Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Good barbecue stores (Los Angeles, CA)

Options
Anyone have any recommendations for good barbecue stores in the Los Angeles, CA area?  Preferably the northern part of the city (near Pasadena, Glendale, Burbank, etc), but I'm willing to drive further for a good selection of rubs, sauces, etc.
Jeremiah  |  La Canada Flintridge, CA  |  XL BGE
"Life is about experiences...  And one of my absolute favorite experiences is FOOD!"

Comments

• McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    Options
    good luck man, we are very limited in SOCAL .... BBQ Galore is about your best bet ...... Whole Foods in my area has a new BBQ section that has some new items in it so you might want to try that.  Best bet is online @SoCalTim
    might have some hidden places of his own 

Hermosa Beach CA 
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    McStew said:
    good luck man, we are very limited in SOCAL .... BBQ Galore is about your best bet ...... Whole Foods in my area has a new BBQ section that has some new items in it so you might want to try that.  Best bet is online @SoCalTim
    might have some hidden places of his own 

Hey brother Pat, I've had no luck finding a 'go to' bbq store either ... thou there is a place in Anaheim where I get all my wood 'The Woodshed' that has a fine selection of rubs and sauces in stock - they also sell, in addition to BGE products, Eggs, Santa Maria Grills & everything Weber and have great BBQ classes a couple times a year. Tim
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • NERVOUS
    NERVOUS Posts: 104
    Options
    I was afraid this was the case.  I've been looking for quite a while now without much luck.  I'll try to make my way over to the store @SoCalTim recommended.  Thanks for the responses.
    "Life is about experiences...  And one of my absolute favorite experiences is FOOD!"
  • RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    Options
    Open your own store, perhaps there are others in the same position.  I bet you'd pay a premium to not drive so far.
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Slight hijack here..........Not a store, but have enjoyed some good BBQ at Barrel & Ashes on Ventura Blvd. http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1197244/barrelandashes.com

Not sure you have ever eaten there.....bit if you do make sure you try their Ho cakes. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Slight hijack here..........Not a store, but have enjoyed some good BBQ at Barrel & Ashes on Ventura Blvd. http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1197244/barrelandashes.com

Not sure you have ever eaten there.....bit if you do make sure you try their Ho cakes. 
    Ho cakes sounds like something you would find on Hollywood Blvd! Is it Friday yet?

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Wylecyot
    Wylecyot Posts: 203
    Options
    Outdoor Kitchen Creation in Upland is small, but they are authorized dealers of BGE, Dizzy Pig and John Henry's rubs.  I believe they are the only store in So Cal that sells Dizzy Pig.  Outdoor Kitchen Creation are also the host of the So Cal EggFest.   Great family too!  
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Kamado Joe Jr, 36" Blackstone Griddle Blackstone Tailgater and Roccbox owner/operator from Los Angeles
  • Wylecyot
    Wylecyot Posts: 203
    Options
    Take a look at Fishbecks in Pasadena as well.  I don't know anything about them, but a buddy of mine purchased a nice steel table for his LBGE from Fishbecks.
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Kamado Joe Jr, 36" Blackstone Griddle Blackstone Tailgater and Roccbox owner/operator from Los Angeles
  • Judy Mayberry
    Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Barbeques Galore has LOTS of rubs and wood chunks. I got Yardbird rub for chicken there and it is delish!
    Judy in San Diego
  • bgeaddikt
    bgeaddikt Posts: 503
    Options
    Grew up in So-Cal. What a difference living now in Texas. Too much to choose from sometimes gets me in trouble.
    Austin, Tx
  • NERVOUS
    NERVOUS Posts: 104
    Options
    Wylecyot said:
    Take a look at Fishbecks in Pasadena as well.  I don't know anything about them, but a buddy of mine purchased a nice steel table for his LBGE from Fishbecks.
    I bought my BGE from Fishbecks...  Was not impressed with their selection of rubs and sauces.  I'd estimate ~50% of the stuff they had was expired.

Barbeques Galore has LOTS of rubs and wood chunks. I got Yardbird rub for chicken there and it is delish!
    I will try to find one nearby...  Thanks.

bgeaddikt said:
    Grew up in So-Cal. What a difference living now in Texas. Too much to choose from sometimes gets me in trouble.
    I was born and raised in SoCal, but lived in TX for ~3 years.  The weather in SoCal can't be beat, but I was meant to be born a Texan.