Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

You guys are a good bunch

Options
2»

Comments

• Angela
    Angela Posts: 543
    Options
    This forum is also full of skilled enablers regarding accessories. 
    Egging on two larges + 36" Blackstone griddle
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    dancing friends bromance

These guys are as tight knit as this spandex.  
    Matt.....I see that all that dancing has led to your shedding a few lbs. Way to go man....proud of ya. Even wearing Duke colors now. 
    I think Matt meant to post this on the OT-Tranny post.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @GrateEggspectations
    I have to agree, this is a great place indeed. Of all the forums that I have visited or belonged to, this one is by far and large my favorite. It's one of a very few places that you can get advice or answers on just about any subject. 
    On top of that, there is some pretty cool folks here as well that it's just entertaining to socialize with. 
    Also what I find intriguing is the difference in backgrounds. Yet for the most part we all get along and help each other out, Sure we have our occasional disagreements or spats, but it usually ends well. 
    When I joined this forum I honestly did not plan on hanging around very long. My intent was simply to share a few tips and offer a little advice when and where I could and then move on. But I took a real liking to several people very quickly. Thus I have stayed. I can honestly say that it has been both a honor and a privilege to be a small part of this group. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    SGH said:
    @GrateEggspectations
    I have to agree, this is a great place indeed. Of all the forums that I have visited or belonged to, this one is by far and large my favorite. It's one of a very few places that you can get advice or answers on just about any subject. 
    On top of that, there is some pretty cool folks here as well that it's just entertaining to socialize with. 
    Also what I find intriguing is the difference in backgrounds. Yet for the most part we all get along and help each other out, Sure we have our occasional disagreements or spats, but it usually ends well. 
    When I joined this forum I honestly did not plan on hanging around very long. My intent was simply to share a few tips and offer a little advice when and where I could and then move on. But I took a real liking to several people very quickly. Thus I have stayed. I can honestly say that it has been both a honor and a privilege to be a small part of this group. 

Couldn't agree more Mr. 20,000 posts.... :o

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Cookbook_Chip
    Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
    Options
    Agree!  Facebook and all is so freaking negative. I love coming here and getting all happy about yummies and good buddies. 
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    And then there's our favorite Cajun Lib Curmudgeon Braniac Mensa Member @nolaegghead =)
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Cookbook_Chip
    Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
    Options
    And then there's our favorite Cajun Lib Curmudgeon Braniac Mensa Member @nolaegghead =)
    Even those snarky comments are great!
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,570
    Options
    And did you see the offer @nolaegghead made to @Foghorn for his vacation !!! That is off the charts... A truly great bunch of folks on this forum...
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    And did you see the offer @nolaegghead made to @Foghorn for his vacation !!! That is off the charts... A truly great bunch of folks on this forum...
    That's until @Foghorn actually gets to @nolaegghead's place, at which point nola turns off all the lights and pretends nobody's home.  :D
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    That's until @Foghorn actually gets to @nolaegghead's place, at which point nola turns off all the lights and pretends nobody's home.  :D
    Yeah, it does seem a little too good to be true - unless you've actually paid attention to who he is and what he does.  Probably 90% of his posts here are just him helping people - helping them understand the thermodynamics of cooler and cookers - or the process of charcuterie - or whatever.  And he's met me and my son a couple of times, one of which was not egg related so we're not complete internet strangers. 

Don't get me wrong.  It's the most generous thing anybody has ever offered me.  But that's who he is.  And to be honest, it is the sort of act that my mom and her family would commit.  Once you were her friend (really acquaintance), anything she had was available to you.

The world needs more people like @nolaegghead and my mom.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Yeah, it does seem a little too good to be true - unless you've actually paid attention to who he is and what he does.  Probably 90% of his posts here are just him helping people - helping them understand the thermodynamics of cooler and cookers - or the process of charcuterie - or whatever.  And he's met me and my son a couple of times, one of which was not egg related so we're not complete internet strangers. 

Don't get me wrong.  It's the most generous thing anybody has ever offered me.  But that's who he is.  And to be honest, it is the sort of act that my mom and her family would commit.  Once you were her friend (really acquaintance), anything she had was available to you.

I hear he even lets forum peeps sleep on his couch and in his (guest)bed.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    DMW said:
    Foghorn said:

I hear he even lets forum peeps sleep on his couch and in his (guest)bed.
    Yeah.  He basically has no standards whatsoever.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Foghorn said:

Eminently cool. Just spent a weekend at the cottage of someone like this. This was our second time meeting her and she was encouraging us to come and use the cottage anytime we wanted - even when she wasn't there. "The neighbours have keys. Just ask them to let you in and tell them you're a friend of mine." The world does need more folks like this and the rest of us are lucky to learn from them,
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    I concur. I prefer communing with the gentle souls here to even Sunday services. 

I would advise you though to avoid @zippylip and @Little Steven. Both are fraudulent accounts designed to ensnare, and run by hateful, spiteful, judgmental, irreligious, miniature, angry old men. Both owe many people here not merely vast sums of money, but lost time. 

Especially painful is their tendency to befriend naïve hopeful loving god-fearing types, and then to take them to remote cabins under false pretense, introduce them to mind altering substances, to ply them with spicy ethnic food on prison trays, violate them repeatedly, do unspeakable things to them, and then not even return the numerous phone calls or furtive longing texts, or even the hand made gifts sent to them on their birthdays, or on the very anniversaries of those episodes of debauchery (sometimes requiring the extreme expense of overnight Sunday signature-required delivery) . Hypothetically. 

Rapacious, sinful, pansexual, and unthankful, is what they are

That’s quite an indictment & while accurate if not conservative as to steven I’ve repeatedly explained I was just as much a victim as you.  It may not have appeared that way as he’s really good at the mind games & deception, he’s an evil little genius, really little

happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Darby_Crenshaw Posts: 2,657
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Zippylip said:
    I concur. I prefer communing with the gentle souls here to even Sunday services. 

I would advise you though to avoid @zippylip and @Little Steven. Both are fraudulent accounts designed to ensnare, and run by hateful, spiteful, judgmental, irreligious, miniature, angry old men. Both owe many people here not merely vast sums of money, but lost time. 

Especially painful is their tendency to befriend naïve hopeful loving god-fearing types, and then to take them to remote cabins under false pretense, introduce them to mind altering substances, to ply them with spicy ethnic food on prison trays, violate them repeatedly, do unspeakable things to them, and then not even return the numerous phone calls or furtive longing texts, or even the hand made gifts sent to them on their birthdays, or on the very anniversaries of those episodes of debauchery (sometimes requiring the extreme expense of overnight Sunday signature-required delivery) . Hypothetically. 

That’s quite an indictment & while accurate if not conservative as to steven I’ve repeatedly explained I was just as much a victim as you.  It may not have appeared that way as he’s really good at the mind games & deception, he’s an evil little genius, really little

If you call yourself a 'victim' simply because steven made you run the camera on a tripod for one hour out of twelve, then so be it. But 'victims' don't giggle and photograph themselves in compromising positions and then the next morning get up early and run to get flowers for the breakfast table leaving the REAL victim still loosely tied by vintage feather boas to rusty victorian bedframes. 

I'm never going to go fishing with you people again. 

I mean. Unless steven pays for the boat again
    Then i'd consider it

[social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    Zippylip said:

leaving the REAL victim still loosely tied by vintage feather boas to rusty victorian bedframes.

holy crap you remember that?  I guess the sedative was too mild after all
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    It was a placebo. 

Merely for plausible deniability's sake. 

[social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    And I thought I'd been away long enough to be forgotten 

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    And I thought I'd been away long enough to be forgotten 
    glad to have you back.  zippy has been bad-mouthing you while you were gone. 

thought you should know.

• EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Options
    This topic is getting all 'Sammy Maudlin'  :)
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    Well, this thread certainly went South pretty quickly. 
    Being from the South....I prefer to say it went North !!!  Just kiddin !!!!

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• Little Steven
    edited July 2016
    Options
    dldawes1 said:
    Don't be gettin' on Canada now son

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    dldawes1 said:
    You floppy headed guys are such nationalists.
    Options
    dldawes1 said:
    no one thinks of canada when they say 'north'.  even when they say 'North America' they ain't includin' Canada.

• Little Steven
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Canadian lives matter ****. Can't say **** anymore on here. Guess I'll have to call you a beotch. You were always my **** though. Guess you can say swear words in an edit 

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Just thought I'd throw in another example of the kindness I've encountered on this forum....

Having seen my recent post asking about table nests or Egg feet for sale, another member just found one for sale in their area and offered to pick it up and ship it across the country for me.

Again, a very good bunch!