Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2016 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

Options

Comments

• JMCXL
    JMCXL Posts: 1,524
    Options
    this is the best and why I joined the forum. A total bonus to egg ownership!
    Northern New Jersey
     XL - Woo2, AR      L (2) - Woo, PS Woo     MM (2) - Woo       MINI

Check out https://www.grillingwithpapaj.com for some fun and more Grilling with Papa (incase you haven't gotten enough of me)

Also, check out my YouTube Page
    https://www.youtube.com/c/grillingwithpapaj

Follow me on Facebook 
    https://www.facebook.com/GrillingPapaJ/

• shucker
    shucker Posts: 483
    Options
    Tracking shows the package I sent to PA is out for delivery today

Shucker
    Eastern North Carolina
    Go Pirates!

http://facebook.com/oldcolonysmokehouse

https://www.instagram.com/oldcolonysmokehouse/

L & MM BGE/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Pit Barrel Cooker/QDS/Shirley Fab 50" Patio/BQ Grills Hog Cooker/Stump's Classic/Weber 22" OTG

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    How do you join the exchange? I'd be happy to share some of my spices. 
    NERVOUS said:
    I just read this entire thread from beginning to end.  I'm completely blown away by the individual time and effort (not to mention generosity) contributed to this exchange by the community as a whole - Kudos to everyone involved.  I can't wait to participate the next time around.

Don't wait till next time...join now:

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1195593/2016-egghead-rub-sauce-exchange/p1
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    20stone said:

I see that Aardvark hot sauce come up every year, and every year I forget to find some of my own to buy.

How is it?  (flavor, heat, etc.)
    LBGE/Maryland
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:
    @GATraveller let me know what you think about the cookies. I can't open the little bastards without eating the whole bag. I figured if I threw those in I wouldn't have to use as many old shopping bags for filler.

@gmac I'm in. Thanks Caz!
    HA!! Knocked out the bag of Pecan Sandies in one sitting last night!!  

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    I know there is little chance mine will get there today. Sorry. But I keep checking to see when it arrives. 

Of course shipping alcohol and raw wood across international borders isn't any reason to be concerned either....

I was gonna go overnight, it changed from $34 shipping to $245. Crazy. 
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    @gmac

Not sure about the rest of the country, but here we are not supposed to move firewood from one town to another.  I think it is the emerald ash bore's fault.

Do you have the emerald ash bore there?
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • gmac
    Options
    We do but this was Apple that was cut a long time ago. I suggest the recipient burn it at 250 for several hours in order to render it harmless. 
  • kl8ton
    Options
    I am waiting for a call from UPS.  (i chatted on line and then talked to an agent and then a supervisor for over an hour)The package i had going to TX is possibly still here in MI waiting for me to claim, remove unapproved contents and re-send.  The tracking info provided is "logical" scan data.  Basically the trailer my box is supposed to be on gets scanned, so when i track it, i think it is TX, but in all reality the guys at my ups hub are probably enjoying my recipients beer.  
    Grand Rapids MI
  • gmac
    Options
    That sucks @kl8ton
    I used to enter a lot of homebrewer contests and I always expected an entry to get sent back but it never did. I successfully sent several "yeast samples" around the country for a few years. 
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    I love learning about all the new stuff.  My first exchange I got a Santa Maria style rub that I've ordered off Amazon like 3 times since then.  And it isn't just the stuff I've gotten from CA, GA, and now TX - it's looking at everything that's been sent.  @gatabites is probably within 20 miles of me, but if you look at the package he sent, there is nothing that overlaps with the package I sent.  So now I know that I need to do some more exploring around B'more.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• tonyled
    tonyled Posts: 536
    Options
    @gatabites loot was all tested last night by wifey and i.  she had grilled some shrimp so we sprinkled the rubs and dipped in sauces and not one single tasting short of wow!  the brown sugar rub really stood out as well as the jerk along with the sweet heat sauce
  • kl8ton
    Options
    UPS recommends i open an investigation as they cannot locate the package.   Getting the ball rolling on that . . .  
    :sigh:

Grand Rapids MI
  • Cookbook_Chip
    Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
    Options
    @scgirlinoh you are so welcome!  ......  okay, moment of silence .....  done!  Better steak sauce than mustard sauce if a soldier had to go.  Enjoy!
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • kl8ton
    Options
    @JMCXL

Salsa verde was delicious.  Thanks!  Too hot for the kids so my wonderful wife and I split it.
    Grand Rapids MI
  • ChillyWillis
    ChillyWillis Posts: 893
    Options
    KiterTodd said:
    20stone said:

I see that Aardvark hot sauce come up every year, and every year I forget to find some of my own to buy.

How is it?  (flavor, heat, etc.)
    It's amazing. Good heat but not so much you can't enjoy the flavor, which is incredible. It is without a doubt my favorite hot sauce. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    @scgirlinoh you are so welcome!  ......  okay, moment of silence .....  done!  Better steak sauce than mustard sauce if a soldier had to go.  Enjoy!
    As a fellow Gamecock myself....where might one find the VA Gentleman Steak sauce? That intrigues me. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Cookbook_Chip
    Options
    As a fellow Gamecock myself....where might one find the VA Gentleman Steak sauce? That intrigues me. 
    Kroger has it here in Richmond
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
  • Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options

Thank you @cookbook_chip (and fellow Gamecock!) You really outdid yourself. Lots of delicious Virginia & Chesapeake goodies, even threw in some Melvin’s BBQ sauce from Charleston for my SC mustard base fix and I can never have enough Dizzy Pig or Jerk seasoning! Did have one sauce casualty…let’s please have a moment of silence for the Virginia Gentleman Bourbon Steak Sauce. Particularly sad for this bourbon loving girl. Not to mention it smelled amazing. No worries…he will be replaced…I’ve already ordered a couple of bottles online. Also love the BGE corn holders and can’t wait to get started on a family cookbook (www.familycookbookproject.com.) Thanks again so much! Hope you and all the eggheads out there have a great Fourth of July holiday! P.S. LOVE this exchange...can't wait til next time...thank you @cazzy for coordinating it all!

That Jerk is legit and potent!  I have been using DP's Game On on my beef ribs.  Very nice flavor without taking over.
    Apollo Beach, FL
  • Cookbook_Chip
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @Wardster yes! Game On on beef ribs is really nice flavor. 
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Kroger has it here in Richmond
    If you had to describe the steak sauce what would you say?

Little Rock, AR

• nlovold
    nlovold Posts: 194
    Options
    A huge thank you to @Parkersquared for the awesome gift pack from South Mississippi!  I haven't ever tried any of your selections, so very well done sir.  Can't wait to try the J Lee's sauces from Biloxi!
    I was just saying to the wife the other night that I hoped my Elf was from LA or MS because I'm running low on creole seasoning!  Thanks so much for the generous gift and thanks to @cazzy for this great exchange.  Enjoy the weekend- I know I will now!
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    nlovold said:
    A huge thank you to @Parkersquared for the awesome gift pack from South Mississippi!  I haven't ever tried any of your selections, so very well done sir.  Can't wait to try the J Lee's sauces from Biloxi!
    I was just saying to the wife the other night that I hoped my Elf was from LA or MS because I'm running low on creole seasoning!  Thanks so much for the generous gift and thanks to @cazzy for this great exchange.  Enjoy the weekend- I know I will now!
    nlovold said:
    Nice haul!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • abpgwolf
    abpgwolf Posts: 559
    Options
    Hello @shucker,

Thank you so very much! Wow, you went way above and beyond. 10 bottles of sauce, 3 bottles of rub, 4 different kinds of local hardwood & a t-shirt from his team (snagged by my oldest son before I could even get a picture). All items are from North Carolina. 

Thanks Again. I really appreciate each and every item.

Lititz, PA – XL BGE

• Parkersquared
    Options
    nlovold said:
    Glad it made it safely. Hope you enjoy. 
    Wiggins, MS
  • NERVOUS
    NERVOUS Posts: 104
    Options
    cazzy said:
    NERVOUS said:
    I just read this entire thread from beginning to end.  I'm completely blown away by the individual time and effort (not to mention generosity) contributed to this exchange by the community as a whole - Kudos to everyone involved.  I can't wait to participate the next time around.

Don't wait till next time...join now:

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1195593/2016-egghead-rub-sauce-exchange/p1
    I'm working on my post count...  I'm still a newbie to the BGE world.
    Jeremiah  |  La Canada Flintridge, CA  |  XL BGE
    "Life is about experiences...  And one of my absolute favorite experiences is FOOD!"
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    nlovold said:

That Lambert's rub is really good. I have a buddy that requests it every time we cook a butt for UGA football games. Great flavor profile.

Well done! 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    @NERVOUS @cazzy is the godfather of the exchange. If he says sign up, you sign up.