Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Michigan Eggheads - where are you?

Hi all you Michiganders,

Where in this great state are you located? I'm in Essexville which is by Bay Cty, home to the best fire works displaying the state.

I'm interested to see where everyone is located and if there is any interest in a Michigan Eggfest. 

Comments

• I live in Shangri-la, otherwise known as Flint.  There are a few eggheads in the Great Lakes State.  An Eggfest here would be awesome!  The trouble is finding a willing dealer.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Bustersdad
    Bustersdad Posts: 311
    I live about 20 miles south of @Fred19Flintstone
  • MeTed
    MeTed Posts: 800
    Sumpter township,which is a little southeast of Ann Arbor.
    Belleville, Michigan

Just burnin lump in Sumpter
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    I am in Grand Rapids MI.  My dealer has their own event called Grillapalooza.  They host it at their store.  I attended this year and it was a good time.  I would be very interested in attending an eggfest here in MI.  This may just be an unfounded feeling I have, but I don't think there are many good egg dealers in MI.  Pool supply stores and Ace hardware stores are all becoming dealers, but many of them don't know what they are selling - other than summer fun.

Herman's boy does a good job with their outdoor cooking department.  They teach outdoor cooking classes, host their grillapalooza, have fair pricing on their egg packages, they sell food made on their eggs, make their own rubs and spices, sell various woods for smoking, etc.

Does anyone know of a good dealer in MI not currently hosting an annual cooking event?

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Born in Detroit, grew up a Buckeye and live in Atlanta. BOOM!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • BUMP!  Michigan style.

Flint, Michigan
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    Fred, is that GIF from Flint?  West Michigan Roads are pristine!  

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • I have no idea where it's from, but I know it's not in Flint because the road is too smooth.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Meeeshigan22
    Meeeshigan22 Posts: 306
    Highland here, about 30 miles N of Ann Arbor. 

An Eggfest would be great, I am not aware of any local dealers up to the task however.
    Highland, MI

L BGE, Primo, and a KJ Jr
  • Hello to everyone from the East Lansing area. I have my own personal eggfest a few days a week and most weekends, but I'd be open to attending with others. :)
  • otter
    otter Posts: 340
    Grand Rapids, I bought my BGLG from Herman's Boy. Great Place.
    Pure Michigan
    Grand Rapids, Michigan  LBGE, SBGE
  • zeus26
    zeus26 Posts: 4
    I'm in Midland. I got my LBGE from McCoy's in Bay City. 
  • SmokyBear
    SmokyBear Posts: 389
    edited July 2016
    SE MI here..Bouliers is the BGE dealer in these parts that seems to be pretty decent.  Not sure if they have any events as they're 40'ish minutes from here and I only go there when I absolutely need something like replacement parts for the Mini..
    Mini BGE, KJ Classic - Black, Cookshack SM025, Weber Gasser (mostly for Kamado storage!)
  • shadowcaster
    shadowcaster Posts: 620
    I'm in Royal Oak. Had a pretty good dealer just up the road from me but they are no longer dealing with BGE. Once they sell what they have they are done.
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Mini BGE, Weber Smokey Mountain, Weber Performer.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
  • Born and raised in Flint for 36 yrs. Now Davison, soon to be a little further North and East.

• I grew up in Ann Arbor and currently live in Ypsilanti. We've got a great dealer-Downtown Home and Garden in A2. 
  • BigKize
    BigKize Posts: 24
    Clinton Township here. Around 20-25 miles of Detroit.
    (1) XL Egg   (1) Weber Charcoal Performer   (1) Old Square Charbroil Charcoal Grill   (1) Char-Griller Duo   (1) Weber Smokey Joe 1987 vintage from grandfather  (1) Empty Wallet

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,230
    JRWhitee said:
    Born in Columbus, grew up a Buckeye and live in Atlanta. BOOM!
    New Albany, Ohio 

• JRWhitee said:
    Born in Columbus, grew up a Buckeye and live in Atlanta. BOOM!
    I believe the thread is for MICHIGAN eggheads.  Feel free to start one for you *uckeyes.  BOOM!
    Flint, Michigan
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,230
    Call Harbaugh
    New Albany, Ohio 

• bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    edited July 2016
    I was just thru there Wednesday going west across US 2 and found it was washed away. As i wound thru the detours, my GPS had me go on another road. Here is as far as I could go.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    I live in Shangri-la, otherwise known as Flint.  There are a few eggheads in the Great Lakes State.  An Eggfest here would be awesome!  The trouble is finding a willing dealer.
    I was there Tuesday evening and stayed the night. In the morning, I went north and stopped at Tony's for breakfast. The omelets said they were 12 egg but for $8.75, I figured it was a name and not actual. I got the 3 meat. It was 12 eggs, a lb of each bacon, sausage and ham. I got over half way but couldn't finish. And also came with homemade bread. Their side of bacon is 1.25 lbs

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    edited July 2016
    Tony's is a restaurant experience.  I'm a big guy so I try to stay the heck away from there!  The food is pretty good, but the shear volume is their draw.  The last time I was there the guy at the next table couldn't stop saying,"Wow!"  

edit:  I'm glad you enjoyed it.  I hope you went to Bronner's while you were right there because that's an interesting place.

another edit:  Tony's make a sundae dessert with a whole gallon of ice cream.  Like I said, it's not a place I should frequent.
    Flint, Michigan
  • micheggin
    micheggin Posts: 39
    (rockford-grand rapids) i agree on hermans boy being the best in the area for green egg grills/eggcessories/rubs/spices/good advice.  grillapalooza is the best representation of an "eggfest" in the region.  hermans boy is passionate about the egg experience and all the "havemiers"(hermans kids and grandkids) own eggs and use them.  they are the real deal.  also best fresh roasted coffee, cinnamon rolls, cheeses, nuts, fudge, etc........and i agree on the comments about ace/bekins/etc. on the band wagon but with no passion or knowledge. 
  • bradleya123
    bradleya123 Posts: 464
    Tony's, isn't that where Jimmy had his last meal?
    Retired Navy, LBGE
    Pinehurst, NC

• Jimmy Hoffa was last seen at the Red Fox Restaurant (now gone) in West Bloomfield.  Or under one of the endzones at Meadowlands Stadium if you believe popular urban legends.
    Flint, Michigan
  • victor1
    victor1 Posts: 225
    escanaba...yea, the far side.
  • Bustersdad
    Bustersdad Posts: 311
    +1 on Tony's...good food, outrageous portions.  My 2 boys love it.
  • Danielson
    Danielson Posts: 54
    Live in beautiful Evart, bought my egg in Tennessee. 
  • Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
    edited July 2016

I live in Dimondale Michigan (Lansing on the map) and would love to see a Egg Fest in the mitten!

Chuck King

www.chuckkingcomedy.com

Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE