Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2016 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

Options

Comments

• charliebatutis
    Options
    Note to self: put more effort into the letter next year....
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    Options
    Sent my package today and should arrive on Thursday. I hope the contents make it uneventful. LOL 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    Options
    Sent my package today and should arrive on Thursday. I hope the contents make it uneventful. LOL 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    Somebody in Texas is gonna get theirs soon !!!  I mailed it Monday. 2-Day delivery.

Hope you like some KY Specialties !!!

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Eggdicted_Dawgfan Posts: 1,896
    edited June 2016
    Options
    shucker said:
    Waiting on my doorstep when I got home was a nice package from @Eggdicted_Dawgfan  Jeff, you absolutely outdid yourself dude!  Everything was packaged very well and arrived safe and sound.  Your note mentioned that you figured I had tried most of the stuff you sent.  In all honesty I can tell you that I've never tried a single thing other than the Bad Byron's Butt Rub.  And in my opinion, nobody can ever have too much Butt Rub, so that was an awesome pick.  I'm especially pumped about the Lane's stuff because I've never had any of it.  Came close to ordering multiple times, but never have.  I've had some of Meat Church's products, but not the ones you sent,  Can't wait to try those!  The sauces you sent are right up my alley, never heard of the Hank's before, but anything with Habenero and Pineapple cant be bad.  The balsamic glaze looks awesome, I've got some fresh mahi that I'm sure will pair perfect with it.  We make a lot of sausage our of competition pork butt trimmings, so the Andouille seasoning will be put to good use.  Lastly, fajitas are a favorite of the family.  Never heard of the seasoning you sent but I'm super excited to try it out.  This is an awesome package and I am so thankful for the thought, time, and money you put into it.  This rub and sauce exchange is one of the highlights of my year and you did not disappoint.  A sincere thank you goes to you my friend!!!
    @shucker I'm glad everything made it safe. Thank @Foghorn as I reused his packing material to make sure it arrived safe. Please keep me posted as to your favorites as you use them. I have not tried most of them myself. I hope you enjoy everything! This has been a pleasure to be a part of and I look forward to next year. 

I havent  read all the posts as I am just returning to town but I saw someone possibly didn't get a package. I would be happy to send some things his way if that's the case. Please let me know @cazzy and thank you for putting on this great show.

Jeff
    Snellville, GA

• JMCXL
    JMCXL Posts: 1,524
    Options
    mailed on Monday for Wednesday delivery... =)
    Northern New Jersey
     XL - Woo2, AR      L (2) - Woo, PS Woo     MM (2) - Woo       MINI

Check out https://www.grillingwithpapaj.com for some fun and more Grilling with Papa (incase you haven't gotten enough of me)

Also, check out my YouTube Page
    https://www.youtube.com/c/grillingwithpapaj

Follow me on Facebook 
    https://www.facebook.com/GrillingPapaJ/

• ChillyWillis
    ChillyWillis Posts: 893
    Options
    ...and mine should arrive by Friday
  • KKorkmaz
    KKorkmaz Posts: 150
    Options
    @fiver29 Whoops, forgot to include my forum handle in the letter, glad the package includes items which are new to you, my main intent was to find products specific to my market and I'm happy to hear that everything is new to you! Let me know if you have questions about the rubs/sauces and please share what you cook with them on the forum!
    Chicago, Illinois
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    @greedygoat. My apologies, I forgot to include the BGE tote bag in the picture. Thank you again. Awesome job. Decide to try pork butt burnt ends with the Cactus dust this weekend. Can't wait. 
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,338
    Options
    @Greedygoat Nice looking package you sent. Where did you get that Everglades stuff and the South Beach pork rub? The pork rub look great. I'm in Coral Springs. Thanks!
    question where do you all go to buy these rubs etc? not many bbq places around me
    I can't speak for the other's nor did I participate, but Amazon is where I acquire most of my rubs/sauces. I'm a fan of the Everglades seasoning!
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    shucker said:
    Waiting on my doorstep when I got home was a nice package from @Eggdicted_Dawgfan  Jeff, you absolutely outdid yourself dude!  Everything was packaged very well and arrived safe and sound.  Your note mentioned that you figured I had tried most of the stuff you sent.  In all honesty I can tell you that I've never tried a single thing other than the Bad Byron's Butt Rub.  And in my opinion, nobody can ever have too much Butt Rub, so that was an awesome pick.  I'm especially pumped about the Lane's stuff because I've never had any of it.  Came close to ordering multiple times, but never have.  I've had some of Meat Church's products, but not the ones you sent,  Can't wait to try those!  The sauces you sent are right up my alley, never heard of the Hank's before, but anything with Habenero and Pineapple cant be bad.  The balsamic glaze looks awesome, I've got some fresh mahi that I'm sure will pair perfect with it.  We make a lot of sausage our of competition pork butt trimmings, so the Andouille seasoning will be put to good use.  Lastly, fajitas are a favorite of the family.  Never heard of the seasoning you sent but I'm super excited to try it out.  This is an awesome package and I am so thankful for the thought, time, and money you put into it.  This rub and sauce exchange is one of the highlights of my year and you did not disappoint.  A sincere thank you goes to you my friend!!!
    @shucker I'm glad everything made it safe. Thank @Foghorn as I reused his packing material to make sure it arrived safe. Please keep me posted as to your favorites as you use them. I have not tried most of them myself. I hope you enjoy everything! This has been a pleasure to be a part of and I look forward to next year. 

I havent  read all the posts as I am just returning to town but I saw someone possibly didn't get a package. I would be happy to send some things his way if that's the case. Please let me know @cazzy and thank you for putting on this great show.

Jeff

I'm glad the packing is getting well used.  Way to recycle @Eggdicted_Dawgfan

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    edited June 2016
    Options
    A TEXAS size box appeared Mon from Scott Collins,"Proser" in Arlington TX. Shipping label said 23 #'s but felt like  many more.  since I felt a loong evening coming on to open and eggamine all I broke out some of my favorite rum.  Pyrat from Guyana. Not sure how to post comments with pics so will just say they were a VERY WELL received surprise with over 30 items to eggjoy in the coming months. THANK YOU EGGSTREMELY FOR THE KIND GESTURE.
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    edited June 2016
    Options
  • gmac
    Options
    This
    Holy s#%+ that's a lot of stuff. Now I am feeling cheap :) great job @Proser
  • gmac
    Options
    Mine went via courier today. There is a postal strike looming in Canada and I would hate to have it sitting in the post office for a month. Here's hoping the border guards don't look too closely because I doubt I was supposed to send beer and wood across the border. 
    Worst case, I guess I get it back and have to send another package. Actually worst is they drink the beer at the border. 
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    gmac said:
    This
    Holy s#%+ that's a lot of stuff. Now I am feeling cheap :) great job
    @Proser

yep, me too

Little Rock, AR

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    gmac said:
    Mine went via courier today. There is a postal strike looming in Canada and I would hate to have it sitting in the post office for a month. Here's hoping the border guards don't look too closely because I doubt I was supposed to send beer and wood across the border. 
    Worst case, I guess I get it back and have to send another package. Actually worst is they drink the beer at the border. 
    And fire up the grill and use up your rubs and sauces!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options
    gmac said:
    This
    Holy s#%+ that's a lot of stuff. Now I am feeling cheap :) great job
    @Proser

yep, me too

Yeah, I suck...
    Apollo Beach, FL
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Mine went out today for a Friday delivery!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Christmas in June?!?!  Dog started going crazy at the door and look what was left there. Thank you so much @charliebatutis for everything. They all look great and I can't wait to try them this weekend.   My father in law used to live in Kimberling City so I will have to see if he is familiar with everything. Thanks again!  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Thanks again @cazzy for setting this all up. I'm hooked. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • JMCXL
    JMCXL Posts: 1,524
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Today is a great day eggheads!  This afternoon i received a taste of New Jersey!  A big thanks to @JMCXL for a very well assembled box of goodness.  All arrived safely and in tact.  The instant i opened the box i could smell heat.  I am very excited to give all of this a try.  I have not seen nor heard of any of the products that were sent.  Jay included a nice letter describing the area he lives and where he shops for local goodness.  Thanks again Jay!    I can't wait to try each and every one of these items.  They all look to be right up my alley.  Jay was even thoughtful enough to send me desert and a magazine about food in the state of New Jersey.  Thanks to @cazzy  for organizing this.  

so happy it all arrive safe. enjoy...  This was a blast, will start collecting for next year!
    Northern New Jersey
     XL - Woo2, AR      L (2) - Woo, PS Woo     MM (2) - Woo       MINI

Check out https://www.grillingwithpapaj.com for some fun and more Grilling with Papa (incase you haven't gotten enough of me)

Also, check out my YouTube Page
    https://www.youtube.com/c/grillingwithpapaj

Follow me on Facebook 
    https://www.facebook.com/GrillingPapaJ/

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I received a late afternoon delivery from UPS....thanks to Jeff @jabam 's kindness and generosity. What made this shipment so fantastic to me was they were personal favorites....and that is what it's all about to me. In addition to sauces and rubs, Jeff included some nuts grown by the company he works for.  Jeff offered to assist with any restocking of favored items, which further extends his generosity. I am greatful for all the rubs, sauces, nuts, specialty items and thought put into this gift. What fun it will be to explore new flavors in my egging expierence. 

Jeff, I sincerely appreciate all you have done for me. I look forward to keeping in touch with you as I work my way through them all.

let me add a big thanks to @cazzy for all the work put into this exchange. What great fun this has been both on the giving and receiving side. 

I I hope you all have a great weekend.....happy smoking. 
    I would like to follow up with a shout out to Jeff @jabam who sent me some assorted nuts (and choc covered nuts) grown by the company he works for. Let me just say that they are were outstanding. Please pass along my enjoyment to those within your company.....and again, thanks for the generous package. Looking forward to the long weekend to get further into these treats. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Cookbook_Chip
    Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
    Options
    Whoo-hoo!  This is so much fun I can't stand it. Got home all beat from work and there's a big box from @Phatchris on the counter!  Dude!  I kept thinking I had hit the bottom of the box, then 2 more things, then more!  Cannot wait to try Vermont beef sticks!  Franklin's sauces, too cool. And I love pepper jellies, so the pepper relish should rock burgers this weekend. And SWMBO already stole the Mexican chocolate. Chowder,yum. Lots of fun rubs, sauces and noshes. Thank you!  Hey- tell me more about the lobster seasoning!  Thanks @cazzy too for the exchange!
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    gmac said:
    @gmac I know the feeling... My package has been sitting in the post office between the evening of June 23rd and late in the evening of June 27th.  It is now making progress and it looks like it is waiting at the international hub.  It has to fly before end of day tomorrow or else I don't know what will happen with it...