Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looking at buying my first egg

Options
2»

Comments

• Rnielsen13
    Options
    @THEBuckeye Ha I think I'm pretty sold on the LGBE...I'm just deciding on when to buy it. No time like the present? I'm already thinking about table designs. I might do one of the Scott Moore tables I've seen on here. I don't have a ton of space so I don't want to build anything extravagant. Any idea how much a Scott Moore table (or something similar) would set me back? 
  • BizGreenEgg
    BizGreenEgg Posts: 301
    edited July 2016
    Options
    At the risk of being disassociated with the forum, I'll also throw out the option of a KJ roadshow at Costco if cost is going to really be a challenge.  It's a great deal to get you started with a good cooker and all the accessories you will need for quite some time.  The color may be off, but this is only your first egg, not your last.
    Large BGE & mini stepchild & a KJ Jr.
    The damp PNW 
  • Miked125
    Miked125 Posts: 481
    Options
    The only time I use gas is when I start my charcoal... Wait I use my gas bbq all the time for storage! Does this count as using gas?
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    @THEBuckeye Ha I think I'm pretty sold on the LGBE...I'm just deciding on when to buy it. No time like the present? I'm already thinking about table designs. I might do one of the Scott Moore tables I've seen on here. I don't have a ton of space so I don't want to build anything extravagant. Any idea how much a Scott Moore table (or something similar) would set me back? 
    Sorry, no. I'm a Nest guy. I do know commerical Egg tables can run from $600 to over 2,500 or more. If you're handy and have tools and time, I'm sure you could build one for much less. 

In the meantime, don't think about it, be about it! 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Brimo
    Brimo Posts: 53
    Options
    As far as accessories, I would skip the platesetter and buy an adjustable rig & pizza stone from the Ceramic Grill Store. More dollars but add a lot of versatilty that you will enjoy for years.  Lots of quality accessories at the CG Store.  I would suggest you spend the next few weeks building your table so it and your Egg are ready to meet at the new place.
  • tonyled
    tonyled Posts: 536
    Options
    wait til you have some time in the saddle before you go buying accessories and/or a table.  you will find that what suits others may not work for you and vice versa.  reading this forum (and others) would suggest you need one of everything 
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    I bought my first egg 10 years ago and to this day it is still the best move I made. My lonely $600 Weber sits in the corner, it is nice for keeping foiled food warm when we have parties though. If you grill 3 plus nights a week I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • ibanda
    ibanda Posts: 553
    Options
    7 years after buying my egg I think it is some of the best money I ever spent and I still get great satisfaction using it. If you are the type that will miss cooking on charcoal for a month, I highly recommend getting one. I do use a weed burner to get my egg going fast, and I get a kick out of using my flamethrower!

I am hosting a barbecue next week for 22 people and cooking a packer brisket on a large, works out just fine. 
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.