Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2016 EggHead Rub & Sauce Exchange

Options
1234568»

Comments

• GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Twas the night before Christmas (errr, something like that, LOL) and I was excited as hell. I found a box on my porch from my favorite elf @Jstroke! This little elf hails from the great state of Ohio and he really knocked it out of the park. I cant wait to try the rubs, sauces, mustard and the bourbon barrel maple syrup. WOOO HOOOO! I need to cook something, but nothing is thawed. This is about the giving spirit and I hope my package live of to the one I received. @Jstroke, thanks a million my egghead brother! I really appreciate the love. Please recommend what I try first and on what protein. 

XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    edited June 2016
    Options
    The chipotle puree seems very interesting. My bad wrong thread. Moving the post to the show off thread. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • annjamaican
    annjamaican Posts: 152
    Options
    I hope we do this again as I missed it and would have loved to participate. 
    - Jamaican living in rural Western Washington
    - Got my first egg (XL) in October 2015
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    @annjamaican, welcome aboard.  cazzy is asking for some non-Texans to join for a 2nd round.  Check out the other thread on the topic.

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1196367/2016-rub-sauce-exchange-show-off-thread/p1

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    stv8r said:
    dang....How do I miss out on all the fun every time?  Check the forum everyday but somehow missed this post?
    Please join!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    GATABITES said:
    Twas the night before Christmas (errr, something like that, LOL) and I was excited as hell. I found a box on my porch from my favorite elf @Jstroke! This little elf hails from the great state of Ohio and he really knocked it out of the park. I cant wait to try the rubs, sauces, mustard and the bourbon barrel maple syrup. WOOO HOOOO! I need to cook something, but nothing is thawed. This is about the giving spirit and I hope my package live of to the one I received. @Jstroke, thanks a million my egghead brother! I really appreciate the love. Please recommend what I try first and on what protein. 

@GATABITES    Trust me.....@Jstroke knows great mustard.  Get busy with some brats or the like....you will find much joy. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • nlovold
    nlovold Posts: 194
    Options
    A huge thank you to @Parkersquared for the awesome gift pack from South Mississippi!  I haven't ever tried any of your selections, so very well done sir.  Can't wait to try the J Lee's sauces from Biloxi!
    I was just saying to the wife the other night that I hoped my Elf was from LA or MS because I'm running low on creole seasoning!  Thanks so much for the generous gift and thanks to @cazzy for this great exchange.  Enjoy the weekend- I know I will now!
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    I feel so bad that UPS stopped my package because of the beers I put in there.  I just had another shipment sent to my draw.  If the UPS investigation leads to them actually coming up with my shipment, I will send it along without the beer this time.

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    Options

So it says delivered.  I have been on the horn with UPS every day.  The "investigation" i tried to open by going through the proper channels did not materialize.  I opened an online chat with UPS every day asking when I could pick my box up to remove the items that violated the rules.  They simply could not find the box and never had answers for me.  So yesterday I tracked it again to see if anything changed and lookie what we have here.  

I am curious if UPS opened it and removed prohibited contents or if they simply did not care and forwarded anyway.  If they opened it, hopefully they packaged everything back up nicely!  
    Grand Rapids MI
  • bgeaddikt
    bgeaddikt Posts: 503
    Options
    kl8ton said:

So it says delivered.  I have been on the horn with UPS every day.  The "investigation" i tried to open by going through the proper channels did not materialize.  I opened an online chat with UPS every day asking when I could pick my box up to remove the items that violated the rules.  They simply could not find the box and never had answers for me.  So yesterday I tracked it again to see if anything changed and lookie what we have here.  

I am curious if UPS opened it and removed prohibited contents or if they simply did not care and forwarded anyway.  If they opened it, hopefully they packaged everything back up nicely!  
    They have a bad record in every aspect at the HUB i worked at here in Austin, Tx. Best wishes and hopefully everything is in tact.
    Austin, Tx
  • Eggingaround
    Eggingaround Posts: 357
    Options
    @kl8ton I received the package last night. Sent an email to you around 10 last night with some details. 
    Mckinney, TX
    LBGE--AR with Rig extender 
    Mini Max
  • kl8ton
    Options
    @Eggingaround

Hmmm. I did not receive. 
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Eggingaround
    Options
    @kl8ton
    That's weird it didn't go through.  MaybeUPS has taken to delivering email also.  :o I'll resend it 
    Mckinney, TX
    Mini Max
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    @kl8ton I received the package last night. Sent an email to you around 10 last night with some details. 
    take some pics and post em in the show off thread!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Eggingaround
    Options
    @cazzy I posted a couple hours ago, it's on page 13 of the thread. That package had a great  journey to say the least
    Mckinney, TX
    Mini Max