Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Iowa Chops and Hasselbacks

Options
Took some Iowa Chops and brined them in water, salt and Worcestershire for about 2 hours. Then coated 1 with Hot Rub @saluki2007 , 1 with salt and pepper and last one with trader joes coffee rub.  Hot rub was great, s&p always good but wasn't a big fan of coffee rub.  Hasselback potatoes were garlic, Parmesan and cheddar. Good stuff for sure, chops were direct at 400 with a chunk of cherry and pulled at 140. Potatoes were indirect at 350 for about 45 minutes. Pics in random order

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

Comments

• Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    That finished plate is money!
    Snellville, GA

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,896
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Looks GREAT from here! Loved your Hasselbacks!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Brisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,884
    Options
    @Eggdicted_Dawgfan Thanks, it was great! 

NW IA

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    @RRP Thanks! Lots of new ideas for hasselbacks the next time.  Definitely need more seasoning on the Parmesan ones as they were a tad bland.  

NW IA

• RRP
    Options
    @RRP Thanks! Lots of new ideas for hasselbacks the next time.  Definitely need more seasoning on the Parmesan ones as they were a tad bland.  
    Just be happy you cut them freehand vs the measured slices I posted a few years back. It took years to get over that sh*t storm! 
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    RRP said:
    Just be happy you cut them freehand vs the measured slices I posted a few years back. It took years to get over that sh*t storm! 
    I still laugh about that. That was just all in good natured fun, though. Should laugh at yourself more, Ron. I make fun of myself all the time. 

And I'm sorry but using a steel ruler and a pen to measure your potato slices is just funny, even though its pretty ingenious. 

Little Rock, AR

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    @RRP don't worry, I'm a tad OCD and the thought definitely crossed my mind.  

NW IA

• RRP
    Options
    RRP said:
    I still laugh about that. That was just all in good natured fun, though. Should laugh at yourself more, Ron. I make fun of myself all the time. 

And I'm sorry but using a steel ruler and a pen to measure your potato slices is just funny, even though its pretty ingenious. 
    Thanks...BTW that customer of yours never did order unless he never identified himself.
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Love Iowa chops!!!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    RRP said:
    RRP said:

Thanks...BTW that customer of yours never did order unless he never identified himself.
    Well damn. I do know he got my email after you sent it to me. He may have been one of those who wanted a peel and stick. I tried to tell him. Well, sorry. Tried to get a customer. Thanks for all your effort. Sorry you wasted your time. Im gonna need one myself soon so I know damn well you'll sell one anyway. I may go on and by extra for my small and my medium vision, too, just to keep on hand. 

Little Rock, AR

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Delicious meal. I love pork and potato, that cook was outstanding!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @Hans61 - They are the best!

NW IA

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    @YukonRon Thanks! I even pulled the S&P one a little earlier like 135 so when it get's nuked it has a little chance of still having moisture.

NW IA

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Wowza!  Great looking grub right there.  Glad you liked the rub.  It really shines on ribs and butts.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    @saluki2007 That is on the list,   Thanks again for sending me some of your secret stash

NW IA