Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

When chemo looks to be failing- GO TO THAT HAPPY PLACE AND FARKIN COOK (pic heavey)

Options
2»

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,890
    edited July 2016
    Options
    RRP said:
    Keep up the strong, positive attitude! I know when I was fighting C myself I needed to do exactly the same. I hope some day to read that you have joined us in having beaten it.
    Sorry @Big_Mike that you had to be such a dip sh*t to disagree with my well wishes for him to get better and beat cancer. And BTW - I know you are a hit and run troll who has learned how to hit this forum and then leave no trace behind other than the negative ratings you slam on people. 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    After having to eat a $hit sandwich (cancer and chemo) I can't think of a better meal to come back strong with. Stay positive and keep rocking some good eats in your beautiful place. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • cheeaa
    cheeaa Posts: 364
    Options
    Dude you're a badass. Beat that **** and keep the cooks coming. 

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    What a gorgeous spot and beautiful attitude. God bless you. Prayers for you and your family. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    Hey brother, sending positive thoughts your way. Your an inspiration
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Great positive attitude and a fabulous looking meal.  Prayers & Positive vibes sent your way. Oh yeah....**** You Cancer!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Sweet100s
    Sweet100s Posts: 553
    Options
    You live well.  
    What he said.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    The most courageous are chosen for the most critical battles. You would be the one I would choose to stand with in any war. This fight is far from over. Your attitude and will must remain positive and powerful. You will win.
    Enjoy your day. Keep moving forward. 
    Beautiful home, a wonderful meal. 
    @sonny3 We will see you at the top.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Big_Mike
    Big_Mike Posts: 1
    Options
    @RRP that must have been a bad mouse click...would never disagree with well wishes.  Thanks for calling me out.
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    Sonny3 ...you de man brother...beautiful setup for your happy place. 

Will be praying for you my friend.

I had Stage 4 throat cancer in 2013....had to go through 4 hard chemo treatments and 36 radiation....killed it all out, but certainly wasn't a happy time. 

So afterward...my wife said "Have you ever heard of the Big Green Egg smoker?".  I never had....so as a happy celebration of beating cancer, I went and bought one for Christmas, and life has never been more fulfilling and has never had more "happy places" as it does now !!!

You'll be alright !  Hang in there !

Donnie

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    Options
    Wow, what a setup and great cook.  I'd never go in the house. Prayers are with you.
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
  • Sonny3
    Sonny3 Posts: 455
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind remarks and support.  This is one helluva place for support not only in cooking and knowledge, but also for just the true humanity that shows itself everyday.

You folks are the best and I appreciate being here among you,

Sonny
    Titusville, Fl. and just bought XL and Med BGE.  "Every Day is A Bonus" in my world, and my job is to choke the life out of them. Cancer Sucks.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @Sonny3 You have my respect sir on many levels. Great cook. Great place - it's beautiful. Stay strong and continue to live life fully each day. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • calracefan
    calracefan Posts: 606
    Options
    Just a bump in the road, you got this beat ! Awesome happy spot !
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
  • mikeinccfl
    mikeinccfl Posts: 119
    Options
    A beautiful eggCentral!

Your thought reminded me of a quote I'd heard so I googled it, hopefully this is accurate:

Optimist: Someone who figures that taking a step backward after taking a step forward is not a disaster, it's a cha-cha.

Robert Brault

Wishing you best luck!

L BGE, XL appetite
    Cape Coral, FL
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Hang in there brother and enjoy that great Titusville set up you have.  You are in our thoughts and prayers!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95