Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT My 40th birthday.

Options
texaswig
texaswig Posts: 2,682
edited July 2016 in EggHead Forum
Today was my 40th birthday. So after I did a few work related things. Then we drove a hour and a half to go see Tom at the ceramic grill store. While there a picked up a woo and stone for my MM. A smokeware cap. And a roll of butcher paper. Then we went to a new revolving sushi bar. It's the first time I've been to one.  it was cool. Had a pretty laid-back day compared to most birthdays.  but it was still really nice. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
Greenville Tx

Comments

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Happy birthday. I hit 40 in february. Then we had another baby boy in april. Now I feel 60. 

Little Rock, AR

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Happy 40th buddy. :joy:
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Sounds like a great day, happy birthday!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    It's all downhill from there. Nice score with the b-day swag, though.
    Stillwater, MN
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Happy birthday!
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Happy Birthday Scott!
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    Happy Birthday! Funny but my 30th bothered me much MUCH more than my 40th and I breezed through my 50th...then I just passed my 72nd mile marker this week. My suggestion is enjoy them all as they will flash by too soon anyway! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Happy birfday Scott!  I look at every birthday as a milestone of experience, age and wisdom.  Probably in my case this is just a complete, delusional lie, but it makes me feel better.   May you have many more, my friend.
    Options
    Happy big 40 brother wig. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    Happy birthday dude.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Happy Birthday for yesterday and may you have many more.. Love the pic of your son.. Cool looking dude.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Hit it last October- welcome to the halfway to 80 club

Greensboro, NC
  • mrs_story
    mrs_story Posts: 136
    Options
    Happy Birthday! 

And thank you for sharing a pic of your boy -- he's a cute kid! 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Happy 40th wig.
    Laid-back and low key is the way to go.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Happy belated birthday @texaswig!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Happy belated birthday.  Sounds like you had a good one......laid back has become my lifestyle.  

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Happy birthday dude. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,391
    Options
    Happy 40th-at least with that one you can convince yourself you are still on the up slope of your life on the planet.  That concept is well beyond the rear-view mirror at the 50th marker.  
    Enjoy the new toys.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    Thanks yall for all the well wishes. Lifes good when your content. I have a half day of work ahead of me then off to see her family down by Houston for a few days. Gonna take the MM maybe try to do a pork butt. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Happy belated Birthday.....I see you share the same with one of my favorites (though maybe before your time)....

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Happy birthday!  Sounds like you had a good day
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Happy birthday, brother! I tried to milk mine for as many birthday purchases as I could , and managed to do pretty well for myself :smiley:

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Happy Birthday brother! Have a great time in Houston with the in laws.

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Options
    Happy Birthday, Scott. I don't have to tell you to enjoy it because you have fun wherever you go. 
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Happy Birthday Scott. 40 is a launch pad to better times ahead. Enjoy the ride!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    Happy birthday wig! Sounds like you had a terrific day.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Happy birthday! 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • AVEngineer
    AVEngineer Posts: 120
    Options
    Happy Birthday. I hit 40 last year and my awesome wife bought me my Egg 
    Medium BGE , iGrill2
    Virginia Beach, VA