Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Paying Respects for the Fallen Dallas Police Officers.

Options
This whole situation is so sad.  Here are their brother officers saluting.  God bless those that paid the ultimate price!

Flint, Michigan

Comments

• jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Prayers for all the people affected by these senseless acts, carried out in the name of religion, race or ideology. In the end they are mentally unstable people. Too bad we can't figure out a way to combat this poison that tears apart our society. I don't have the answers, wish someone did. 
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • Bustersdad
    Bustersdad Posts: 311
    Options
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Hans61 said:
    All lives matter

Did you see the clip of the dozen young men who stood in the officers face, grabbed their crotches, taunting the officers over the death of their comrades?  I am blown away at the restraint those grieving officers showed.  

The lives of those low life scum don't matter (to me), but all other lives, and all colors matter.

RIP to the 5 that were murdered.

Phoenix 
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    blasting said:
    Hans61 said:
    All lives matter

Did you see the clip of the dozen young men who stood in the officers face, grabbed their crotches, taunting the officers over the death of their comrades?  I am blown away at the restraint those grieving officers showed.  

The lives of those low life scum don't matter (to me), but all other lives, and all colors matter.

RIP to the 5 that were murdered.

My comment was in reference to the "black lives matter" movement, I think all lives matter. 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Hans61
    Options
    @blasting I didn't see the clip but that disgusts me.
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited July 2016
    Options
    blasting said:
    Hans61 said:
    All lives matter

Did you see the clip of the dozen young men who stood in the officers face, grabbed their crotches, taunting the officers . . .

It is interesting which images stick with people. :s
    Very interesting.

I remember the clip of the mother - a bystander - who proclaimed that she and her two children would be at the funerals of the fallen Officers
    because they were there for her and her kids 
    and therefore she would be there for them. :|

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,361
    Options
    More protests tonight around the country, hopefully violence doesn't erupt again. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • Hans61
    Options
    blasting said:
    Hans61 said:
    All lives matter

Did you see the clip of the dozen young men who stood in the officers face, grabbed their crotches, taunting the officers . . .

It is interesting which images stick with people. :s

I remember the clip of the mother - a bystander - who proclaimed that she and her two children would be at the funerals of the fallen Officers
    because they were there for her and her kids and therefore she would be there for them. :|

Agreed. The whole thing is terrible, against all gun violence here.
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • jabam
    Options
    All lives matter! The problem is those with an agenda don't see that. And you get punks who use race and religion to justify their actions. I include ISIS, the Taliban, skinheads, anyone who kills in the name of BLM, anti abortionists who blow up abortion clinics and the list goes on!! It's getting to the point where we as citizens need to be vigilant and speak up if we suspect someone or some group capable of these atrocities. Don't turn a blind eye, because it doesn't concern you. Get involved!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    jabam said:
    All lives matter! The problem is those with an agenda don't see that. And you get punks who use race and religion to justify their actions.
    Good thing we don't have a presidential candidate that thinks like that!
    Options
    I'll agree with that.
    Options
    jabam said:
    Too bad we don't have a presidential candidate, worthy of being president. 
    I always thought that was pretty much the norm.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• jabam
    Options
    I can't think of a past presidential election, where there were two candidates, that were totally incompetent as these two. 
  • jabam
    Options
    Gary Johnson is looking better and better in my book. But I'm guessing he doesn't have a clue either. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    jabam said:
    Too bad Gary Johnson didn't get more airtime. 
  • clintmiller
    clintmiller Posts: 147
    Options
    There's a word for someone who puts his life on the line to protect others... Hero
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Thoughts and prayers go to those in Dallas. Interesting that on a radio talk show here a day or so ago while discussing the last couple of shootings the commentator expressed the fear that someone would start to target police officers. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • DonWW
    DonWW Posts: 424
    Options
    I live in Dallas and I can tell you that the entire city remains in shock.  A wonderful, multi-faith service was held outside yesterday with a tremendous turnout of citizens.  Lots of talk about love, healing, moving forward, etc.  The primary issue remains: how do you operationalize this?  What is the effective mechanism whereby the barrier of mistrust and prejudice is dissolved?  And replaced with a sentiment of systemic respect and trust.  Especially when it is a situation involving peace officers and people of color. 
    XL and Medium.  Dallas, Texas.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited July 2016
    Options
    It's a shame that it takes a 9/11 type event to make everyone realize we are all Americans (despite the divisive nature of our government and media) . 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    jabam said:
    Sorta OT, but will Mr. Johnson be included in the remaining debates?  He really, really needs to be.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    Botch said:
    jabam said:
    Sorta OT, but will Mr. Johnson be included in the remaining debates?  He really, really needs to be.  
    He should be but I doubt it. The media perpetuates the two party system. 
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Botch said:
    jabam said:
    He should be but I doubt it. The media perpetuates the two party system. 
    The media has nothing to do with it.  The Comission for Presidential Debates sets the format, schedule and requirements for participation.  Johnson will be included if he meets those criteria and excluded if he doesn't.  His biggest hurdle is likely to be polling over 15%.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    None of out of town news stations are reporting in any length that we had a police officer shot in the neck yesterday here in STL on a traffic stop.  Suspect has a long record and ambushed the police officer after he was pulled over.  Officer is still in critical condition.

This happened only about 20 minutes from me, and in a very nice part of town.  I drove right by this spot just the day before before meeting with a new dealer we have just 200 yards down the road.  We also have a long time customer that is a officer with that department (10 yrs back when I was selling charcoal out of the back of my SUV.)  I texted him right away, and thankfully he wrote back so I didn't have to worry about him.

I say all this not to take anything away from the Dallas shootings.  As a witness to all the Ferguson stuff two years ago, and now this in the nice suburbs, just gotta say, be aware of your surroundings.  Don't believe for a second that a white picket fence in suburbia is going to protect you from what is coming.  Every LEO I am still acquainted says look out, this is the new norm & coming to a neighborhood near you.
  • Pepe Le Pew
    Options
    All will be OK soon.  Obama has proposed nationalizing all police forces under federal control.