Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

My Egg was so hot it was sweating

ChipperChipper Posts: 35
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was going through BGE Forum withdrawals as well. First my ISP had problems and then the forum itself. Thanks W.M.K. for getting it cleared up.
Anyway, Christmas eve dinner was London broil and grilled shrimp. The LB was marinaded for 24 hrs. in Mike's Dad's marinade (off GFW's site) and then at 750° for 3/3/7. The shrimp was devided in two batches. One marinaded in Italian dressing and the other in lemon juice and spinkled w/ lemon pepper. Soaked for about three hours and skewered and grilled at 400° for a couple of minute per side after LB was off. The LB was rare and very tasty. The Italian shrimp was wonderful, but the lemon pepper shrimp soaked up to much lemon juice.
This was my first time w/ a temp of over 500°. I started the fire this time using the Tim's starter cube under the trivet trick. After the dome temp hit about 600°, I noticed that the outside of the dome was beading up with water droplets. From about 700° and up the water was dripping off. My Egg looked like I used to when I played basketball. Is this a common occurance with high temp cooks, or should I be concerned?

Comments