Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2016 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

Options

Comments

• jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    edited June 2016
    Options

The one I sent is scheduled to be delivered today. I am on pins and needles both waiting for that one to be delivered and to get the one sent to me....

Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    Options
    Delivering today. 

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    cazzy said:
    kl8ton said:
    Just tracked my shipment.  Not sure how this will play out.  It says they are going to hold it here in MI for me to pick up but then it arrived in Dallas?  Maybe they will make recipient go to UPS hub and present ID?  They must have opened it to know there was alcohol in there right?

It will play out exactly how it reads.  Speed up the process and contact UPS.  You'll have to visit the main UPS shipping center and pick up your package.  You might be able to remove the alcohol and resend during your visit.  Good luck!
    Chatting with UPS right now.  Tracking shows it is in Dallas TX.  I am in MI.  It would be difficult to pick up.  Unless it is still in MI, I can go get it.

I was half asleep when I saw it the first time...i see now that after the hold, it went on to the destination.  Maybe they just decided to drink the alcohol and sent it on.   =)
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • bgeaddikt
    bgeaddikt Posts: 503
    Options
    I am new to all of this and am realizing now i missed out and its an exhange between forum members? Sounds like an amazing idea and sucks i missed out!!! :s
    Austin, Tx
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    cazzy said:
    kl8ton said:
    cazzy said:
    kl8ton said:
    Just tracked my shipment.  Not sure how this will play out.  It says they are going to hold it here in MI for me to pick up but then it arrived in Dallas?  Maybe they will make recipient go to UPS hub and present ID?  They must have opened it to know there was alcohol in there right?

It will play out exactly how it reads.  Speed up the process and contact UPS.  You'll have to visit the main UPS shipping center and pick up your package.  You might be able to remove the alcohol and resend during your visit.  Good luck!
    Chatting with UPS right now.  Tracking shows it is in Dallas TX.  I am in MI.  It would be difficult to pick up.  Unless it is still in MI, I can go get it.

I was half asleep when I saw it the first time...i see now that after the hold, it went on to the destination.  Maybe they just decided to drink the alcohol and sent it on.   =)
    The UPS hub that has it is supposed to call me.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • cazzy
    Options
    bgeaddikt said:
    I am new to all of this and am realizing now i missed out and its an exhange between forum members? Sounds like an amazing idea and sucks i missed out!!! :s
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    By the way I think it bears mentioning that prior to joining this enlightened forum I never would have thought that I would read something like "Today is a great day eggheads!  This afternoon I received a taste of New Jersey!" - and take it seriously.  As someone who has lived in Florida, North Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas all my life I was a BBQ snob who couldn't have imagined anything good related to BBQ coming out of New Jersey - or a variety of other places in the north.  However, this forum has repeatedly educated me about great food/drink/etc from all over such that when I read that phrase I didn't scoff at it - I actually just got curious and thought "I need to look into that".

So, thank you to the Egghead community for helping me overcome at least a small portion of my ignorance.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    bgeaddikt said:
    I think, in addition to all the giving and receiving, is the getting to form new friendships with other members who you wouldn't normally interact with.

Actually, I think that's the BEST part.
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • bgeaddikt
    Options
    SoCalTim said:
    bgeaddikt said:
    I think, in addition to all the giving and receiving, is the getting to form new friendships with other members who you wouldn't normally interact with.

Actually, I think that's the BEST part.
    Yes! Such a generous offer between everybody. Where or how do i sign up?
    Austin, Tx
  • Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    cazzy said:
    kl8ton said:
    cazzy said:
    kl8ton said:

The UPS hub that has it is supposed to call me.  

Good chance they just removed to booze and sent the package.
    Apollo Beach, FL
  • bgeaddikt
    Options
    I think i joined. If there's anybody out there who hasnt signed up or been paired im more then happy to send some local stuff. Not looking for anything in return, just the experience.
    Austin, Tx
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    Good news, my package has now arrived in the US.  Canada Post can go on strike now if they want.

Options
    Foghorn said:
    In my bragging about all the great stuff I received, I forgot to thank cazzy for putting this together.

THANK YOU.
    About time you started thinking about someone other than yourself!!!!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • tonyled
    tonyled Posts: 536
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    By the way I think it bears mentioning that prior to joining this enlightened forum I never would have thought that I would read something like "Today is a great day eggheads!  This afternoon I received a taste of New Jersey!" - and take it seriously.  As someone who has lived in Florida, North Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas all my life I was a BBQ snob who couldn't have imagined anything good related to BBQ coming out of New Jersey - or a variety of other places in the north.  However, this forum has repeatedly educated me about great food/drink/etc from all over such that when I read that phrase I didn't scoff at it - I actually just got curious and thought "I need to look into that".

So, thank you to the Egghead community for helping me overcome at least a small portion of my ignorance.
    agree, i also had the same preconceived notions. 

my match is from maryland and out for delivery today.  i cant wait to get home!!!
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Thanks for putting it together @cazzy its always fun. 

Little Rock, AR

• HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    paqman said:
    Good news, my package has now arrived in the US.  Canada Post can go on strike now if they want.
    Oh good. That means my package is almost here.  =)
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    bgeaddikt said:
    I think i joined. If there's anybody out there who hasnt signed up or been paired im more then happy to send some local stuff. Not looking for anything in return, just the experience.
    @bgeaddikt
    I didn't sign up either, but I'd be happy to do an exchange with you - I could have a package out next week but probably not arrived by the 4th
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • bgeaddikt
    Options
    @Blind99 PM me your info and i can start shopping around. Let me know interests in regards to tastes/sauces/brews/dislikes, allergies, etc. No rush on delivery. I have never been so excited to by BBQ stuff and its not even for me! Great idea @cazzy
    Austin, Tx
  • Foghorn
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    In my bragging about all the great stuff I received, I forgot to thank cazzy for putting this together.

THANK YOU.
    About time you started thinking about someone other than yourself!!!!

Touche @GATraveller.

Clearly my chastising of the Georgia eggheads for being late on getting their shipments out was just a thinly veiled whine about how my stuff hadn't arrived yet...

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• tgs2401
    tgs2401 Posts: 423
    Options
    The trick for shipping liquids, so I have heard, is to put a box of tic tacs in the package to cover the sound of liquid sloshing around.
    One large BGE in Louisville, KY.
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    paqman said:
    Oh good. That means my package is almost here.  =)
    @HofstraJet Maybe, maybe not.  Who knows? :)

Options

@bgeaddikt sounds good, will do

@cazzy can you pair us up? I signed up on the elfster.  thank you!

Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • cazzy
    Options
    bgeaddikt said:
    @Blind99 PM me your info and i can start shopping around. Let me know interests in regards to tastes/sauces/brews/dislikes, allergies, etc. No rush on delivery. I have never been so excited to by BBQ stuff and its not even for me! Great idea @cazzy
    No, sign up on Elfster and I will match all the later comers.
  • cazzy
    Options
    blind99 said:

@bgeaddikt sounds good, will do

@cazzy can you pair us up? I signed up on the elfster.  thank you!

Just sign up on Elfster and I will work it out.  Feel free to start shopping.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I have enough BBQ sauce and rub to last 3 years between @dldawes1 from last year and @shtgunal3 this go round.

Thanks to both of you guys and @cazzy for setting this up.  

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    I have enough BBQ sauce and rub to last 3 years between @dldawes1 from last year and @shtgunal3 this go round.

Thanks to both of you guys and @cazzy for setting this up.  
    Well then you clearly don't cook enough. :)
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• JMCXL
    JMCXL Posts: 1,524
    Options
    Just in time...  So I was getting ready to back for vacation when this arrived.  Thanks a million Damian "Hondabbq"!!!

The Maple Leaf will come for at least one cook (ok maybe 2) and I am currently picking out which flavors of Bon Vivant to bring.  This is just like Christmas.  The box was SOOOOO big.

The Great White North hits a home run.

Thanks Jay

Northern New Jersey
     XL - Woo2, AR      L (2) - Woo, PS Woo     MM (2) - Woo       MINI

Check out https://www.grillingwithpapaj.com for some fun and more Grilling with Papa (incase you haven't gotten enough of me)

Also, check out my YouTube Page
    https://www.youtube.com/c/grillingwithpapaj

Follow me on Facebook 
    https://www.facebook.com/GrillingPapaJ/

• Foghorn
    Options
    You got a lump of coal?

San Antonio, TX

• hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options
    JMCXL said:
    Just in time...  So I was getting ready to back for vacation when this arrived.  Thanks a million Damian "Hondabbq"!!!

The Maple Leaf will come for at least one cook (ok maybe 2) and I am currently picking out which flavors of Bon Vivant to bring.  This is just like Christmas.  The box was SOOOOO big.

The Great White North hits a home run.

Thanks Jay

I'm glad you like it. 
    The sauces are definitely different and eclectic but they are good for changing it up sometimes. 

Happy grilling my friend.