Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Yeti "Tank". It is a bucket.

Options
2»

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    Options
    The Yeti bucket would make a good insulated baitwell. 
    So does my $20 Coleman.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    smokeyw said:
    hondabbq said:

I don't see what the hate on Yeti is all about? I don't have any of the coolers as I have zero need for them, but I do have a few Yeti cups.

The reason we are here is we all bought the Cadillac of Kamados. The BGE. Why isn't anyone slagging on BGE about how expensive they are as compared to KJ, Akorn, or Vision.

Does the Yeti hate translate to the other Kamado style forums where they are all flaming us for buying the best of the best, the BGE, and are laughing all the way to the bank with their inexpensive cookers?

Not trying to start a rift on the thread but I just wonder if the thought process is a bit hypocritical.

I agree. We all own and cook on very expensive kamados. There are others that bash BGE because they feel the price is a rip-off. BGE really pioneered the kamados as we know them today. Yeti is the 1st one to come out with those type products. They did the R&D and engineering that others are now copying. Give them a little credit.
    I didn't call this thread "Yeti Tank (bucket of poop!)".  I just stated it was a bucket.
    But, for the record it would keep that poop at whatever temperature you desired for a significant amount of time. 
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited July 2016
    Options
    hondabbq said:

I don't see what the hate on Yeti is all about? I don't have any of the coolers as I have zero need for them, but I do have a few Yeti cups.

The reason we are here is we all bought the Cadillac of Kamados. The BGE. Why isn't anyone slagging on BGE about how expensive they are as compared to KJ, Akorn, or Vision.

Does the Yeti hate translate to the other Kamado style forums where they are all flaming us for buying the best of the best, the BGE, and are laughing all the way to the bank with their inexpensive cookers?

Not trying to start a rift on the thread but I just wonder if the thought process is a bit hypocritical.

If KJ came behind BGE and sold all their products for 50% off, I think I would agree with you.  If RTIC pointed out as anything, it proved how grossly over priced Yeti is for the same product.  I don't hate Yeti...I just won't invest in their product anymore.  

My wife bought a $10 30oz cup for the house from Walmart.  Looks like a yeti and performs equally.  The same cup that yeti charges $40 for....

On the other end...I would do the same thing if I was Yeti.  If they're willing to pay for it...I'll keep marking it up!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options
    smokeyw said:
    hondabbq said:

I agree. We all own and cook on very expensive kamados. There are others that bash BGE because they feel the price is a rip-off. BGE really pioneered the kamados as we know them today. Yeti is the 1st one to come out with those type products. They did the R&D and engineering that others are now copying. Give them a little credit.
    I didn't call this thread "Yeti Tank (bucket of poop!)".  I just stated it was a bucket.  Let everyone express themselves.

Yeti was not the first to come out with these types of products.  Yeti was the first to market them successfully enough to create a high-end brand cult that appeals to a sportsman demographic.

Slow down Mr Nola, there weea few posts made after your initial post and on several other threads bashing the Yetis in all their various products. That is where my comments were coming from. No need to get upset.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    No worries.  I'm just making it clear for the record I'm not taking sides.  That said, I like reading all the lovers and haters express themselves.
    Options
    No worries.  I'm just making it clear for the record I'm not taking sides.  That said, I like reading all the lovers and haters express themselves.
    =) its a liberal smoke screen to cover up how the fbi changed the rules =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    Options
    hondabbq said:

A lot of the flaming directed at BGE owners on many other forums is due to some BGE owners believing that - a) BGE invented kamados and b)BGE's are "the best of the best".

In the world of kamados Komodo Kamados are arguably the "best of the best". BGE is in the same tier as KJ and Primo. Bottom line tho is that they all can cook nice ribs. :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    @yukonron not yet but that sounds like a great plan. In the name of science of course. 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I'll bet if you pooped in a Yeti bucket vs an orange Home Depot bucket, your poop would stay steamier, longer, in the Yeti.  It is clearly superior.
    Options
    =)
    fukahwee maine

• Dondgc
    Dondgc Posts: 709
    Options
    I'll bet if you pooped in a Yeti bucket vs an orange Home Depot bucket, your poop would stay steamier, longer, in the Yeti.  It is clearly superior.
    Well, certainly if you had the $40 lid. 
    New Orleans LA
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,750
    Options
    i prefer paper over plastic =)

flamingbagofpoop

fukahwee maine