Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

chicken sandwich - mundane, but ever so good!

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,893
edited July 2016 in EggHead Forum

Last night I egged a couple large chicken breasts that I had pounded flat and then marinaded in Italian dressing for 6 hours. Then I coated with DP Tsunami Spin rub. Grilled direct on a raised grate at 375º for 15 minutes or so to 163º flipping once. Then I topped with slices of muenster and havarti cheese. Then onto a fresh croissant smeared with mayo and added some lettuce. Oh what a tasty sandwich fit for a pleasant Summer night's meal!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• EggNashville
    EggNashville Posts: 243
    Options
    Certainly looks delicious!
  • Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Options
    Some Dijon wouldn't hurt...still a good sandwich.
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • MeTed
    MeTed Posts: 800
    Options
    Nice,Thanks!
    Belleville, Michigan

Just burnin lump in Sumpter
  • clemsontyger97
    Options
    Nothing wrong with that at all.   I'd add a big slice of tomato, but still looks great!  :)
    --Because I'm like ice, buddy. When I don't like you, you've got problems.

KJ Classic
    28" Blackstone
    South Carolina native, adopted Texan, residing in Olive Branch, MS.  Go Tigers.
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Nice looking Sammie!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Borrow that recipe from Chick Fil A... ;)  Btw-looks great.
    Edit:  It is Friday...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Hate to break it to you, but anything on a fresh croissant is paradise! Great looking cook!
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    It was mundane until you put it on a croissant with mayo. Nicely done, Ron.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Come on Ron, you mean Dukes right? 

Looks good buddy!
  • yljkt
    yljkt Posts: 799
    Options
    That sandwich is mundane? Looks good from my house......
  • RRP
    Options

Looks good buddy!
    LOL - I was lazy last night and didn't bend clear over to the very bottom shelf of the frig where my Dukes seems to get moved...out of sight out of mind...I think Pat calls that mysterious migration of "my" mayo!  =)
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    RRP said:

Looks good buddy!
    LOL - I was lazy last night and didn't bend clear over to the very bottom shelf of the frig where my Dukes seems to get moved...out of sight out of mind...I think Pat calls that mysterious migration of "my" mayo!  =)
    WHAT!!!!!!   No Dukes????
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,053
    Options
    That is one deeeelicious lookin sammich!!  :flushed: Nice job @RRP!!
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Never much cared which mayo I used. Here, it's either Hellman's or Cain's. With all my visits to Mom's lately, I have become a Dukes fan. I have half a jar in the fridge and just got home from there with two 32 oz jars. That will last til my next trip south.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Simple done right
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Dukes- anything else isn't worth the effort. 

Ron- great looking cook
    Greensboro, NC
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Great looking sandwich Ron!!

Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,732
    Options
    Great looking sandwich!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @RRP
    Damn Ron, I didn't know that rich people could cook. I thought y'all had butlers and personal chefs for such ;)  
    On a serious note, great looking grub for sure. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• RRP
    Options
    SGH said:
    @RRP
    Damn Ron, I didn't know that rich people could cook. I thought y'all had butlers and personal chefs for such ;)  
    Rich people? Rich people don't go out in their back yard, grab a yardbird, ring its neck and then pluck it, slaughter it for the meat and then post pictures like I did! Rich? my butt! Next time you want me to kill a crow from the park? 
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    WOW !!!! That looks so good..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Looks like a killer Sammie to me Ron. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,053
    Options
    RRP said:
    SGH said:
    @RRP
    Rich people? Rich people don't go out in their back yard, grab a yardbird, ring its neck and then pluck it, slaughter it for the meat and then post pictures like I did! Rich? my butt! Next time you want me to kill a crow from the park? 
    Yes!  Make a crow-ssant !  Then we will believe you. ;)
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    RRP said:
    SGH said:
    @RRP
    Yes!  Make a crow-ssant !  Then we will believe you. ;)
    Tell him brother ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.