Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dry Aged Ribeye Success!!

Cooked up a nice dry aged rib eye last night. It was aged 47 days, was 2in thick and weighed about 2lb. It was terrific! It is the second piece I've had off the loin, the first one was the end piece that I accidentaly over cooked because I didn't realize it would cook as fast as it did. This one turned out perfect, I could cut it with a butter knife, and the flavor was unbelievable!! The dried crust burst with flavor.

Sprinkled with salt and pepper, then indirect with one piece of cherry at 250-275 for about 45min, then seared both sides for about a minute. Also grilled some diced potatoes with onion and spices in tin foil, and made another of @rrp's Triple Chocolate Cakes. 

I never thought I would be able to cook a meal this good, let alone do it all on a grill! I wasn't much of a cook a year and a half ago when I got the grill but that is changing in large part because of the help received on the forum.

Thank You to all on the forum who post cooks and help new people broaden their horizons!!!

Comments