Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Radio Ad

Options
I heard a radio ad today (06/28/2016) for BGE featuring Ray Lampe.  I've never heard a radio ad for eggs before and thought it was interesting the mothership is launching an ad campaign.
Flint, Michigan

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Brother Fred, I find it kind of odd that as popular as the BGE is, I have never seen or heard a BGE commercial on TV, news paper or the radio. I guess they sale on folks recommendations. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    not sure where you live, but it must be a BIG market for BGE based on sales history. OTOH it could be a "canned ad" on local radio paid by a local dealer or dealers.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Heard it today on Sirius radio- was surprised as well

Must be doing well or wanting to grow- could add to Friday night fun
    Greensboro, NC
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    RRP said:
    not sure where you live, but it must be a BIG market for BGE based on sales history. OTOH it could be a "canned ad" on local radio paid by a local dealer or dealers.
    I was listening to a station out of Detroit.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    One of my local egg dealer is now selling Primo and KJ's too. I thought that was strange. 

Little Rock, AR

• SunDeviledEgg
    Options
    One of my local egg dealer is now selling Primo and KJ's too. I thought that was strange. 
    Congo?
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    I always get a kick out of seeing their ad in Saveur, haven't heard the radio ad living here in Egg central.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    They also helped sponsor that MLB game @Mickey attended, which I thought was odd.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Darby_Crenshaw Posts: 2,657
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Was he mentioning the part where "all your neighbors are laughing at you for cooking on one"? (Paraphrasing)

:)

was a time they didn't have to pay him to say things about the egg. Except they weren't good things. Hahaha

all water under the bridge tho. Was a long time ago 

[social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    RRP said:
    That's Chemenia territory there. =)
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    RRP said:
    That's Chemenia territory there. =)
    I have one of those unicorns.
    Flint, Michigan
  • cook861
    cook861 Posts: 872
    Options
    One of the local radio station here have radio spots for the BGE
    Trenton ON 1 mbge for now
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    He probably got booted and is selling out his existing egg inventory. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Congo?
    Yep. They have a commercial now that shows all three brands lined up. 

Little Rock, AR

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    I hear them all the time on the radio, of course I live in Hotlanta!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • ChrisgrillsSTLMO
    Options
    I have heard some radio ads in St. Louis that I thought were sponsored by one of the local dealers (Hackmann Lumber) but I also saw a BGE ad on an electronic billboard that appeared to have no sponsor, just an ad. Perhaps a shift in the marketing strategy of the Mothership?

Cheers,

Chris
    St. Louis, MO
    Unit 1: LBGE, cedar table Unit 2:Akorn