Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bobby flay xl bge

Options
texaswig
texaswig Posts: 2,682
Bobby smoking up some salmon on a xl. All that room and this guy is cooking one piece of fish. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
Greenville Tx

Comments

• Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    I'm watching it as well. Thought the same thing 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options
    I had a post up about him not having a BGE on the set anymore. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    I've always gotten the impression that Flay's BBQ Addiction show primarily focused on how many different grills he can use in each episode. :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    texaswig said:
    Bobby smoking up some salmon on a xl. All that room and this guy is cooking one piece of fish. 
    Um, I've done two burgers on my XL before.... They did look kinda lonely on there....
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • texaswig
    Options
    @jeffwit I've done some small cooks too. But very few. Now I got a MM just for that. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    Yup. Me, too.
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Did he talk about his egg? 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • texaswig
    Options
    I'm not sure. I started watching about 10 minutes in. 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Options
    I probably hold the record for small cooks on an XL...  a single hotdog - and it was DANG good!!!
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    onedbguru said:
    I probably hold the record for small cooks on an XL...  a single hotdog - and it was DANG good!!!
    That does it. Now I have to go cook one shrimp...

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• onedbguru
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    onedbguru said:

So, to qualify, you have to start with a cold egg, light it, cook the shrimp and shut it down until it comes to ambient temp. 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    onedbguru said:
    Foghorn said:
    onedbguru said:

So, to qualify, you have to start with a cold egg, light it, cook the shrimp and shut it down until it comes to ambient temp. 
    That seems fair. It also seems fair to say that I'm not a threat to your record. Having just one shrimp would be irritating. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• onedbguru
    Options
    wheewww. thought I was going to have to come up with another tiny cook on my XL.  Thanks.

Happy 4th tomorrow!!! (starting 7AM-ish with spare and country ribs)
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    My Beautiful Wife requested salmon tonight, and I found a recipe which had been posted by @egret. I smoked it with sugar maple, on the XL, and roasted some veggies along with it.
    That recipe was killer. My Beautiful Wife said it was the best she ever had.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    I l0find Bobby Flay one of the most authentic cooking show tv entertainers.   I love Giada and Tiffany Amber Thiessen too ;-)   
    But with flay i think the salmon cook was just for the show at the time and he probably removed the bge from the set because the sponsor was weber
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    He has a more seasoned egg that is his personal egg, he's posted that a few times on his twitter.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    BYS1981 said:
    He has a more seasoned egg that is his personal egg, he's posted that a few times on his twitter.

You mean his Ex didn't get that in the settlement? :fearful:
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    Actually, she may have, loool. @NPHuskerFL