Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2016 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

Options

Comments

• Greedygoat
    Greedygoat Posts: 134
    Options
    gmac said:
    Yesterday I did something that Rosco P Coltrane never did. I got the Dukes!!!

A Great package arrived at my door from Boca Raton.  Thank you so much @Greedygoat for all of the amazing items. I have never had any of these and will definitely be giving a few of them a go this weekend. I'm now planning the long weekend cooks around the items.  Cant wait to crack into those hot sauces although I think that the habanero one scares me a bit :)

Everything was obviously in perfect order, great job packaging.  Hard to fit it all into one picture. 

Thanks again. 

You are welcome @gmac I had a great time shopping for the items, I hope you enjoy them.  Really glad everything showed up in one piece.
    XL and a Mini-Max.
    Boca Raton, FL
  • Greedygoat
    Greedygoat Posts: 134
    Options
    @Greedygoat Nice looking package you sent. Where did you get that Everglades stuff and the South Beach pork rub? The pork rub look great. I'm in Coral Springs. Thanks!

Thanks @HofstraJet  You can find the Everglades rubs at Publix.  They are out of Sebring, FL.

The South Beach Pork Rub and the Orange Infused Olive Oil came from my Egg Dealer, Culinary Concepts in Pompano Beach (Federal Highway just South of Atlantic Blvd).  It's a must stop for any Egghead in South Florida.  If you stop by on a Saturday afternoon you can usually get something to eat right of the eggs out in front of the store and a cold draft compliments of the very friendly folks there at Culinary Concepts.
    XL and a Mini-Max.
    Boca Raton, FL
  • tonyled
    tonyled Posts: 536
    Options
    question where do you all go to buy these rubs etc? not many bbq places around me
    probly 3/4 of mine came from regular grocery store
  • vegas slim
    vegas slim Posts: 92
    Options
    tonyled said:
    question where do you all go to buy these rubs etc? not many bbq places around me
    probly 3/4 of mine came from regular grocery store
    i need to find a different store!! ty for the info
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    i need to find a different store!! ty for the info
    If you have even a remotely touristy area around you, there will be a shop that sells hot sauce.  And those shops also usually sell local rubs and sauces.  Good luck!
    LBGE/Maryland
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    gmac said:
    Yesterday I did something that Rosco P Coltrane never did. I got the Dukes!!!

A Great package arrived at my door from Boca Raton.  Thank you so much @Greedygoat for all of the amazing items. I have never had any of these and will definitely be giving a few of them a go this weekend. I'm now planning the long weekend cooks around the items.  Cant wait to crack into those hot sauces although I think that the habanero one scares me a bit :)

Everything was obviously in perfect order, great job packaging.  Hard to fit it all into one picture. 

Thanks again. 
    @Greedygoat nice package (let me re-phrase that)....nice loot you sent there. I am sure @gmac will enjoy those.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    @vegas slim

My butcher carries a lot of local stuff.  My Egg dealer makes their own.  Farmers markets sell 90% local stuff.  My mechanic actually carries a favorite of my family.  He sells it for his brother who makes seasonings on the side.

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    @vegas slim

My butcher carries a lot of local stuff.  My Egg dealer makes their own.  Farmers markets sell 90% local stuff.  My mechanic actually carries a favorite of my family.  He sells it for his brother who makes seasonings on the side.

Same here....butcher, I order direct from some BBQ places and also go to some....which means i have to eat while i am picking up. I agree with the Farmers Market also. Looking ahead to next year.....when you see something throughout the year....grab it.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • vegas slim
    vegas slim Posts: 92
    Options
    great replies ty very much :)
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    After waiting in line at the post office for 20 minutes they announce the system is down! I guess mine will go out tomorrow.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    After waiting in line at the post office for 20 minutes they announce the system is down! I guess mine will go out tomorrow.

I just experienced the exact same thing at the post office down from my office.  

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • JRWhitee
    Options
    JRWhitee said:

I just experienced the exact same thing at the post office down from my office. I was in Buckhead

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    What is it with all the Georgia eggheads being so late and making excuses?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• JRWhitee
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    What is it with all the Georgia eggheads being so late and making excuses?
    Who is late? I thought by July 4th was the date.  =)

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • GATraveller
    Options
    I'm late?

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Mine went out yesterday. Wanted to send more but ran outta time. May do a second box in a week or two. 

In my hurry I forgot a note. 

Little Rock, AR

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    I'm late?

Not by Georgia standards apparently.

(Just to be clear - I'm just poking fun at you guys.  I can't imagine anybody is really going to care what day their package arrives)

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Angus1978
    Angus1978 Posts: 390
    Options
    I'm getting a resupply of Rubs and Sauces from my favorite dealer....my package should go out tomorrow or Thursday.
    LBGE and Primo XL Plano TX All right all right alllll riight
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    Options
    Came home from work this afternoon and my box was waiting... Big time score thanks to @Hook_emHornsfan_74
    I've only tried the Franklin's and SaltLick  sauces, so can't wait to try everything.
    thanks again awesome package!
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Phatchris said:
    Came home from work this afternoon and my box was waiting... Big time score thanks to @Hook_emHornsfan_74
    I've only tried the Franklin's and SaltLick  sauces, so can't wait to try everything.
    thanks again awesome package!

Glad you like it.  Sorry about the wonderful letter.  This is my first time doing this.  Hope you enjoy.  Let me know if you have any questions.  The Fiesta rubs are some of my fav. go to's for quick meals.  They are from San Antonio.  The Uncle Chris's is my favorite.  Great on steaks.   
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • tonyled
    tonyled Posts: 536
    Options
    im going to have to try this uncle chris's as several here have mentioned it
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    It is good stuff, salt, pepper, garlic, and parsley if I am not mistaken.    
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • GATraveller
    Options
    I think the secret ingredient in Uncle Chris' is butter buds......great on anything beef!!

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options
    I'm wondering how long it's going to take me to put my stash away.  I keep staring at it and feel like the father and his leg lamp in  A Christmas Story....
    Apollo Beach, FL
  • Cookbook_Chip
    Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
    Options
    and shipped mine via UPS today!  Someone's gonna be happy on Thursday!
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Wardster said:
    I'm wondering how long it's going to take me to put my stash away.  I keep staring at it and feel like the father and his leg lamp in  A Christmas Story....
    It's a major award!
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited June 2016
    Options
    For the record guys...your package was supposed to be mailed by June 27th so they could use their new stuff during their 4th of July cooks.  

If your package isn't slated to arrive by Friday/Saturday, please let me know.  You can anonymously message your draw on Elfster.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • JRWhitee
    Options
    Mine is going priority, it will be there.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    hondabbq said:
    Here is my lot. No note of any kind, I just know it came from Amarillo Texas. 
    Ive never made jerky before, so I guess I'll be trying a batch. 

Great job, @cactus_darrell!!!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....