Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Maverick Issue

Options

Does anyone know what it means when my remote displays "LLL" for the "Barbecue" temp?  Could it be that that lead is bad?  If so does anyone know how to go about ordering a new lead?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options

Does anyone know what it means when my remote displays "LLL" for the "Barbecue" temp?  Could it be that that lead is bad?  If so does anyone know how to go about ordering a new lead?

Thanks in advance.

Per Maverick site: 

http://www.maverickhousewares.com/support/

Why do I get HHH or LLL for a temperature when I plug my probe into the unit?

99% of the time the probe has failed during use. The probe may have had its internal wiring melted, been severely pinched or immersed in water. Any of these would cause the probe to short out and give a HHH, LLL or false temperature display. 

Sometimes a probe that is malfunctioning due to moisture inside can be made to work again by the following procedure:
    1.) Place probe and wire (not entire transmitter) in a small baking pan and put it in an oven that you have preheated to 300F.
    2.) Leave in for 10 minutes, then remove and allow to cool. When cool, try using probe again and it may work.

If the probe is still under warranty please either call or email our customer service department with the model # of your unit and we’ll replace it free of charge.

If the probe is out of warranty please go to our parts and service section to order a replacement probe. 

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Brisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,884
    Options
    Unless you have it below 32 degrees the above is true and the wire is bad.

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options
    I had the infamous bad codes. You know what I did? I took off those little grey stoppers and it has been fine ever since. Didn't need to replace the probes. 
    That isn't to say the probes don't get wrecked somehow, but before you toss them and order new, take off those grey rubber stoppers. It's worth a try. 
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    I just did a search because I wanted probes with 6' leads. Found the for about $13 I think. It has been a couple of years ago though. 

Found this... http://www.yardandpool.com/maverick-et-73-replacement-smoker-probe-3?gclid=CLX1svCO5c0CFQqsaQod4NIMmQ

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !!