Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Waiting for a nasty storm to pass so I can get onto yet another OBS roof for a walk-in cooler. Hopefully it passes soon as this has been a crazy long day. 

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Just got back from a walk. Passed a young skunk, it started to raise it's tail, I ran. I didn't get sprayed.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Just shed a tearful goodbye to my medium.  Both eggs sold the first day they were listed, and so did all the accessories.  Now I'm egg-less for a couple of weeks.  

Hopefully I don't lose my forum privileges.

Phoenix 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    blasting said:

Just shed a tearful goodbye to my medium.  Both eggs sold the first day they were listed, and so did all the accessories.  Now I'm egg-less for a couple of weeks.  

Hopefully I don't lose my forum privileges.

But do you love your eggs? 
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    @blasting -  sounds like there is a near-term future plan. Best wishes.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • blasting
    Options

I didn't mean to be cryptic.  I'm upgrading to a Large with warranty while on my roadtrip through the south.

Phoenix 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    They were out of the 15, but not the 20.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    They were out of the 15, but not the 20.
    For those prices I hope you get the whole bottle of Pappy.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Watching netflix and drinking 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Was hoping to watch Shameless season 6, after ordered Showtime Anytime I learned they pulled it till August 21st.  Uugghhh.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    I had a nice lazy, slightly chubby Jack Russel Terrier.  Our vet said she was to "square " and she needed a diet.

Now I have a proper looking JRT, but she is driving me nuts with all of her energy.  Its like she is a puppy all over again!  I think its time to fatten her up again.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Just finished brunch. Nothing says Summer to me like Peach pancakes. I also included some of my home made bacon. 

Hail yeah!
    That looks amazing.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Picked up a couple bags of KJ lump at the Costco Road show
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • blasting
    Options

@NC_Egghead  Looking good.  Peach pancakes are my fav pancakes.  You got me on the homemade bacon - nailed it.

Phoenix 
  • NC_Egghead
    NC_Egghead Posts: 786
    Options
    Thanks @Focker and @blasting! The HMB definitely kicks it up a notch. Actually, it kicks everything up a notch! Might have to round out the day with some Son of a Peach beers with extra peaches cut up in it. 
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    I packed the tent up last night 20 minutes before the storm rolled in. I didn't feel like fighting the 70mph winds and hail so I stayed in the family friends lake house. I would have woke up with this 2 feet from my wife's and I head.

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • NC_Egghead
    NC_Egghead Posts: 786
    Options
    Yikes! Talk about a widow-maker!
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    @WeberWho wow!  Glad you didn't wind up smooshed.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    Close call, @WeberWho !
    I'm trying to find where I can buy Scary Clown Bologna:

... and why are they mixing English and metric units?!?  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options

Enjoying the last bit of freedom before the mouths to feed get home.
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    Eating General Tso Chicken Lollipops. 

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Those look like winners @Dyal_SC :s
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    They're actually chicken legs @theyolksonyou , so they would've been illegal for the wing ding throwdown. ;)  
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    Thanks guys. I was watching the radar on the phone and they were talking half dollar hail and 70mph winds. I kept the tent up until the last 20 minutes. It looked like we were going to get the outside edge of the storm but shifted and the town got the grunt of it. It could have been bad if we stuck it out in the tent. We didn't even hear it drop. (We also had 20+ people drinking in the cabin so it wasn't exactly quite) The tree pretty much dropped straight down. Quite the surprise when going out this morning and seeing the tree and where are tent was originally setup. Neighbors roof was mangled up in a few spots. Any major hail stayed away. Cars were happy.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    @WeberWho - great call to make the move for all the right reasons.  You may want to consider buying a lottery ticket as that was too close.  Don't know how many "do-overs" we get on the planet but I think you expended one last night. But walking away means you get another chance.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    No way would I back away from that. Hell, I might try to push you out of the way to get to it first!  
    I know I would lose, but I would still try....
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    They're actually chicken legs @theyolksonyou , so they would've been illegal for the wing ding throwdown. ;)  

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow