Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Six flags cook book from 60's

Options
texaswig
texaswig Posts: 2,682
For those who like old recipe books. @RRP here's some new old ones to try.    http://www.kencollier.org/sixflags/SixFlagsCookbook/cookbookhome.html

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
Greenville Tx

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    We've come a long way since then. Thankfully!
    Fun link. Thanks.
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • texaswig
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL since you been on a bread baking spree. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Options
    Nothing like Brioche French Toast (eggs, milk, cinnamon, vanilla) for breakfast during BREAKFAST Hours. 
  • texaswig
    Options
    I may have to try the brioche since it's hard to find in these parts. 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • yljkt
    yljkt Posts: 799
    Options
    onedbguru said:
    Nothing like Brioche French Toast (eggs, milk, cinnamon, vanilla) for breakfast during BREAKFAST Hours. 
    Whatever they may be...depending on where you live and other things... 
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,894
    Options
    texaswig said:
    For those who like old recipe books. @RRP here's some new old ones to try.    http://www.kencollier.org/sixflags/SixFlagsCookbook/cookbookhome.html
    Thanks, my man! Guess the reason I like recipes from older, printed cook books is many times they are similar to the ones that I grew up loving. I always get a kick when somebody says "they" created a new taste, when so many common cooks/Mothers/whatever created these combinations 50 years before they were even alive! Same way with many popular fast food chains like Chic-fil-A, Steak 'n Shake, Maid Rites and so many others who perfected their recipes and methods years ago. 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • texaswig
    Options
    @RRP your welcome I figured you would get a kick out of it. 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Nice Brioche Share @texaswig
    Thanks!
    So, I've received some stellar news today that I'll share later. Here are some recent cooks I've done (non-BGE). APOLOGIES FOR HIJACK. 
    I have 2 different Sourdough starters...both very active. I make a ton of bread.  Recently my bread game has got a lot better. Practice. Practice. Practice. Wildlife doesn't mind my failed loaves :tongue:
    88% hydration basic white loaf with a 24 hr autolyse on the sponge and 17 hr cold ferment in the banneton. Baked in a Lodge DO. I alternate between directly on a stone, DO & makeshift combo CI cooker. I'm gonna try it in my Finex 12" next. Why not, right. Let cool completely and sliced only as needed use my slicer. 

Some breakfast. I've been cooking breakfast every morning since I've been home on suck (sick) leave. Over medium eggs, bacon & home fries. Bacon & fries were baked. 

My Mother grills a mean steak. She did up some Ribeyes and scalloped taters and had some buttered sourdough w/ it. 

Sammy Game getting stronger. 
    Pan toasted sourdough, over med. eggs, bacon, mashed potato cake w/ dusting of Deez Nuts Pecan Rub w/ provolone layered in. Pretty Dayumn good. Made 2 sets of these. 

Regular store bought toasted white, over med. eggs, bacon, scalloped potato cake and layered in provolone (For my Mother). She said it didn't suck. :smiley:

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Here are the last batch of brioche rolls and loaves I baked on the egg. I've got the recipe in my Black Book (recipes I've been jotting down). 

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • texaswig
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL you have been getting your bake on. those loafs look legit. 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Thanks brotha!  @texaswig

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,894
    Options
    WOWSER, Blake - your baking skills are impressive!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Options
    Gorgeous looking bread.... 
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX