Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

You guys are a good bunch

Options
Not to get all sappy or anything, but this group is full of great people.

In the last 24 hours, I've had an offer of Prague powder sent to my door by mail (resulting from a comment I made about it being tough to find locally) and an offer to help me secure a new Egg at an Eggfest price - including potential payment, pickup and transportation on my behalf (resulting from me having mentioned high prices locally). Both of these were entirely spontaneous offers sparked by comments I had made (that did not seek such offers). Just prior to that, I had a member flag quality lump on sale close to me (resulting from a post I had I made about difficulty finding my go-to lump locally). I will refrain from calling any of them out in order to respect their privacy.

...All of this on top of the generous information-sharing that already routinely occurs here.

Thanks. You are truly a kind and generous bunch.

Comments

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    You are very correct. There are some very genuinely good people here. Proud to call many friends. As @Hotch said to me a while ago, "hey man that's what we do! We're eggheads!"
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Before you know it you'll be driving a few hours to hang out at someone's house and cook. 
    Is that an invitation?  ;)
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I've meet a lot of good people here. And even drove a good ways to hangout and cook with some of them. And I'll do it again. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Before you know it you'll be driving a few hours to hang out at someone's house and cook. 
    Is that an invitation?  ;)
    You're welcome here anytime. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    For the most part, folks here are decent. You will find an occasional miscreant now and then.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • texaswig
    Options
    @theyolksonyou can you meet me half way? 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    I love these folks !!!

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• yljkt
    yljkt Posts: 799
    Options
    This place is off the charts cool. Spent time on Primo [every other post locked] and KamadoGuru [a circus] and this is the place to be. KJ forum is nice and modern but heard crickets. I'm comfortable here. You will be too. 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    @texaswig that'd somewhere round nawleans? Know anyone? :i_dunno:
  • texaswig
    Options
    Yes sir just happens I do. 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • evie1370
    evie1370 Posts: 506
    Options
    These guys and gals have saved me many times! I have even received very good solid technical device on issues I was having with my computer! This is my favorite forum for very good reasons.

Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

"

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    evie1370 said:
    These guys and gals have saved me many times! I have even received very good solid technical device on issues I was having with my computer! This is my favorite forum for very good reasons.
    You raise a good point that I have often thought about in relation to previous posts. I often refer to "guys" in the gender-neutral sense, but don't mean it to denote males only. I appreciate the participation of all Eggheads, both male and female!
  • Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options
    so that's how it works?  Ok.  It's real tough to find those YETI buckets around these parts...
    Apollo Beach, FL
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Wardster said:
    so that's how it works?  Ok.  It's real tough to find those YETI buckets around these parts...
    I think you are looking for a thread one or two over brother!  :)
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I knew this forum was cool when they gave me step by step instructions on changing out my flux capicitor on my DMC. Some dude with the handle of Stephen Hawking. Knows his stuff.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    And should you think @YukonRon is messing with you- here's a related thread that sent many of us to the hardware/software dealers to get it on-line for the next throw down.  
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLDgQg6bq7o  

And just dial it up on Fridays or perhaps Thursday PM.  An eye-opening adventure for sure.  All in good fun.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    My wife always wonders why I spend so much time on here and this is a great reason, plus I cant stand watching that crap on Bravo. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    My wife always wonders why I spend so much time on here and this is a great reason, plus I cant stand watching that crap on Bravo. 
    Getting close to an episode of Bravo with all this sentimental crap 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Lit said:
    Getting close to an episode of Bravo with all this sentimental crap 
    Hey man, peeps have a very serious bbq forum reputation to uphold.  Or so I was told, once. Hahahahaha
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Darby_Crenshaw
    Darby_Crenshaw Posts: 2,657
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I concur. I prefer communing with the gentle souls here to even Sunday services. 

I would advise you though to avoid @zippylip and @Little Steven. Both are fraudulent accounts designed to ensnare, and run by hateful, spiteful, judgmental, irreligious, miniature, angry old men. Both owe many people here not merely vast sums of money, but lost time. 

Especially painful is their tendency to befriend naïve hopeful loving god-fearing types, and then to take them to remote cabins under false pretense, introduce them to mind altering substances, to ply them with spicy ethnic food on prison trays, violate them repeatedly, do unspeakable things to them, and then not even return the numerous phone calls or furtive longing texts, or even the hand made gifts sent to them on their birthdays, or on the very anniversaries of those episodes of debauchery (sometimes requiring the extreme expense of overnight Sunday signature-required delivery) . Hypothetically. 

Rapacious, sinful, pansexual, and unthankful, is what they are
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    edited July 2016
    Options
    dancing friends bromance

These guys are as tight knit as this spandex.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    dancing friends bromance

These guys are as tight knit as this spandex.  
    Matt.....I see that all that dancing has led to your shedding a few lbs. Way to go man....proud of ya. Even wearing Duke colors now. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    When do the reach arounds start?!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    When do the reach arounds start?!
    Are you putting "feelers" out or something? 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Well, this thread certainly went South pretty quickly. 
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Just thought this love fest slap off should get started.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Well, this thread certainly went South pretty quickly. 
    Take it as a compliment.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Darby_Crenshaw Posts: 2,657
    edited July 2016
    Options
    i asked zippy to not share that gif with anyone, because it was from a time in my life when i was "experimenting".  fidel was working the camera, so it must have come from him.  i am going to be lawyering up unless that gif is removed.

also, totally unrelated.  if anyone ever asks you to "go fishing" for a weekend of beer and good food, you really should not overlook that weird feeling you get when they tell you they have a satin wrestling singlet that they made for you, and that there will be choreographed aerobic "exercising"

aside from that, everyone here has been great. 
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• chuckytheegghead
    Options
    Agreed. A bunch of great people on here. Proud to be a member.