Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2016 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

Options

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Well, my cabinets are still so full from last year I didn't participate.  Dumbass me. Nice job guys. 
  • bayouegger
    bayouegger Posts: 287
    Options
    Got my box on Friday and just WOW!  Great stuff.  Already tried the Feather and Fowl rub on some chix last night.  Came out really tasty.   Looking forward to trying all of it!  Love Old Bay and I had no clue they had a rub!  Thanks! Thank you Adam!  Not sure what your screen name is but thanks for everything!  Love the shirt too!

Steve

• HendersonTRKing
    HendersonTRKing Posts: 1,803
    Options
    Got my box on Friday and just WOW!  Great stuff.  Already tried the Feather and Fowl rub on some chix last night.  Came out really tasty.   Looking forward to trying all of it!  Love Old Bay and I had no clue they had a rub!  Thanks! Thank you Adam!  Not sure what your screen name is but thanks for everything!  Love the shirt too!

Steve

So glad you liked it!  I had a ball collecting Delaware's finest, adding in some family favorites and packing in some stuff I've been wanting to try (Bought my own Sriracha Salt, but haven't used it yet . . .)

[And since you asked, the screen name is literary -- short for Henderson the Rain King.  It's the adventure of a middle-aged guy who seemingly has everything, but is plagued by a voice that says "I want, I want, I want."  Strange how the words haven't changed but it reads a bit different now than it did when I first picked it up in my 20's!]

Cheers!
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • charliebatutis
    Options
    cazzy said:
    shtgunal3 said:
    @charliebatutis nope never had it. I'm from north/central Alabama
    Me either...which is why we do interstate trading.  What's common to you is likely not common to me!
    Wow. This makes me more excited to for box of goodies!
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options

So glad you liked it!  I had a ball collecting Delaware's finest, adding in some family favorites and packing in some stuff I've been wanting to try...
    STARBOARD!!!!  Love that bar.
    Cool to see it on the forum.
    LBGE/Maryland
  • Budgeezer
    Budgeezer Posts: 669
    Options
    @KiterTodd  thanks so much for the very generous selection of sauces and rubs!   I can't wait to start sampling them.   The Muskrat Love will most likely be first,  followed by the honey habanero barbecue sauce.   Can't wait for the long weekend to check them out. Thanks again!   Also a shout out to @cazzy for organizing this exchange again.   
    Edina, MN

• KiterTodd
    Options
    Budgeezer said:
    @KiterTodd  thanks so much for the very generous selection of sauces and rubs!   I can't wait to start sampling them.   The Muskrat Love will most likely be first,  followed by the honey habanero barbecue sauce... 
    Enjoy!  Glad they all found their way to you safe and sound.
    LBGE/Maryland
  • KKorkmaz
    KKorkmaz Posts: 150
    Options
    Woohoo! Super excited to get my package today. Many thanks to forum member Chad "Steel_Egg" A., from Pittsburg PA!!!

I'm super excited about everything I received! It's clear that Chad used the info I provided in my Wish List when making his selections.

I've seen Meat Church rubs on the forum a lot lately and can't wait to try them out. The Dizzy Dust Fajitaish arrived just in time for this week's Taco Night! I've been on a Chicken Wing run lately as I may be most excited to try the Arizona Ranch Hot & Spicy chicken wing sauce!

And finally...BGE Salt and Pepper shakers, love it!!! I can finally compete with wifey and her collection of cat S&P shakers, she's well on her way to becoming THE kooky cat lady. 

Chicago, Illinois
  • steel_egg
    steel_egg Posts: 295
    Options
    KKorkmaz said:
    Woohoo! Super excited to get my package today. Many thanks to forum member Chad "Steel_Egg" A., from Pittsburg PA!!!

I'm super excited about everything I received! It's clear that Chad used the info I provided in my Wish List when making his selections.

I've seen Meat Church rubs on the forum a lot lately and can't wait to try them out. The Dizzy Dust Fajitaish arrived just in time for this week's Taco Night! I've been on a Chicken Wing run lately as I may be most excited to try the Arizona Ranch Hot & Spicy chicken wing sauce!

And finally...BGE Salt and Pepper shakers, love it!!! I can finally compete with wifey and her collection of cat S&P shakers, she's well on her way to becoming THE kooky cat lady. 

I hope that enjoy them as much as I do!  This year of participating has given me ideas for next year!
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Seems like everyone has taken this exchange to heart! Love all the specialty items being sent around the egg nation. Just proves once again that the egg nation is made of the best people on earth!  I don't personally know anyone on this forum, but I feel like we are all family! Way to go eggers!!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Our new guys are bringing it!!!  Keep it up!!   B)
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Mclayborn79
    Options
    What happens if someone doesn't send a package? I am sure that has happened before. 
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    What happens if someone doesn't send a package? I am sure that has happened before. 
    Why?  Do you have a concern?  PM me please.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    My cupboards, closet and plastic tote are still packed from last seasons exchange. Plus I use my custom towels a boat load. This is an awesome group of folks in our little community... Twisted humor, deranged, convoluted, sarcastic but, willing to give advice, financial help and yes rubs, sauces and gadgets. Sorry I didn't participate. Perhaps next year. And Once Again....Give it up for ONE HELLAVA MC @cazzyfor continuing this tradition. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited June 2016
    Options

cazzy said:

Sure it could happen. Remember that guy @cazzy ?

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • steel_egg
    steel_egg Posts: 295
    Options
    I would happily volunteer to send someone a couple items if they got nothing. I'm sure there would be a few others who join me in helping someone out this way. 
  • Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options
    Aw yeah!   Got my box from @bayouegger!!!  Lots of good stuff I can't wait to try.  Love Orleans food.  Had to open and taste the poultry seasoning.  I've never tasted anything like it before, amazing.  My dilemma is which one to try first.   Thanks man!   Props to cazzy for organizing.  Lots of fun!
    Apollo Beach, FL
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    edited June 2016
    Options
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Here is my lot. No note of any kind, I just know it came from Amarillo Texas. 
    Ive never made jerky before, so I guess I'll be trying a batch. 

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    What a great package that arrived at my office today. @shtgunal3 went above and beyond! So excited to get some protein smokin so I have a vehicle to help some these incredible products travel into my belly. 

Thank you so much for all the stuff.  I'm blown away.

And thank you @cazzy for setting this up once again.  It's such a blast.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    KiterTodd said:
    It happened to me in 2014.  Work got crazy.  Family demands.  Slipped my mind.
    Got some PMs from @cazzy but they went into my spam folder.
    Days passed.
    He called in the forum muscle...
    It was a Tuesday morning.  I was late for work.  Kids dressed for school.  My little girl had on her Hello Kitty sneakers and my son was just putting on his Diego backpack when my wife opened the door...
    ...there was blood everywhere.
    Hanging from the roof, limbs askew, hooves still caked in mud,
    @SGH had butchered a wild boar on on our front porch.  He didn't sign his name or anything, but I knew it was him.  All the prime cuts were taken.  Muscle was expertly cleaved from the bone.  He even took the fat and organs with him leaving only an empty bottle of Crown Royal tossed to the side.
    The horror.
    I've mailed my package every year since.  Sometimes two.
    A classic post. I needed that laugh this morning.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    @GATraveller That Bob Gibson's white sauce is killer on chicken wings.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    @GATraveller That Bob Gibson's white sauce is killer on chicken wings.
    I've always heard that and wanted to try some but never purchased any....one of the many reasons I LOVE this exchange.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    Yesterday I did something that Rosco P Coltrane never did. I got the Dukes!!!

A Great package arrived at my door from Boca Raton.  Thank you so much @Greedygoat for all of the amazing items. I have never had any of these and will definitely be giving a few of them a go this weekend. I'm now planning the long weekend cooks around the items.  Cant wait to crack into those hot sauces although I think that the habanero one scares me a bit :)

Everything was obviously in perfect order, great job packaging.  Hard to fit it all into one picture. 

Thanks again. 
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • KiterTodd
    Options
    @gmac that Gator hot sauce you have there is one of my favorites.  Flavorful, salty, just hot enough but doesn't burn your bottom end out.  Good stuff.  :plus_one:
    LBGE/Maryland
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    @Greedygoat Nice looking package you sent. Where did you get that Everglades stuff and the South Beach pork rub? The pork rub look great. I'm in Coral Springs. Thanks!
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • vegas slim
    vegas slim Posts: 92
    Options
    question where do you all go to buy these rubs etc? not many bbq places around me
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    Options
    My package is going out today and will deliver Thursday. I apologize for the delay.