size as a M/M. @Hotch please tell me the "out-the-door" cost of this.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • SkinnyV
    RRP said:
    I'm actually in the market for a new grate for my small which is the same size as a M/M. @Hotch please tell me the "out-the-door" cost of this.
    Shh..... It's a secret. it's been asked...
    Seattle, WA