Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Moinks

Options

Cheap frozen italian meatballs wrapped in thin hickory smoked bacon. Smoked at 220 for a couple hours over hickory. Last half hour roll in glaze of barbecue sauce, honey, and vinegar, then back on to get sticky. 

Bringing them to a cook out as an app

And beverages are underway

[social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    'bout time you contributed something meaningful here.  Dr Eggerton has like a thousand posts that are mostly bout egg cookin'. 

Well done.  Like I am after fishing (and drinking) all day.
    Man those look awesome! 
    Snellville, GA

• Darby_Crenshaw
    Darby_Crenshaw Posts: 2,657
    Options
    These are (i believe) the invention of a food guru who no longer posts here (or, there, actually). Rick. 

Good stuff. 
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• Darby_Crenshaw
    edited July 2016
    Options
    'bout time you contributed something meaningful here.  Dr Eggerton has like a thousand posts that are mostly bout egg cookin'. 

I am trying to catch up to him so that my other replies, which sadly are only attempts to help people, will be deemed acceptable to him and credited with value under his narrow system. 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Great looking grub Darby. I'm enjoying a few cold ones myself. 

As you can, the clothes are already starting to come off. Will be naked within the hour. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options

I am trying to catch up to him so that my other replies, which sadly are only attempts to help people, will be deemed acceptable to him and credited with value under his narrow system. 

Niuk Niuk Niuk Niuk Niuk. Zoinks!
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Wait a second...you egg? :wink:
    Nothing wrong with "El cheapo" frozen meatballs. I've done up some I picked up at Sam's Club, BJ's and RD alike and they weren't too shabby. Good looking apps mang. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Options

Half the batch. Keeping the rest for a snack tomorrow 

[i actually don't cook on the egg. These photos are all ten years old, but who is gonna know except fishless. And he's gone for the weekends]

• Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Those look nasty! =)
    Snellville, GA

• Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Indirect the whole time?
    Snellville, GA

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    Not to hi-jack the thread as those are some tasty looking apps and I do need to give monk balls a go.
    But @SGH -  if you didn't have such an inventory of bottled Bud you would be drinking them with "America" on the label.  As mentioned in a thread a couple of weeks ago, I knew the cans we so marked but I decided to grab a few (well, many) bottles and they all have "America" as the banner.  You need to get thru your inventory or you will miss it...  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SGH
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Not to hi-jack the thread as those are some tasty looking apps and I do need to give monk balls a go.
    But @SGH -  if you didn't have such an inventory of bottled Bud you would be drinking them with "America" on the label.  As mentioned in a thread a couple of weeks ago, I knew the cans we so marked but I decided to grab a few (well, many) bottles and they all have "America" as the banner.  You need to get thru your inventory or you will miss it...  ;)
    Brother Cap, these were purchased this morning. The store I buy from has the "America" cans, but not the bottles. I'm going to Gulfport tonight to pick up some fresh seafood, I will look in the stores down there for the America bottles.  

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    @Darby_Crenshaw
    As promised above, the only thing that I'm wearing now is this hat. Want to see a pic of me in it =)

Status- Standing by.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    NFW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SGH
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    NFW-
    Come on brother Cap, take one for the team :D

Status- Standing by.

• gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    SGH said:
    @Darby_Crenshaw
    As promised above, the only thing that I'm wearing now is this hat. Want to see a pic of me in it =)

I've had a lot of people trying to get me to join that particular fraternal organization for a while. I have resisted but now that I know @SGH may be a member...
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • SGH
    edited July 2016
    Options
    gmac said:
    SGH said:
    @Darby_Crenshaw

I've had a lot of people trying to get me to join that particular fraternal organization for a while. I have resisted but now that I know @SGH may be a member...
    My brother, it's not may be, I'm a very proud member my friend. I'm also York and Scottish Rites as well. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @Darby_Crenshaw
    My apologies for the hijack and straying off topic. 

Status- Standing by.

• gmac
    Options
    You can put a lot of moink balls in that hat @SGH so I am sure you're on topic 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I joined with my buddy, but decided it wasn't for me.  My Dad was a 33rd Degree and loved it all.
    Flint, Michigan
  • SGH
    Options
    I joined with my buddy, but decided it wasn't for me.  My Dad was a 33rd Degree and loved it all.
    I'm 32nd. If your dad was 33rd, that's a very special honor indeed. To obtain the 33rd, you are invited to Washington for the ceremony. Only a chosen few are ever invited. There is no criteria, it's strictly random. 

Status- Standing by.

• Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    edited July 2016
    Options
    SGH said:
    I'm 32nd. If your dad was 33rd, that's a very special honor indeed. To obtain the 33rd, you are invited to Washington for the ceremony. Only a chosen few are ever invited. There is no criteria, it's strictly random. 
    My Dad was passionate about F&AM.  He reached the lofty goal of the 33rd in the early 90's.  That sure made him happy!  He was involved with a number of branches including Scottish Rite, Shrine and Commanderie.  Like I said, he was passionate about it.

edit: I inherited his Commanderie sword.  I was thinking about hanging it on the wall.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    SGH said:
    My Dad was passionate about F&AM.  He reached the lofty goal of the 33rd in the early 90's.  That sure made him happy!  He was involved with a number of branches including Scottish Rite, Shrine and Commanderie.  Like I said, he was passionate about it.

edit: I inherited his Commanderie sword.  I was thinking about hanging it on the wall.
    You should.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    SGH said:
    gmac said:
    SGH said:
    @Darby_Crenshaw

My brother, it's not may be, I'm a very proud member my friend. I'm also York and Scottish Rites as well. 

Aint nuttin' but a G thang brother.
    Nice gift.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• SGH
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I would hang it on the wall in a split second. And would honored to do so. 
    If I may ask, if your dad obtained the 33rd, he would have been given either a Inspector General or a Soverign Grand Inspector General (depending on location) jewel. Did you by chance inherit it as well? For reference, it would look real similar to this:

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @Darby_Crenshaw
    My apologies again for wrecking and hijacking your thread. I normally reserve the hijacking for Rons threads.

Status- Standing by.

• gmac
    Options
    I can start a "hijack this thread" thread and maybe there will be moink balls
  • SGH
    Options
    gmac said:
    I can start a "hijack this thread" thread and maybe there will be moink balls
    Well said my friend. Darby and Ron will probably kill me if we ever meet. Some how I end up hijacking their threads. I assure you that it's not intentional. Well, maybe Rons ;)

Status- Standing by.

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    My brother may have gotten the jewel.  I know I didn't.
    Flint, Michigan
  • SGH
    Options
    We made an a$$ of Darbys thread. 

Status- Standing by.