Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grill Dome 8" ext grate

Options
I found this Grill Dome 8" ext grate on special through BBQ guys for about $14 shipped. Last one in stock.
Fits perfectly inside the dome and has wiggle room even if bigger items are placed on top. Don't mind the broken platesetter. Tested it with some taters
Austin, Tx

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Nice little accessory.  I think that was designed to also work inverted to put the grate close to the fire on on the small grill dome.  Probably would not work in the minimax because the grate is already close. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Dawgs8033
    Dawgs8033 Posts: 113
    Options
    That looks good I am going to have to grab one of those.
    LGBE, SBGE,Blackstone,Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe.
  • smokeyj
    smokeyj Posts: 340
    Options
    That is also grill domes indirect rack. Problem was it left to much open area. Grill dome said you can only use a 13 inch indirect pan when cooking indirect. If you went bigger and your firebox or anything breaks he will say it was your fault and won't cover the warranty. 
  • MO_Eggin
    MO_Eggin Posts: 282
    Options
    The comments above are correct - that product is intended to be used similar to the spider (nothing wrong with using it as an additional grate though).  Grill Dome makes a different an extender that has a larger grate area that is intended to be used as a raised grid - their large works well a second deck on the LBGE, I believe it's a 15 inch grate, very sturdy.
    LBGE - St. Louis, MO; MM & LBGE - around 8100' somewhere in the CO Front Range
  • bgeaddikt
    bgeaddikt Posts: 503
    Options
    They also had a 10" option for a few bucks more but this works for me.
    Austin, Tx
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I have one from when I had a medium. Seemed like it was the only accessory available for that size of egg. I still use for certain things in my large or to raise the grid. I don't use it as much now that I have an AR.
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    I use the large Grill Dome extender for another level on my large.  Use it very frequently too.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site