Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fastest way to cool down quickly when too hot?

What's the best / fastest way to cool down if you think you've become overheated? 

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    I usually run cold water over my hands, seems to cool me down pretty quick.
    Likewise when I'm cold, doing dishes by hand seems to warm me up even quicker than a hot shower.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    SGH said:

The first thing I do is remove all of my clothing. If I happen to be already naked (and there is a good chance of that) I get under the water hose. 
    Bet the neighbors love that sight of you running through the garden hose nekked!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Cold shower , (naked as previously mentioned)... Followed by 2 bottles of Gatorade from the yeti cooler... Subsequent sitting in front of the fan.... Stating "Luke I am your father"

https://youtu.be/TsI3lFHkU_s
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Ice cold beer!!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102

drink water, ice packs under both arm pits, a couple more between your groin. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Frog Towels help. Use mine a lot. If you're already officially overheated move to shade, cool towels around wrists, neck, head. Most importantly to begin with is to stay well hydrated. Sodas are not your friend. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Hose
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • DieselkW
    DieselkW Posts: 894
    I think maybe everyone misunderstood the nature of your question.

When things get overheated, it's usually caused by friction, so I use a lubricant.

Hope this helps. Really. 

Indianapolis, IN

BBQ is a celebration of culture in America. It is the closest thing we have to the wines and cheeses of Europe. 

Drive a few hundred miles in any direction, and the experience changes dramatically. 

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    @SGH do you play the bongos
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Ice your balls... that will change your perspective in a hurry.

But seriously, I'm an old farm kid. When we would come out of the barn at over 100 degrees, we would soak our forearms in the cattle tank of cold artesian water that came out of the ground at around 50 degrees. That always seemed to help a lot. I wouldn't recommend dumping cold water over your head - could send you into shock.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • Sweet100s
    Sweet100s Posts: 553
    Oh my goodness...
    SGH, remember how I said I wish I were your neighbor? 
    Well, I still do :-).  It's just that my delicate sensibilities might get re-shaped... transformed... mutated...

Cold shower helped.  Followed by ice bags in arm pits and behind neck.  Don't have gatorade.   Had water and now an iced tea with lemon and lime.
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262

Restaurant depot meat cooler.   I'm not kidding.  

Phoenix 
  • rmr62
    rmr62 Posts: 233
    Sweet100s said:
    Oh my goodness...
    SGH, remember how I said I wish I were your neighbor? 
    Well, I still do :-).  It's just that my delicate sensibilities might get re-shaped... transformed... mutated...

Cold shower helped.  Followed by ice bags in arm pits and behind neck.  Don't have gatorade.   Had water and now an iced tea with lemon and lime.
    In the Style of Dixie, lol
    Lagrange, GA   LBGE
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564

I usually just jump in! 
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    I just approach SWMBO.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DieselkW said:
    I think maybe everyone misunderstood the nature of your question.

When things get overheated, it's usually caused by friction, so I use a lubricant.

Hope this helps. Really. 
    Dry hands? (It's Friday.)  =)
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427

This is supposed to cool me off?   =)

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• If you look closely, she kind of has the face of Miley Cyrus.
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,354
    I just think about this...

Jacksonville FL
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    edited July 2016
    @Dobie - that is waaaaay out of bounds even for this thread.  Could turn a train down a dirt road and worse.  Keep that bit-h off the forum, please.  
    Friggin instant gagger reflex here-thanks .  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • jabam
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • dougcrann
    dougcrann Posts: 1,129
    Dobie said:

Now I get to eat again....seeing as how I just puked up my dinner...
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Dobie said:

I would like to kick her in her nuts. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    SGH said:
    Dobie said:

I would like to kick her in her nuts. 
    I laughed out loud reading that. I wasn't expecting that 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • jabam
  • dopey
    dopey Posts: 201
    What I do when I'm black out drunk is none of my business...

John Central CT
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    Fire hydrant 

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Drink cool not cold water, do an ice bucket challenge over your head but pour cold water slowly and make sure you are near a fan that can move some serious air over large swaths of acreage of your bare skin.   Since i weigh 270 finding lots of acres is no problem for me....