Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ever Tried To Cook A Brisket In Your Bath Tub?

Options
Ladeback69
Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
Just seen this on my Dealers Facebook page and had to post it here.  To funny.  Glad no one was hurt.
http://www.local8now.com/content/news/Knoxville-firefighters-Woman-tried-to--386521051.html
XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.

Comments

• dopey
    dopey Posts: 201
    Options
    Here's your sign...
    What I do when I'm black out drunk is none of my business...

John Central CT
  • MikeHLoudon
    Options
    As a native East Tennessean, I'd like to say that the overwhelming majority of us are not this dense...
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Options
    no but I have had PJ from a bathtub

ah, college and low standards
    Boom
  • Ladeback69
    Options

We did it in trash cans so it was called Trash Can Punch.  Used a new liner each time, but alcohol kills germs, right? ;)  

Kansas City, Mo.
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Options

We did it in trash cans so it was called Trash Can Punch.  Used a new liner each time, but alcohol kills germs, right? ;)  
    first time I decided to make PJ myself I bought a cheap cooler from walmart, poured a couple handles of everclear into it and then started chopping all the fruit on counter. after I was done with fruit I went to dump it into the cooler and noticed little white flakes

the everclear was eating away at the cooler a little

def good for the bacteria and your stomach ha
    Boom
  • Ladeback69
    Options

first time I decided to make PJ myself I bought a cheap cooler from walmart, poured a couple handles of everclear into it and then started chopping all the fruit on counter. after I was done with fruit I went to dump it into the cooler and noticed little white flakes

the everclear was eating away at the cooler a little

def good for the bacteria and your stomach ha
    Everclear is some wicked stuff.  Forgot about 6 hours time the last time I drank it and haven't had it ever since.  Now the good old stomach can handle a lot.  Found this on line so it has to be true, right?  =) 

The normal volume of the stomach fluid is 20 to 100 mL and the pH is acidic (1.5 to 3.5). These numbers are converted to actual acid production in units of milliequivalents per hour in some cases. Note: Normal value ranges may vary slightly depending on the lab doing the test.

Kansas City, Mo.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Just how many Tequila shots does it take?
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    I used this news report on FB to promote my RNNL8 BBQ Fundraiser this weekend....

SAVE YOUR BATHTUB, come out to the Ghent Bicentennial Celebration for a RNNL8 BBQ Pulled Pork Sammich !!!!

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• FarmerTom
    FarmerTom Posts: 685
    edited July 2016
    Options
    When reading stories like this, it becomes distressingly clear how many of our political leaders are able to get elected.   We've all made foolish/careless mistakes, but this is just plain stupid.  

Tommy 

Middle of Nowhere, Northern Kentucky
       1 M, 1 XL, a BlackStone,1 old Webber, a Border Collie, a German Shepherd and 3 of her pups, and 2 Yorkies

• bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,189
    Options
    I wouldn't be terribly surprised if the woman had heard of people cooking in the "hot tub" (sous vide) and took it literally. Sometimes slang gets folks in trouble.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,758
    Options
    at least there was a built in sprinkler system to put out the pit fires. =) most deck bbq's have no fire extinguishing systems
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it