Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Happy 100th to my Mom!!!

Options
Yep, on July 4, 1916, 100 years ago today, my mom was born. Spent the day with family and friends - and eating far too much. On the menu - pork barbecue, coleslaw, potato salad and baked beans, all homemade. No egg here so the butts were cooked in her oven. You'd be amazed how great Q can taste when cooked in an oven! Sauced with choice of Eastern NC vinegar, Carolina Gold mustard based or a Lexington style. Good eats!

The old girl had a great time! I am exhausted! :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
Central Connecticut 

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Awesome brother. Truly awesome.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Happy Big 100 to your mom. I wish her many, many more.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Darby_Crenshaw
    Darby_Crenshaw Posts: 2,657
    Options
    Happy Birthday!

she wins. Couldn't have a better date for a birthday. 
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• Holepuncher
    Holepuncher Posts: 388
    Options
    How cool is that,
    Hendersonville, TN.
  • gator753
    gator753 Posts: 81
    Options
    Happy Birthday to your Mom. :)
    Marshall, TX

LBGE 2016
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Happy birthday mom! Very cool! I know you and she both had a fantastic day. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    That is really awesome!! Hope she has many more enjoyable years ahead!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Happy birthday mom! Imagine the changes she's has seen in this world. What a great story. 
    Snellville, GA

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Wow- would love to spend some time with her. The changes she has seen during her lifetime are quite spectacular. Wishing her a very happy centennial birthday!
    Greensboro, NC
  • Sweet100s
    Sweet100s Posts: 553
    Options
    I'd like to send her a letter. Can you message her addy to me?
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    That's cool! Please tell her Happy Birthday from one firecracker to another!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,660
    Options
    That's awesome. Happy birthday to her

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    That is cool. Happy birthday to her. What a blessing it is you've got to have her this long. I'm happy for you. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Happy CENTURY to Mama Q! 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Options
    Happy Birthday to her.  

I was honored to spend 50 yrs of my life having my grandmother around and she was 54 yrs older than me. Born 1907-Died 2011  It is great to hear the stories and wisdom of those Centenarians.  Wish they could have talked sense into the last 2 generations.
  • Eggaroo
    Eggaroo Posts: 417
    Options
    So cool! Happy Birthday to your mom. Truly awesomeness there. 
    Greenwood, IN | XL BGE | Weber Genesis | Blackstone 28 | bunch of accessories  =)
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Happy Birthday to your mom. What a blessing!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
    Options
    Happy Birthday to Momma!!!  :joy:
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    That's wonderful. Hope you enjoy many more birthdays together.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    Amazing -- Congratulations to her, and many happy returns!
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    The stories she could tell. My wife's grandmother made it 95 yrs. great conversations we had 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Awesome! Happy birthday. The changes she's seen. God bless her. Somebody notify Willard Scott. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Judy Mayberry
    Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
    edited July 2016
    Options
    It's telepathy! I was thinking about your mom today and was going to ask you how she's doing! What an awesome post telling us about the celebration today. You made her VERY happy!

You'll recover...you always do.
    Judy in San Diego
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Thanks, guys. She really is quite remarkable.

And she likes the fact that they have fireworks every year. Just for her.  :lol:

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Simply amazing!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    That's awesome, Q. What a great way to spend the day with your Mom. 
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,771
    Options
    happy bithday mom =) so whats the secret, barbecue chopped only/ never pulled, bacon, a daily bourbon =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    happy bithday mom =) so whats the secret, barbecue chopped only/ never pulled, bacon, a daily bourbon =)
    chopped Q only, two slices of bacon most days... never touched a drop of alcohol in her life! :)

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Wow.....Happy Birthday Moma Q. You are a fortunate man. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Fantastic ... wish her happy birthday from me.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max