Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Yeti "Tank". It is a bucket.

Comments

• Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    edited July 2016
    Not just a bucket.  A HEAVY bucket...
    Apollo Beach, FL
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    And a $200 bucket lmao 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    isn't the lid extra also?
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    I'd love to sit in on some Yeti staff meetings where they brainstorm ideas for "what other overpriced crap we can convince people to buy".

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Legume said:
    isn't the lid extra also?
    Yep, an extra $40.  

I wonder which of these scenarios is the basis:

1) They figure there are enough people who have drank the Yeti Kool-Aid that they'll buy them and tell their friends, "Yah dude, it's a bucket, but it's the best bucket you'll ever see."

2) They're trolling RTIC and seeing how quickly they can come out with a $100 bucket that'll ship in 10 weeks.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Those have been around for a few years. Don't quite get the point of it, and have never seen one in use, so I wonder what sales are like for that item. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    I don't think you guys understand.  This is a yeti bucket. 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    I'm going to wait for the stainless, double-walled vacuum model.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited July 2016
    It says "Yeti" so you know it must be good.
    Okay- I'll fess up. I have one but I got as gift. 

We we do use it for parties- beer, keg and ice and it doesn't sweat on the floor. 

I wouldnt buy one but it does stop the condensation issue on hardwoods. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    @Dobie ^^^^ :lol:

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    My buddy has one.  It would be nice to have but I personally don't think it would be nice enough for that price.
    Apollo Beach, FL
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Maybe if a person did enough events it would be OK. But I think the lid would be a must. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    I also got one as a gift. To be honest the only good thing about it is that you don't have to empty it when the party is done, because it stays cool for days. 

The downside is its heavy as heck, inconvenient to store, and is expensive. If I had the choice I would have returned it for... An rtic and bought a soft cooler with the change. 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    When is frigidair/whirpool going to have Yeti fridge? Like a "Eddie Bauer edition Ford"  

This fridge stays cold like craaazzzyyy!  The ice never melts!  in fact there seems to be an endless supply!!!

Ha!
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    Waiting for a Jeep Rubicon Yeti edition.  Well Jeeps might not be enough $$$.  Land Rover?  Mercedes G Wagon?
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    edited July 2016

I don't see what the hate on Yeti is all about? I don't have any of the coolers as I have zero need for them, but I do have a few Yeti cups.

The reason we are here is we all bought the Cadillac of Kamados. The BGE. Why isn't anyone slagging on BGE about how expensive they are as compared to KJ, Akorn, or Vision.

Does the Yeti hate translate to the other Kamado style forums where they are all flaming us for buying the best of the best, the BGE, and are laughing all the way to the bank with their inexpensive cookers?

Not trying to start a rift on the thread but I just wonder if the thought process is a bit hypocritical.

• smokeyw
    smokeyw Posts: 367
    hondabbq said:

I don't see what the hate on Yeti is all about? I don't have any of the coolers as I have zero need for them, but I do have a few Yeti cups.

The reason we are here is we all bought the Cadillac of Kamados. The BGE. Why isn't anyone slagging on BGE about how expensive they are as compared to KJ, Akorn, or Vision.

Does the Yeti hate translate to the other Kamado style forums where they are all flaming us for buying the best of the best, the BGE, and are laughing all the way to the bank with their inexpensive cookers?

Not trying to start a rift on the thread but I just wonder if the thought process is a bit hypocritical.

I agree. We all own and cook on very expensive kamados. There are others that bash BGE because they feel the price is a rip-off. BGE really pioneered the kamados as we know them today. Yeti is the 1st one to come out with those type products. They did the R&D and engineering that others are now copying. Give them a little credit.
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,110
    caliking said:
    Those have been around for a few years. Don't quite get the point of it, and have never seen one in use, so I wonder what sales are like for that item. 

I agree that these seem silly- however my friend uses his for Pony Kegs and it works great.
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited July 2016
    smokeyw said:
    hondabbq said:

I agree. We all own and cook on very expensive kamados. There are others that bash BGE because they feel the price is a rip-off. BGE really pioneered the kamados as we know them today. Yeti is the 1st one to come out with those type products. They did the R&D and engineering that others are now copying. Give them a little credit.
    I didn't call this thread "Yeti Tank (bucket of poop!)".  I just stated it was a bucket.  Let everyone express themselves.

Yeti was not the first to come out with these types of products.  Yeti was the first to market them successfully enough to create a high-end brand cult that appeals to a sportsman demographic.
    kl8ton said:
    Waiting for a Jeep Rubicon Yeti edition.  Well Jeeps might not be enough $$$.  Land Rover?  Mercedes G Wagon?
    Bentley Bentayga?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    i cant even see buying an orange bucket at home depot, i dont think ive ever even bought a bucket. buckets are free =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Anyone try them with Kegs? 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    YukonRon said:
    Anyone try them with Kegs? 
    I can't afford one!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    The Yeti bucket would make a good insulated baitwell. 
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Ok. I have have looked at the 85 and I like it. I will be getting 1 soon for events to keep water cold. Might seem like a lot to spend and it would be if you only use it say 4 times a year but when you are selling water out of it at a event every week 245 is not really a huge investment. Oh. And it's a tax right off. 

Bash yeti or or not they make a hell of a fine product. Mind you I do not have a pelican nor a RTIC so I can't compair them but I think I will stick with what I know and stay with yeti. It's my money I will send it like I fell.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa