Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Paying Respects for the Fallen Dallas Police Officers.

Options
13»

Comments

• StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,746
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Pepe Le Pew said:
     Having a vision of love and equality for all God's people should not make me a troll unless I'm on a KKK website.  Am I?.
    I have an issue with your singling out "God's people". There are plenty that would not appreciate being labeled that way.
    Stillwater, MN
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options

KennyLee said:

Thanks again, Fred, for your thoughtful post about our local LEO who got ambushed and gunned down by a racist maniac and whose families are left without a spouse/father/son/brother.  Kind of thought that's what this thread was about when you posted.

Maybe if some others have some type of political grievance, this ain't the place to spout it.  Perhaps start another thread. 

Agreed, and well said. I wish I had read this earlier. Thanks for reminder.
    Stillwater, MN
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Affirmative Action has not been successful enough due to the racist mentality of the whites.
    Pepe Le Pew said:  We can trace all of our problems to the "white privilege" that we enjoy at the expense of people of color. 

Wow.  Are you trolling?  You cannot be serious.

I have never called a forum member out before, but you are way out of line on these statements.  

Phoenix 
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options

@bhedges1987 Having a vision of love and equality for all God's people should not make me a troll unless I'm on a KKK website.  Am I?.
    I have an issue with your singling out "God's people". There are plenty that would not appreciate being labeled that way.
    :( You left out @Pepe Le Pew  said - so it makes it look like I said that, which it wasn't me.

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• StillH2OEgger
    Options
    My bad. Hope it is correctly attributed now. Really sorry bout that.
    Stillwater, MN
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I have not been around the forum much this weekend. Just a tragedy for all involved.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • yljkt
    yljkt Posts: 799
    Options
    @bhedges1987 Having a vision of love and equality for all God's people should not make me a troll unless I'm on a KKK website.  Am I?.
    You said there needs to be priority employment and equality. 

Those two don't go together. 

You used an athletic example before, so I will use one also.  It's called leveling the playing field.  By enhanced priority employment, blacks will reach parity with whites and Asians.
    Not sure what your doing this weekend, but I'm building an Idiot from scratch and it would be a huge help if you could stop by and model for it. 
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Darby_Crenshaw Posts: 2,657
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    aaah.  which would explain why a longtime otherwise 'lurker' (pepe lepew's last involvement here was 2014 ) suddenly weighs in at length re guns and Obama, and drags me into his diatribe.  keepin tabs on my 'likes' is pretty sad as a hobby.

[social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    Hello folks,

I have received emails from two friends of mine on the forum referencing this thread and one from Oct. 2014.  In the latter one, Pepe Le Pew stated he was Village Idiot, which is not the case.  I would have let that pass, except he said some things historically that are particularly distasteful to me and I don't want friends to think it was actually me.

I have not participated in this forum for over a year, save one post in March when I was asked what heat source I prefer for stir frying.  Fact is, I have lost interest, for the most part, in BGE cooking and cooking in general.  I do use the Egg from time to time, but mostly to just burn a steak or two.  As it relates to food, I do like canning, organic gardening, and raising my chickens for eggs.

Reviewing this thread was somewhat amusing to me because my political views are about as far away from Pepe's as possible (ask Mickey).  I am a Libertarian to the bone and an avid supporter of Gary Johnson for president.  But, I never get involved with political debates because they never change anybody's mind.

I wish you all well, and I do lurk from time to time to see what you good people are up to.

Cheers.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,760
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I don't think the intent of the BLM movement was to suggest that only black lives matter.  Otherwise it would be OBLM.

Black Lives Matter Co-Founder: ‘All Lives Matter’ a Racial Slur, ‘White Folks Gotta Give Up Something’

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/02/23/black-lives-matter-co-founder-all-lives-matter-a-racial-slur/

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian