Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another Kamado Style grill.

Options

Fight like a man so you don't die like a dog

- Calico Jack Rackham

1,000 watt Sharp - 1.1 Cu. Ft. Mid-Size Microwave and one sweet steakager (retail 229$) 

Scruffy City a.k.a. Knoxville, TN.

Comments

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Looks like a rebranded Vision grill, sittting on a dept store clothes rack. But hey it can be yours for $1200!!! bahahahaha
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    shoppers choice is another entity to bbqguys in Louisiana.  they have branded a gas grill and looking to come out with their own metal style Kamado.  

t

www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,760
    Options
    I picked up a like new vision on CL. Was worth the CL price, but I'd never recommend one after using it a few times....it was cheap and great for back up....side by side performance , no comparison 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,171
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    I picked up a like new vision on CL. Was worth the CL price, but I'd never recommend one after using it a few times....it was cheap and great for back up....side by side performance , no comparison 

I have an egg an a Vision. Food comes out just the same, performance is just the same. Yeah, no comparison, Vision was $500 less. I like them both equally.
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Looks like a rebranded Vision grill, sittting on a dept store clothes rack. But hey it can be yours for $1200!!! bahahahaha

But it has a "Diamond laser cut signature cooking grate "

That has to worth something.
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    The pit boss at Costco 24" for $600 best deal 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • bigbadben
    bigbadben Posts: 397
    Options
    Hans61 said:
    Costco is clearing it out for $399.99
  • FearlessTheEggNoob
    Options
    At least Vision designed theirs with captive bands.
    Gittin' there...
  • clifkincaid
    clifkincaid Posts: 572
    edited July 2016
    Options
    bigbadben said:
    Hans61 said:
    Costco is clearing it out for $399.99
    My buddy just bought one. I went over on the 4th to do the break in with him. I don't care for the lower vent door. He ordered some felt gasket to stick on the back side of the sliding door, also has to bend it so it's the same shape as the pit boss it self NOT STRAIGHT. And putting some around the top vent. I think once he gets these on today it will hold much better and snuff faster. The top vent cap definitely has more exposed holes than the DFMT does. Stock out of the box...to hold 250....bottom closed all the way and top open about the width of paper. Lid weighs a ton and the metal spring piece to help incase you drop the lid makes contact to late. All in all it will be a great addition to his Traeger and masterbuilt smokers.
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    I have 2 eggs and bought a medium vision for 199 bucks at sams. The only thing I dont like about the vision is the cap but other than that they seem to cook the same. 

Little Rock, AR

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    Options
    At least Vision designed theirs with captive bands.
    I've never understood why BGE/KJ/Primo have not done the same.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk