Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2016 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

Options

Comments

• bgeaddikt
    bgeaddikt Posts: 503
    Options
    shucker said:
    abpgwolf said:
    Hello @shucker,

Thank you so very much! Wow, you went way above and beyond. 10 bottles of sauce, 3 bottles of rub, 4 different kinds of local hardwood & a t-shirt from his team (snagged by my oldest son before I could even get a picture). All items are from North Carolina. 

Thanks Again. I really appreciate each and every item.

Looks like everything made it without incident.  Glad you received it and hope you enjoy!
    Wood chunks?!? Thats awesome!
    Austin, Tx
  • Royal Coachmen
    Options
    I'm a straggler. If I can get in late I sure would appreciate it!!
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    Options
    My wife said we've received the package. I'll post the contents tonight when I get home. I'm looking forward to it!
  • 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    Options
    KiterTodd said:
    20stone said:

I see that Aardvark hot sauce come up every year, and every year I forget to find some of my own to buy.

How is it?  (flavor, heat, etc.)
    I will try it out this weekend. We've been out for a few days, so I will finally get to dig in.
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Per UPSP tracking my package was delivered to Denver, CO on July 1st @ 4:25pm but no response......... :|

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • bgeaddikt
    bgeaddikt Posts: 503
    Options
    @GATraveller If i don't get a response from my Elftser i would be bummed out somewhat but it was a lot of fun shopping around for sauces n stuff. I sent out my package and its estimated to arrive Saturday 7/9.
    Austin, Tx
  • GATraveller
    Options
    bgeaddikt said:
    @GATraveller If i don't get a response from my Elftser i would be bummed out somewhat but it was a lot of fun shopping around for sauces n stuff. I sent out my package and its estimated to arrive Saturday 7/9.
    Me too.  I get more of a kick out of shopping for the stuff than receiving it so yea.....kinda bummed.  Giving them the benefit of the doubt thus far thinking maybe they don't get into the office often.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Mclayborn79
    Options
    Per UPSP tracking my package was delivered to Denver, CO on July 1st @ 4:25pm but no response......... :|
    I ran into the same issue. @cazzy emailed him and he said he was out of the country, but I have a feeling he is not planning on actually shipping anything out. I was really looking forward to trying some new sauces and rubs. I don't think I will be doing it again next year. :(
  • GATraveller
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I ran into the same issue. @cazzy emailed him and he said he was out of the country, but I have a feeling he is not planning on actually shipping anything out. I was really looking forward to trying some new sauces and rubs. I don't think I will be doing it again next year. :(
    Don't give up on this swap based on this one bad experience.  The exchange is a lot of fun and usually goes off without a hitch.  Hate that the person who got you in the draw left the country......I'd have sat out if it was me. Hopefully they'll make it totally worth the wait and blow you away with their generosity (hint hint).... =)

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    I haven't heard from my recipient, either. It'd be nice to know if it all made it safe and sound...
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • ChillyWillis
    ChillyWillis Posts: 893
    Options
    I'm still waiting on my package to arrive as well. I'm not worried about it though. If I remember correctly in the history of the exchange there has only been one time someone didn't send out a package. The folks around here tend to come through in spades for this every year. 
  • 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    Options
    I'm still waiting on my package to arrive as well. I'm not worried about it though. If I remember correctly in the history of the exchange there has only been one time someone didn't send out a package. The folks around here tend to come through in spades for this every year. 
    I hope you don't get stood up, because you really hooked me up on the exchange.
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    edited July 2016
    Options
    My wife sent this picture of the package that was sitting by the mail box. It appears the post office put it in the plastic bag. I will unpack the box and take inventory after work. 

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    My wife sent this picture of the package that was sitting by the mail box. It appears the post office put it in the plastic bag. I will unpack the box and take inventory after work. 

OH NO!

Rain or shine, snow or sleet, or if your package is dripping sauce - we deliver your mail!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • GATraveller
    Options
    Looks like there may be a horse head in there.......

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    I can tell you that mine is in the US and is at least at the state sorting facility now. I have the tracking # memorized now so I just check from time to time. 
    I hope it arrives better than the box of human feet pictured above. Sorry to see that @JRWhitee
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    Looks like that box got into a fight with a forklift @JRWhitee. Sorry to hear that for both you and the person who took the time to put the package together and ship it. 
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Your package is shipping out tonight!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • ChillyWillis
    ChillyWillis Posts: 893
    Options
    Good to know. Thanks for the update Cazzy!
  • matoch
    matoch Posts: 135
    Options
    Seems like people go way over the 35 dollar minimum. I'm glad I didn't try to participate this year (the timing wasn't right to get things together) I think I would have felt guilty if I had aimed for $35. 

Everyone seems incredibly generous and us and those packages just look amazing.
    Edmonton, Alberta - XL & Minimax
  • GATraveller
    Options
    @JRWhitee - so what was actually in the box you got?  The suspense is killing me!   :)

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • _Moose_
    _Moose_ Posts: 44
    Options
    @JRWhitee - so what was actually in the box you got?  The suspense is killing me!   :)

@JRWhitee ^^this! Interested as well. Hopefully there's something in there to get you through the rough times of painting after you turn the Home Depot sample on the counter into a full fledge gallon.

In other news, it's awesome seeing the generosity in this. I'm looking forward to participating in my first next year. I already have a list started of local joints I've been to that will be in the package

MBGE, Blackstone Tailgater Grill/Griddle Combo

Outside Birmingham, AL

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Thanks for the package Dave Roberts, fortunately is was only one Jar that didn't survive the shipment. I did receive a nice supply of sauces and one Dizzy Pig Ghost rub that I will be trying on wings in the near future. Thanks @Cazzy for putting this on.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • GATraveller
    Options
    The Trifecta (white label) is good stuff.  I got a jar from @dldawes1 last year.  

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited July 2016
    Options
    If you have not received your package or your draw didn't post pics (delivery confirmed), please send me a PM.  
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....