Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Have the Yeti, Have the RTIC, now trying the Ozark

billt01
billt01 Posts: 1,523
Have:
 XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
Had:
LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
Ola, Ga

Comments

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,723
    I have all 3. I can't tell any difference in the 3. All the tops are interchangeable and my handles fit all 3 just fine.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    I got 2-30 oz ones a t Sam's for around $16 and they both do well.  
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited July 2016
    I have all three too!  More confirmation that Yeti didn't have some breakthrough invention here...they just slapped their name on an existing product and got us to pay good money for it!  
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    edited July 2016

Yesterday I got into my truck and my RTIC 30oz was so hot I couldn't pick it up.  I wrapped a rag around so I could pick it up, and the water inside was still cold.  

Sorry for the thread hijack.  Just thought it was interesting.

Phoenix 
  • dougcrann
    dougcrann Posts: 1,129
    Wife has a 20oz Yeti, she got me a 30oz RTIC. Not exactly impressed with mine. Left it on the table few nights ago. Had very little liquid in it, was about half full of ice. 6 hours later...liquid. Need to fill it with clean ice and leave it out...
  • CSH
    CSH Posts: 11
    I'm kinda cheap, so I only have the 30oz tumblers from Sam's and the 20oz from Wal-Mart. Both perform well. Actually, Yeti should be congratulated for their marketing acumen for taking Thermos' old-time vacuum insulation techniques and updating with a big price increase!
    BGE XL, Visions Grill, Multiple Webers, ABS Pit Boss
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    I bought 10 of the 20oz Ozarks yesterday

I am totally happy with them, especially since I could have only bought 2 1/2 of the Yeti 20oz for the same price
    Boom
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,110
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • fletcherfam
    fletcherfam Posts: 935
    Glad I waited to pick one up, just saved myself a bit of coin.
  • cssmd27
    cssmd27 Posts: 345
    xfire_ATX said:
    Solid little experiment that very much illustrates what we all need to know - they are all basically the same in terms of performance.

I can't tell any difference between my Yeti and RTIC.
    Dallas (University Park), Texas
  • tgs2401
    tgs2401 Posts: 423
    I have two of the Ozark 30 ounce. They were $9.74 each and I have no complaints.  Holds ice all day and night.

One large BGE in Louisville, KY.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Am I the only one getting a kick out of all these hybrid cooler and drink glass comparison ice tests?  WGAFRA.

Go out and use the damn things.  Some people have entirely too much time on their hands.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    I have the Ozark 20 and I like it.  Keeps the drink very cold.

I dont have a Yeti cup but my wife surprised me with a Colster - I love that - keeps the beer ice cold.

Garnerville, NY
  • DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    I've got the 20 Yeti and two 30 Ozark's....  No difference in the two manufacturers in my opinion.  I've started playing with painting one and plasti-dip spraying the other since I won't feel too bad if I ruined a $15 cup over a $40+ one.....

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• oldmandawg
    oldmandawg Posts: 83
    I have the 30oz. RTIC. Put ice in it first thing in the morning and still have ice    bedtime.
  • newby84
    newby84 Posts: 133
    edited July 2016
  • odie91
    odie91 Posts: 541
    I have all three brands. The gasket on the Ozark rolls out of the groove when I put the lid on, so I can't close the lid. My yeti and rtic have better tolerances