Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jack Daniels Smoke Pellets

Options
Dublin Dawg
Dublin Dawg Posts: 96
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just passing along a great product I came across at Wal-Mart. Jack Daniels smoker pellets. They are made from charcoal made from the whiskey barrels they use at the distillery to age the whiskey. You just wrap a few Tablespoons in a foil pouch, punch a few holes and throw them on the fire. No soaking like chips. Gives a good smoke flavor. They sell them in a black bag by the BBQ grills.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Dublin Dawg, I tried the J.Daniels last nite for the first time doing a T-Rex on some steaks...Since there was such a short time involved, I just threw a few tablespoons directly on the fire & it worked great...will try the foil thing for a low & slow cook this weekend...thanks

• SuperDave
    SuperDave Posts: 319
    Options
    I've tried them both ways, and they work pretty good. If you really want the Jack Daniels flavor though, buy some of the smoking chips soaked in the barrels. They retain the spirits and smell really good, dang! I need a drink! Not that I have a problem with that or anything! lol..[p]Good stuff!
  • Squeeze
    Squeeze Posts: 717
    Options
    SuperDave,
    Those pellets are actually sawdust from the barrels made by the BBQrsDelight company. Awesome company with an awesome product. The chips (JD) are barrel chips. That is they are made from the whiskey barrels. Use them sparingly on beef as the smoke will overpower most everything else, but on a steak, you can't be beat.[p]

Kevin Jacques
    The University of Que L.L.C. ®
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!