Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Whole Brisket - Did I do it wrong?

Options
2»

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    cazzy said:
    SGH said:
    SciAggie said:
    @SGH My MIL lives just down the road from Taylor and we have eaten at Mueller's several times. I have always enjoyed it and thought the food excellent. I am no expert in judging bbq however. I will say I ate at Rendezvous in Memphis that is cited as a "bucket list" BBQ place - Mueller's kicked their a$$ in my opinion. 

I don't love it. Had some good and some pretty bad there. 
    The above responses reflect what I have heard. Some seem to love it, others don't care for it. Kind of puzzling. 
    Last 2 times I ate there it was not good. Once was at like 4 in the afternoon though and we were the only people there. Kind of tough to hold stuff for service like that. It sucked though. They should close between lunch and dinner if they are going to serve up that mess. 
    I had a place in Htown called Roegels.  He said he uses Louie Mueller's seasoning concept (9:1) and I didn't care for it at all.  I was craving salt the entire time, which I guess wouldn't be hard to correct at the table.  
    I felt the same way. And there was no smoke on it. Like a peppery pot roast. And their sauce...well it's horrible. 
    And that was before you were a true smoke snob!  
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Hell yeah I'd hit it! Looks great.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX