Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    blasting said:

@Focker   maiden voyage cook this weekend?  I know that beast isn't still boxed up.

I wish man.  Working a ton this weekend, next week, 6 13s.  Then son's baseball tourney.
    Next time off to play with fire will be July 11th. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Lit said:
    Drinking my coffee watching the little girl play in her new sand box for the first time. I still need to make the cover and bench but it's good enough for now.
    That is a special moment. What a sweetheart. Enyou you holiday.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Focker
    edited July 2016
    Layed some gifted camo Mighty Skins on the Winter beater Yeti.  Kind of a PITA, but at least I know which one is mine at the base camp fireworks tomorrow night.

The keep calm and aim for the heart, baseball,  beer buzz, and Rob Zombie like dragon rocker skins are pretty cool.
    http://www.mightyskins.com/yeti-30-oz-rambler-tumbler/

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Current condition... fairly drunk and waiting until it's time to put the pig on.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    @DoubleEgger Got my wheels spinning. I'll try that using my two different starters (one white and one wheat). I'll use the wheat starter for the rye. I'll post when I get to it. Thx brotha. Maybe I'll do it on the egg as well. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited July 2016
    @Focker I actually saw these a few weeks back but, my immediate thought was I'd eff up the application. And also wasn't 100% sure on the longevity/quality. Thoughts?
    This is the one I was gonna order. Funny you mentioned it. My first thought was Rob Zombie's El Superbeasto. :naughty:

o
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Just finished grilling some watermelon, pineapple and mango for a fruit salad at the pool tomorrow. Then made some 70/30 brisket bacon burgers with Serrano peppers, brown sugar and onion and topped them with some Canadian bacon I smoked today and cheese. Couple neighbors were over so made them some too. No finished pics cause we were drunk and hungry.
  • NPHuskerFL
    @Lit That won't suck
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Focker
    edited July 2016
    @Focker I actually saw these a few weeks back but, my immediate thought was I'd eff up the application. And also wasn't 100% sure on the longevity/quality. Thoughts?
    This is the one I was gonna order. Funny you mentioned it. My first thought was Rob Zombie's El Superbeasto. :naughty:

o a really cool one.

It's tricky getting the bubbles, seams, out.  Just takes time/patience.  The vinyl can be peeled back up easily without loosing the adhesive.  Did this many times, even on the corners, for a good fit.

I think it's worth it.  They should hold up ok IMO.

Back when I smoked weed,  room at my parent's house in the basement, I had a really old antique card table we would hang around and play spades and uecker on. Everyone who came by, climbing through my egress window, contributed artwork.  From Brooks and Dunn steer head and Fear Factory logos, to my favorite of my buddy Ryan doing Rob's live fast kill slow art off one of the albums.  Wish I still had it.  May have to dig through the garage at my dad's.  

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    @Thatgrimguy how's your kiddo doing? Seems everyone's on the mend here. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Abe Froman is in the house! 

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,545
    Bacon wrapped Brats dusted with Honey Hog BBQ.. These are to be consumed at our party tonight..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,722
    @Jeremiah Looks much better today, but she runs like hell when she sees the eye drop bottle now.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Heed the warning, watch out for flaming balls.
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • jeffwit
    And pretty much all of America is made in China these days.
    Jefferson, GA
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    @thatgrimguy we went thru that when our oldest was a toddler. He took so many antibiotics for ear infections it got to the point we had to physically hold him down and force it down his throat. Hope she forgets soon. 
  • theyolksonyou
    Just put a whoopin on the teen in Madden 16. Went upstairs to find the youngin eating peppers for a snack. Don't know many 10 yr old who raid the veggie draw at snack time. 
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    edited July 2016
    Just put a whoopin on the teen in Madden 16. Went upstairs to find the youngin eating peppers for a snack. Don't know many 10 yr old who raid the veggie draw at snack time. 
    I love madden. Xbox one or ps4?
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    @theyolksonyou Awesome. Me too.

we should play sometime.  
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • jeffwit
    I used to be able to school my son in anything video game related until about 2-3 years ago. Now I don't even try anymore. But if he wants to play Pong or Frogger or Pitfall, bring it on!
    Jefferson, GA
  • theyolksonyou
    @jeffwit me too. They see the whole screen and I see whatever I'm concentrating on. I got lucky. 

However, this Braves/Marlins game at Ft Bragg is pretty cool. 
  • HondaHawk
    HondaHawk Posts: 98

Grilled tater salad. The good stuff. 
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,024
    Just prepped, trimmed and seasoned a 22.5 lb whole pork shoulder for tomorrow's smoke.  Also cleaned and prepped the egg so there isn't much to think about in the morning, other than lighting it up.  

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    @Dyal_SC -  dang that is gonna be a manly cook.  And I'm with you about getting the prep work done the evening prior so it becomes a simple start but 22.5 lbs could be quite a protracted event.  Enjoy the cook and results.  Happy Birthday USA.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,024
    lousubcap said:
    @Dyal_SC -  dang that is gonna be a manly cook.  And I'm with you about getting the prep work done the evening prior so it becomes a simple start but 22.5 lbs could be quite a protracted event.  Enjoy the cook and results.  Happy Birthday USA.
    I split it into two, plus after removing the skin and trimming, it was much lighter.  :) Hoping it turns out well.  It had a nice looking money muscle.  
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    I'm pacing myself-putting LEO on hold til after midnight EDT. At that time I will likely consume that last of PVW 20 year-old bourbon, never to own it again. Gotta see in Birthday 240.  Let the parties begin/continue.  

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,944
    @lousubcap is Pappy as good as it is hard to get?
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS