Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• lousubcap said:
    Just delivered four racks of BB ribs to the local fire house.  Becoming a holiday tradition to bring them some smoked goodness.

Gotta take care of the first responders.
    Happy Birthday USA!
    You are a good man @lousubcap
    Snellville, GA

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Man I love tri tip. Went in the sous vide unseasoned for 2 hours at 108 then onto the MM with hickory for smoke with a grillgrate in. mM was running about 500 and cooked till 130. Sliced a pile and added cheese and threw back on the egg to melt the cheese. Pics don't do this thing justice tri tip is so amazing. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    Fireworks over. Now getting ready to watch NASA insert Juno into orbit around Jupiter.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Getting rained on, you can see chunks of fireworks on the Pelican.  Had to put my hat back on.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Still feeling like full from this...

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Attended a very fun 4th party. Wasn't asked to bring food (only Byob)but I decided to smoke 3 slabs of spares as "appetizers" they were gone in 10min and the talk of the party! Also went 3 for 3 wins with my bro in law playing bags against the other neighborhood men. All in all a great night...only sour note is work tomorrow :-(
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    edited July 2016
    @YukonRon happy birfday

Thanks man! I hope everyone had a great time and a safe and happy 4th!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Did some zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance, then hit a bbq at a friend's where I thought it a good idea to take a nap on their living room floor while everyone watched My Cousin Vinnie.  

edited July 2016
    HeavyG said:
    Focker said:
    Hate that @Focker , they'll make it right I'm sure. 
    lousubcap said:
    @Focker -  what a friggin downer, not to mention PITA just to go thru the return and wait for the replacements.  Dang-
    Yeah, sucky.
    Thanks guys.

Sent an email.  Had me call him today on the holiday.

New cookbox and wheel being sent out tomorrow.
    He recently upgraded to the red wheels.  
    College kid that works for him must be color blind, he said.

Also said he has sent these all over, overseas, never has seen blunt trauma like this.

Bill owned up, handled it, even sooner than expected.
    Things will be alright.

Hope it arrives unscathed!

When I ordered mine a few months ago and saw that he shipped FedEx I was a bit concerned. I have had far more problems with FedEx Ground than UPS or even the US Postal Service. Fortunately it arrived just fine.

Did that ding affect the opening/closing of the door?
    He was pretty fired up about this.  The first pic, lower front end bend, does.  The second ding is on the bottom, and towards the back end corner, cosmetic.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Tuesday really is Monday's evil step sister after a long weekend. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    edited July 2016
    Starting to load up the pickup for the trip to @Thatgrimguy 's South MS River Fest this weekend.
    Scott I have 80 lbs. of the Lazzari Mesquite Lump coming your way!! =)

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited July 2016

A nondairy creamer shot from last night.  "Born in the USA" cranked up on the Blockrocker while taking this pic, followed with Lee Greenwood's "God Bless the USA".  Peeps were hammered up, and goin nuckin futs.  Couldn't believe the lined highways with tailgaters on our way out.  Pretty cool night in Grand Mound.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Breathing slowly and trying to remain calm at the office.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    @Acn

Sometimes waiting one day to respond is better than responding quickly!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,546
    edited July 2016
    Listening to Barry stutter while he promotes the little blue tea pot in Charlotte..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    If Every Day is a Gift, today it was socks.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Making some noise 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    Waiting for my pizza to arrive.  Was supposed to cook on the Blackstone, but decided to be lazy.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    edited July 2016
    Waiting for my pizza to arrive.  Was supposed to cook on the Blackstone, but decided to be lazy.
    I hear you. I was in charge of pizza last night on the egg at my friends lake house. We had about 15 mouths to feed. I bought all kind of toppings for pizza and even went down to St. Paul for 00 flour. I had this planned for days prior. We're talking prosciutto, goat cheese, fresh mozzarella, fresh farm veggies, bbq chicken, etc. A group of us left on the boat at 2pm and didn't finish up fishing until 10pm. Stopped back at the dock for a few more refreshments and went back out on the lake to watch the towns fireworks from the boat. The boat eventually pulled back in at 12:20am. (Oops) We should have had some nice thought out pizzas but instead got some lazy many beers deep pizza. All that running around and prep work for beer pizza. Happy stomachs in the end and I nailed the crust but 2am pizza isn't the same as 6pm pizza.  
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Friend of mine messaged me that there was one last packer at Costco, and did I want it?  Mmmm, yeah, of course I do.  Looking forward to Saturday!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    edited July 2016
    blind99 said:
    Friend of mine messaged me that there was one last packer at Costco, and did I want it?  Mmmm, yeah, of course I do.  Looking forward to Saturday!
    Forget booty calls. I want a brisket friend with benefits! =)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    WeberWho said:
    blind99 said:
    Forget booty calls. I want a brisket friend with benefits! =)

@weberwho  seriously, i may have a problem, if people call me when they see briskets available!  i guess it's better than if they called to say they found some smack i might be interested in.
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    At work.  Just waiting until 9......
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    Counting down the days till Monday.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Counting down the days till Monday.
    Wtf? Vacation?
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,024
    Eating biscuits n gravy. 

• LDR
    LDR Posts: 414
    edited July 2016
    Looking at web sites for 22' travel trailers at the request of SWMBO.  I don't know if this is good or bad.  I've never had one - and her idea of camping is the hotel.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Dyal_SC said:
    Eating biscuits n gravy. 

That may be the best meal you have until your (my) wing dish Saturday.